Top 3 Public/Top 3 Private Since 2000

High school teams should be about growing up with kids through a system playing together. Not buying mercenaries from all over while recruiting 7 counties wide.

Eds could win the next 40 titles in a row and won't gain any respect from me . I don't watch them play and I don't care about them

Mentor probably has a higher percentage of Catholic kids on their team than Eds nowadays. Eds is about sports first with their athletes. A 500 something CB number is a joke and is embarrassing

If I want to watch recruited teams I'll watch college football which is a much higher level.

We know your schtick by now man. Many ignore you. I make fun of you. Glad for your sake you have mighty eds football. Gives you something to live for with your pathetic existence in the real world

Ps: I average less than 3 posts a day on here but yeah I live here. Good one lol.

Some days I do enjoy it. Some days I don't come on. But bashing clowns like you does make my post count go up on certain days.

Now get back to the recruiting trail for those middle schoolers !!

Sorry you have such a gripe with private schools, apparently it’s not allowed to better one’s education and athletic future if your a parent of a child.

Only thing that’s a joke and embarrassing is your hatred for a school because their simply better academically and athletically and it’s not even close.

Apparently the mentor way is the only way !!!!!! And you literally cemented my own point that you live on here by posting everyday. But please tell me my existence in the real world is dependent on my glory days 🤣.

Sorry you have such a gripe with private schools, apparently it’s not allowed to better one’s education and athletic future if your a parent of a child.

Only thing that’s a joke and embarrassing is your hatred for a school because their simply better academically and athletically and it’s not even close.

Apparently the mentor way is the only way !!!!!! And you literally cemented my own point that you live on here by posting everyday. But please tell me my existence in the real world is dependent on my glory days 🤣.
It's funny that you talk about education being so superior yet I've seen you use "loose" instead of "lose" when talking about programs losing. Now you use "your" instead of "you're' in this post.

Just very ironic for someone touting the eds education while making such elementary mistakes. You either didn't go there or were clearly one of the dumb jocks that got in based on relaxing standards for athletes

Not all private schools build like eds. Eds is as dirty as it gets. Not a jealousy issue as I've said this before they even won a title. I don't want my school to build that way. That's not what high school sports should be about to me. Your 500 something CB says it all

Apparently you don't know what average posts a day means , but I'll chalk it up to more stupidity from you. Hint: many of days I don't post

Now back to recruiting middle schools kids ! 🤣

It's funny that you talk about education being so superior yet I've seen you use "loose" instead of "lose" when talking about programs losing. Now you use "your" instead of "you're' in this post.

Just very ironic for someone touting the eds education while making such elementary mistakes. You either didn't go there or were clearly one of the dumb jocks that got in based on relaxing standards for athletes

Not all private schools build like eds. Eds is as dirty as it gets. Not a jealousy issue as I've said this before they even won a title. I don't want my school to build that way. That's not what high school sports should be about to me. Your 500 something CB says it all

Apparently you don't know what average posts a day means , but I'll chalk it up to more stupidity from you. Hint: many of days I don't post

Now back to recruiting middle schools kids ! 🤣
Man sorry my grammar while typing on my phone is not perfect.

Both my bachelors and master’s degrees would disagree but please keep trying to act all high and mighty.

Man sorry my grammar while typing on my phone is not perfect.

Both my bachelors and master’s degrees would disagree but please keep trying to act all high and mighty.
I'm not the one touting education of my school while making elementary mistakes all the time that show you either didn't go to eds or they relaxed their standards....

The 6 figure salary and master's degree aren't the flexes you think they are in the present day

I'm not the one touting education of my school while making elementary mistakes all the time that show you either didn't go to eds or they relaxed their standards....

The 6 figure salary and master's degree aren't the flexes you think they are in the present day
You want pictures of my house and truck too …… sheesh 🙄

I'm not the one who asked about your income or education level..you felt the need to tout them because of your insecurities or attempt to flex...
Yet you’re the one who has to keep hating because your school can’t win. I’ll talk smack all day, I’m not blinded by my hatred that I can’t see others point of view.

Cal preps in the past couple years has had projections where ML would beat both Mentor and Massillon.

I don’t think they would have happened but the fact a computer model thinks a school that small would beat those teams is very impressive and honestly kinda sad for the bigger schools in Ohio. The big schools are not what they used to be and it’s either because their huge male enrollment has a low number of actual good football players or coaching in contrast to those smaller schools.

Nate Moore went 24-13 as a coach at a MAC school and never winning a state title or MAC title. Must not be that easy because now he gets to the Big Divisions and has won multiple and been to a lot of state titles.

