Top Seniors Next Season

where does epure go to school? colerain? if so than that finishes the arguement right there. i played with matt and he seemed nice enough. but getting letters doesnt mean anything. i play at a d3 school in ohio called wittenberg and am the 6 man right now, and i got letters from a few d1 schools. i suck, so letters dont mean anything.

haha golfguy8 I think you can't read. My question was when was the last time a GMC team beat a GCL team at state. OK sorry I forgot about Hamilton's last place finsih when they last qualified (not that I would exactly call the team qualifying...considering Hodges carried them to state on a weak yaer for Southwest Ohio).

The whole St. X/Moeller are all rich kids argument is horse-----. If that was the case than why doesn't CHCA or Indian Hill dominate in golf. Let alone the fact that LaSalle/Elder aren't outstandingly "poorer" than X/Moe. In fact I would be surprised if the members of their golf team are "poorer" at all. Also, its not as though the kids that go to Sycamore and Lakota East or living in poverty. Furthermore, I don't know if you realize this (considering your school likely doesn't play outside of Cincinnait) that the best two teams in the state the last two years are public schools.

Using the I'm a poor public kid excuse is just a lame way of saying that I don't have the commitment to make myself better by whatever means. I'll let you use that excuse if you are too poor to go out to a course collect 150 balls in the woods and go to a field and practice, but until then just own up to your own mediocracy.

Agreed, collecting lost balls in the woods, and going to an open field is a good idea for a young golfer who has limited funds.

This same golfer can go caddy or get another job at any local country club. These country clubs usually have an "Employee Day", normally on Mondays so employees of the course can play ALL day. At times, if not busy, the head or asst. pro will be glad to give some advice.

Damn It's kind of hostel on this thread. You people need to chill out golf is supose to relax people not start fights...And what the ---- is the point in getting into a huge argument on the internet...But anyway if anyone on here is actually a golfer and not just someone who talks ---- all the time...What are some average scores for some good players... i've only been golfing for about a year now and I havent played on a team but I will this year so im just trying to size up the competition...I go to a D2 school that is known to suck really bad at golf we have a couple good kids but the only one I thought was worth a damn was Matt Hacker and he graduates this year

I would like to mention several golfers as some of the best of the class of 2008. All the the following players have many great rounds and can beat each other on any given day. I have played with all of these players or have played in the same tournaments with them and have enjoyed the rounds. In no particular order:

Michael Oberschmidt - Good solid game
Chris Burger - Solid player
Dean Schneider - Best short game and putter in the area
Shawn Miller - Great length off tee
Justin Epure - Good emotional player
Jimmy Ionna - Good competitor

All of these players could play at the Division I level!!

good joke. i don't think you understand how good you have to be to play division 1

Good point Mr. Smails...you're my favorite...THIS JUST IN...Chad Carroll, one-time St. Xavier phenom playing JV freshman year, is beginning his awe-inspiring comeback this summer starting with the U.S. Open Qualifier. He has been playing lacrosse for the past 3 years for St. Xavier and recieved a letter from Kentucky Wesleyan last week begging him to come and play golf for them next year. He has signed and has begun playing golf again...anyone want to make a guess about what his future holds???

Good point Mr. Smails...you're my favorite...THIS JUST IN...Chad Carroll, one-time St. Xavier phenom playing JV freshman year, is beginning his awe-inspiring comeback this summer starting with the U.S. Open Qualifier. He has been playing lacrosse for the past 3 years for St. Xavier and recieved a letter from Kentucky Wesleyan last week begging him to come and play golf for them next year. He has signed and has begun playing golf again...anyone want to make a guess about what his future holds???

he used to be ok. im gonna guess his future holds lots of scores in the 80's

u kidding i remember teeing it with carroll at greencrest he is incredible great ballstriker a lil shady on the putting reminds me a lot of sergio

I heard Chris Rueve from lasalle is really playing strong this spring and it looks like it could carry in to the season which will be huge for lasalle who need others beside stud chris baby burgs to step up this season.

I was wondering if any one in the state is close to being as good as chris baby burgs from lasalle. And also i heard that luke gattermann and dan schmidt are playing out of there you no whats this summer.

Tain Lee and i used take lessons together when we were younger but the last time i saw him was a year after he moved to california he came back to play in the jr am qualifer at TPC, but he is still very very good.

Are you kidding me i played with that kid at districts i didnt see anything but a sore loser in him, plus he isnt even the best on his team.

Are you kidding me i played with that kid at districts i didnt see anything but a sore loser in him, plus he isnt even the best on his team.

He's working on his attitude. It's hard NOT to be like that when you've been handed everything. His maturity will (hopefully) shine next year. Sam Jandel was the #1 golfer....but Vauls is slowly beginning to overtake Jandel. This summer circuit will be vital to his growth as a golfer. Either way...hitting 71-78 will get you a scholarship. That's what it's all about anyway...isn't it :shrug:

Yea i doubt that he will be able to take over jandel he is a very solid player. And since when did college coachs take kids that zip up stuff in your back swing and start crying when everyone in his group is beating him.:shrug:

well i have never heard of him and you dont seem too confident yourself so i'll assume the answer to my question is no