TRAC 2021

Ohio 24

What is does everyone think who will win the TRAC next yr?

1. TCC
2. Findlay
3. Fremont
4. St Francis
5. Whitmer
6. St John’s
7. Clay
8. Lima Sr.
Until someone beats TCC they have to be favorite.

Sounds to me like the NLL is actually expanding into two divisions. Never thought I'd see the day. Adding Whitmer, Clay, Ross, Findlay, AND Defiance.

Anyone currently in the league leaving? Or is another school being invited? I would assume they would want 12 or 14 schools to go two divisions

Whitmer- 1605
Perrysburg - 1252
Findlay - 1175
AW - 1082
Northview - 1014

Springfield - 884
Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Southview - 745
BG - 714
Defiance - 577
Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506

Add the Toledo Catholic schools and you have two 8-team leagues.

Clay, Ross, Maumee, and Napoleon ae all happier.

The TRAC loses the long drive south to Lima.

Sucks to be Northview.

Last edited:
Whitmer- 1605
Perrysburg - 1252
Findlay - 1175
AW - 1082
Northview - 1014

Springfield - 884
Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Southview - 745
BG - 714
Defiance - 577
Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506

Sucks to be Northview.

Fremont to Defiance would be a haul.

Not that we'd complain. This would STILL cut down on travel and Fremont isn't much further than Kenton, if at all.

Fremont to Defiance would be a haul.

Not that we'd complain. This would STILL cut down on travel and Fremont isn't much further than Kenton, if at all.
You guys have done it before. Not to mention the direct route (Rte 6).

I gotta believe if they divide it up you would have Defiance, Napoleon, BG, Maumee, Southview, and maybe Nview or Springfield in the lower division. Keeps all the smaller schools together and Springfield or Northview are West of the River.

Defiance is a nice addition that was unthinkable 10 years ago. The WBL has been so solid but demographics change. Much like the NLL, Perrysburg and to a lessor degree AW, have and will continue to outgrow the league.

You guys have done it before. Not to mention the direct route (Rte 6).

I gotta believe if they divide it up you would have Defiance, Napoleon, BG, Maumee, Southview, and maybe Nview or Springfield in the lower division. Keeps all the smaller schools together and Springfield or Northview are West of the River.

Defiance is a nice addition that was unthinkable 10 years ago. The WBL has been so solid but demographics change. Much like the NLL, Perrysburg and to a lessor degree AW, have and will continue to outgrow the league.

Oh, you'd definitely hear no complaints about travel on our end. Almost 50 years of trips to Kenton, Celina, Wapakoneta, and St. Marys kinda hardens you up lol.

I had had some thoughts about the absolute perfect league for us being exactly what you just posted, plus Bryan and maybe Wauseon. Napoleon, BG, and the western Toledo schools would be a solid fit for us, and it's only 45 minutes to Maumee on 24 now.

I'm still skeptical we leave the WBL as I've heard no talk. But at this point I wouldn't be opposed. Trading in those long trips for a division where everything is within an hour and our biggest rival is there wouldn't be bad at all.

Whitmer- 1605
Perrysburg - 1252
Findlay - 1175
AW - 1082
Northview - 1014

Springfield - 884
Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Southview - 745
BG - 714
Defiance - 577
Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506

Sucks to be Northview.
This is a great idea. And Lima Joins the WBL and their travel is reduced unless something else funky happens

I would think Liberty Benton would be an option for the open WBL spot before Lima.
Thats possible as they're only 8 boys smaller than Bath but LB I think has always enjoyed being the big boy so I just don't see them wanting to leave and becoming the smallest school in the league. Bellefontaine could also rejoin the WBL if they wanted. Defiance leaving for the NLL could cause some interesting scenarios!

Defiance is not leaving the WBL. It is a perfect League for them. There will be travel no matter what league they are in..

Heck, Lima is as close to the northern Miami Valley League schools (Sidney, Greenville, Piqua etc) as they are to Toledo schools. If I was them I would consider going south rather than north.
Maybe Wapak try to join with Lima?

I also do not think the WBL wants to add Lima. Besides football and basketball they are very bad in almost every other sport.

Defiance is not leaving the WBL. It is a perfect League for them. There will be travel no matter what league they are in..

There is no perfect league for us. It's just a choice between a little easier travel and being one of the smaller schools, or crazy travel for schols our size or a little smaller.

For the record, I'm happy in the WBL. I wish it was an 8 game league schedule so we could kickstart the Bryan rivalry again, but I'm not unhappy. But the idea of Napoleon as a league game is intriguing. I'm with you that I don't see us leaving, but I honestly don't think I'd care either way. Both fits are kinda like hammering a square peg in a round hole.