Top club teams

GaryD

Being both a HS and Club coach in Central Ohio I watch both pretty close.

I'd have to say these two seem to have immense talent, and the results on the field show. Internationals U18/19's probably the best in my view and Ohio Elite U16's heading that same way. They are the only 2 in the state top 15 in both the big rankings and their girl’s names are spread all over in club and High School as stand outs.

Internationals ECNL U18/19's are #2 nationally in youth soccer rankings and top 15 Top Drawer going 25-6-2 since 2019.

Huff is current Ohio DII and Overall U.S. High school All_American player of the year not to mention 4 time all American one of very few Freshman to ever make it, and is simply just brilliant on the pitch. She and Fusco both going to Tennessee to play in College. Huff has been a stand out forever. She and Fusco have been consistently consistent for years. Olmstead Falls had to be devastated to lose Fusco the last 2 years. Lerner going to play at Clemson, Schmidt to Wake Forrest, Nicholas going to SLU, Kenna and Bruni in the MAC, Oberhaus playing for Army, Soltesz at College of the Holy Cross both in the patriot league, and Oldham to Cleveland state. Most have been major contributors on their high school teams current or before they stopped playing H.S.. 10 of their 11 starters both 21’s and 22’s have committed to solid DI College programs. Fusco, Huff and Nicholas all went to the national ECNL camp in Portland where Fusco was a best IX. Zdravko's girls are exceptional and have been since U13 in High school, ECNL, Super Y, you name it these girls have dominated.

Ohio Elite ECNL U16's are #3 nationally in youth soccer rankings and top 15 Top Drawer going 24-3-5 since 2019

Cochran was the youngest and only Sophomore to win an All-American nationwide for fall soccer this year. The whole team looks split pretty even between freshman and sophomores all played varsity high school ball. Six of them played in the regionals on different teams. Over half the team was 1st team and won all area including their 9th graders, a very uncommon result. Erbach was the highest scoring freshman in the State coming from the SWBL the only conference state wide with teams in all 3 divisions to put schools in the Regional playoffs of DI, DII and DIII. Cummings also a freshman led the GWOC a major DI conference in goals and points, first freshman in a storied conference’s history to do it playing only conference teams no fluff. Erbach and Fields were the only two players from the same club team that started on final state poll #1 Teams in Waynesville and Mount Notre Dame. Fields was named to the best uncommitted IX in the ECNL last month as a Sophomore. Cummings went to the ECNL National camp in Portland. My guess is you will see this team of girl’s level of college commitments match that of the Internationals U18/19’s when the time comes.

I know there are many other quality teams out there but these two are the ones that really stick out to m especially with the rankings to validate. Reminds me of some of Kings dominant OP teams in the past. My guess is like Chris’s OP teams both these squads will go very far in the ECNL Playoffs. I have no skin in the game with either club and am probably 100 miles from the closest kid, though I have seen a number of them play over the years. But I appreciate good footy and these two teams when you look across their rosters seem to fit that bill with their individual and team results.

I don't follow girls soccer as much as boys, but it's hard not to include FC Evolution (formerly Cleveland FC) and their 02 and 03 girls teams on that list. The 02 girls are the defending national champs.

I don't follow girls soccer as much as boys, but it's hard not to include FC Evolution (formerly Cleveland FC) and their 02 and 03 girls teams on that list. The 02 girls are the defending national champs.

You're right, That Cleveland FC team is strong. Many of the Strongsville girls from the State Championship team were from there and they have some solid commitments too. On the club level they just don't play quite the same level of competition, but they have been very successful for sure.

I'll offer this observation about OE teams, thnough not to denigrate them. Over the last 3 or 4 iterations I've seen, they peak around U16 and fall in the rankings from there. The 01's were a top 10 Youthsoccerrankings/Topdrawer team at U16. Prior to that I can't remember if it was the 99's or the 98's that were also highly regarded. The 02's were a final 4 ECNL at U16 and didn't qualify for the playoffs at U17. I think the 01/02 team was strong.

I'm not denigrating OE or Doug's coaching style, I just don't think he has a win-at-all-cost mentality and will gamble. I've always thought he tinkers in ways that aren't always conducive to winning, but I think make players mentally stronger and more adaptive.

At U18/19 his girls are almost all committed and he seems pretty laid back. Everybody is doing senior stuff and he never really knows who's going to make games. He kept something like 24 girls for the 01/00 team and still had a roster of 11 girls for a game against Internationals.