Cal preps in the past couple years has had projections where ML would beat both Mentor and Massillon.

I don’t think they would have happened but the fact a computer model thinks a school that small would beat those teams is very impressive and honestly kinda sad for the bigger schools in Ohio. The big schools are not what they used to be and it’s either because their huge male enrollment has a low number of actual good football players or coaching in contrast to those smaller schools.

Nate Moore went 24-13 as a coach at a MAC school and never winning a state title or MAC title. Must not be that easy because now he gets to the Big Divisions and has won multiple and been to a lot of state titles.
lol what’s Cal Preps? Idk what’s more dumb, having a computer make projections on high school teams that are playing 5 divisions apart with no common opponents, or actually citing one as evidence while trying to make a point.

lol what’s Cal Preps? Idk what’s more dumb, having a computer make projections on high school teams that are playing 5 divisions apart with no common opponents, or actually citing one as evidence while trying to make a point.
Their models make perfect sense which is why they have around an 80% hit rate. Would I pick ML to win, no. The fact we have this conversation though is what makes it sad for the big boy schools. Once vaunted programs no longer are with these huge enrollments. No titles to show, simply get better.

The reason computer models incorrectly predict that ML would take Mentor to the woodshed is because of the way the algorithms and calculations work, especially taking into account margins of victory. So basically if a team is capable of beating a team 77-0 but actually only wins 35-0 or 42-0, the computers think the team was only capable of winning by that lower score rather than the actuality of being able to name the score. Also if a team puts in their JVs and they allow them to score late several times, the computers have no idea the game was a running clock for 75% of the game and the final result was already decided before half. So it is basically stuff like this thay makes the computers think that the D-I to D-III schools are weaker than they actually are. It is not the case that the top schools in the bigger divisions are weaker or worse than they used to be or that the smaller schools are a lot better than they used to be and there no longer is the disparity there used to be. Everyone from MAC country likes to think this is the case but the reality is that it couldn't be further from the truth. Some projection and ranking sites try to account for this by capping the maximum values for losses or wins by more than 28 points, but this is an imperfect system as well. The only way to accurately judge the strength of all teams from D-I to D-VII is for all the coaches to run up the scores as much as possible and to never put in the 2nd team or JV boys. The computer models also can't accurately account for the depth of each team and any differences in size, physicality, speed that real people can see the disparity in all the areas plain as day.

Their models make perfect sense which is why they have around an 80% hit rate. Would I pick ML to win, no. The fact we have this conversation though is what makes it sad for the big boy schools. Once vaunted programs no longer are with these huge enrollments. No titles to show, simply get better.
Lmao…the only reason this conversation is happening is because there’s a few small school fans that are complete morons and actually believe that their middle school level varsity teams could actually hang with good teams in the upper divisions.

The reason computer models incorrectly predict that ML would take Mentor to the woodshed is because of the way the algorithms and calculations work, especially taking into account margins of victory. So basically if a team is capable of beating a team 77-0 but actually only wins 35-0 or 42-0, the computers think the team was only capable of winning by that lower score rather than the actuality of being able to name the score. Also if a team puts in their JVs and they allow them to score late several times, the computers have no idea the game was a running clock for 75% of the game and the final result was already decided before half. So it is basically stuff like this thay makes the computers think that the D-I to D-III schools are weaker than they actually are. It is not the case that the top schools in the bigger divisions are weaker or worse than they used to be or that the smaller schools are a lot better than they used to be and there no longer is the disparity there used to be. Everyone from MAC country likes to think this is the case but the reality is that it couldn't be further from the truth. Some projection and ranking sites try to account for this by capping the maximum values for losses or wins by more than 28 points, but this is an imperfect system as well. The only way to accurately judge the strength of all teams from D-I to D-VII is for all the coaches to run up the scores as much as possible and to never put in the 2nd team or JV boys. The computer models also can't accurately account for the depth of each team and any differences in size, physicality, speed that real people can see the disparity in all the areas plain as day.
No one in MAC country thinks they would go to D1 or D2 and win state, literally no one. It is the fact that the bigger division schools think they are untouchable when they are not with the exception of maybe 5 schools. I have 0 details on the Moeller vs Ironton game a few years back when it was 25-7, but did Moeller play their JV team? I hope so because that score doesn't scream blowout, and Moeller was 1 point away from the D1 state title game while Ironton got bounced Round 3 in the D5 Playoffs.

Who won D5 that year? Versailles beating Kirtland, the same Versailles team that D6 ML beat earlier that year.

Lets not forget 2007 Cardinal Mooney who beat Mentor then lost to Coldwater. That Coldwater team finished 14-1 with its lone loss to..... ML

Last edited:
No one in MAC country thinks they would go to D1 or D2 and win state, literally no one. It is the fact that the bigger division schools think they are untouchable when they are not with the exception of maybe 5 schools. I have 0 details on the Moeller vs Ironton game a few years back when it was 25-7, but did Moeller play their JV team? I hope so because that score doesn't scream blowout, and Moeller was 1 point away from the D1 state title game while Ironton got bounced Round 3 in the D5 Playoffs.

Who won D5 that year? Versailles beating Kirtland, the same Versailles team that D6 ML beat earlier that year.

Lets not forget 2007 Cardinal Mooney who beat Mentor then lost to Coldwater. That Coldwater team finished 14-1 with its lone loss to..... ML
Mentor also played against Mooney with their all Ohio two way star at qb-s Dan McCarthy. He was hurt before the playoffs so it wasn't the same team as week 1.

People often try to leave that out

Wasn’t John Simon also on that Mooney team? Lol cherry-picking one example from 16 years ago isn’t exactly the “gotcha” moment he was looking for
No it actually proves the point you claim didn't exist. I gave proof now you backtrack saying it doesn't count. Really you are just looking for affirmation to stroke your own ego without just seeing that some small schools do a good job at playing football. Your jelousy of schools winning titles on the field lately clouds your judgement.

Again no one thinks those small teams would go to the big schools and expect a win, it is the fact we're talking about overall programs and some of the bigger schools cry because they can't win titles.

No it actually proves the point you claim didn't exist. I gave proof now you backtrack saying it doesn't count. Really you are just looking for affirmation to stroke your own ego without just seeing that some small schools do a good job at playing football. Your jelousy of schools winning titles on the field lately clouds your judgement.

Again no one thinks those small teams would go to the big schools and expect a win, it is the fact we're talking about overall programs and some of the bigger schools cry because they can't win titles.
We have all been praising the small schools for the success that they have so idk what you’re talking about. Also, Mooney wasn’t D5,6,or 7 obviously for the example you provided which is what we’ve been saying. D5-7 is completely different than D1-3. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make other than seizing an opportunity to make fun of programs that have been successful but not able to win a championship at the higher levels.

The fact of the matter is that you can always paint the picture you want to paint, you can take situations where a team like Mentor losses to a smaller team like Cardinal Mooney, but the fact of the matter is by the time Mooney was in the playoffs they were without the services of some of their best players that made a huge difference in the outcome of both games. I highly doubt if Mooney had everyone 100% healthy in the playoffs that they would lose to Coldwater or anyone else in their classification that year.
But you can seldom find any instance without any easily explainable circumstances where you can support your claim.

But you left out the McCarthy injury .. completely different team with him vs without

I attended the Moeller at Ironton game, it appeared they played their varsity team, Moe just built their lead and pretty much played keep away from Ironton for the remainder of that game

Also, his only example of a small school beating a big one is freakin 2007 completely loaded Mooney…no examples of a public school doing that lol
Everyone knows that the MAC schools couldn't beat the top tier of D1. Hell who else can, no one. Its the same with D2, no one but WW, TCC, Hoban and LaSalle has one a title in 10 years. If I were from Massillon and Mentor I wouldn't argue to much because you have one absolutely nothing.

Everyone knows that the MAC schools couldn't beat the top tier of D1. Hell who else can, no one. Its the same with D2, no one but WW, TCC, Hoban and LaSalle has one a title in 10 years. If I were from Massillon and Mentor I wouldn't argue to much because you have one absolutely nothing.
I mean Massillon WON their game against St Ed’s last season so…

There have been several people on this thread claiming that Mac schools could complete with the big dogs…which is completely delusional.

Back in the old days, it was difficult to make the playoffs as a public school conference team. You could go undefeated, but a private school who played an independent schedule (and who was successful against it, which was difficult) would earn more computer points and claim the playoff spots. We used to see Middletown Fenwick in the playoffs a lot of years, playing in a conference of all larger teams.

When they let more teams in the playoffs (and lowered the spread in points between divisions), teams like MAC teams, Columbus Grove, Hardin Northern, etc., started getting in the playoffs and winning.
it was difficult for all schools with 3 Divisions and 4 Teams getting in. In 1986 Columbus DeSales ( private) was the Defending State Champs coming off a 14-0 season and went 10-0 with a 24 game winning streak and missed the Playoffs.