top 10 (div 1 and div 2)

St. X Team

1.St.X
2.Chca( assuming Havens Dahmus and Shidler are healthy)
3.Indian Hill
4.Walnut Hills
5.Sycamore
6.Seven Hills
7.Lakota East
8.Mason
9.Loveland
10.Turpin

I still have to flip-flop Indian Hill and CHCA due to a lack of doubles, because a good team needs only one singles match from them for a victory.

I don't think Turpin would beat 7 Hills this year if 7 Hills can win any of the singles matches, and they are improved greatly at singles from last year, and have the same quality at doubles. I know Turpin beat 7 Hills last year, but until they play May 5, I believe 7 Hills is better than Turpin.

7 Hills can take both doubles from Turpin, and potentially either 1st or 3rd singles, so why can't 7 Hills beat Turpin at home.

acutally they wouldnt take any doubles it would be lucky if they would take 2nd i gaurentee they wouldnt beat 1st doubles in the st x match turpin lost 1st dubs in 3 sets and 2nd dubs in two sets which were very close and seven hills 2nd singles is kyle mccall what a joke and 3rd matt tesmond lol

Yeah, its true that McCall or Tesmond at second singles is a joke, but at third singles either one should be able pull out a victory. I guess we will have to wait at least until the GCTCA to find out.

seven hills is weak this year how could turpin lose when they lost onyl one player from last years team seven hills did not get amazing over night they lost their decent 2nd doubles team they will win 1st singles but they would be lucky to win unless turpins coach plays a dumb lineup if he would go go ludwig stephan rice knoll becker gallagher rinaldi yes turpin will lose because stephan cant win a match against anyone good even though he looks good

7 Hills only lost two players from last year, one of each of their doubles teams. McIlwraith and Sawyer at first doubles should be able to notch a victory aganist Knoll and Becker, but it will likely be a three-seter. McNeil and Brunner should beat Gallagher and Rinaldi, if they play like they have been early in the season.

yeah considering we beat them easily last year at 1st and becker will most likely not be playing with knoll and even if he does they just took a set of the team that got 3rd at state last year and 2nd doubles was really close against st x

BOYS' TENNIS HONOR ROLL

DIVISION I

As of Monday

Team Points
1. St. Xavier (12) 120
2. Sycamore 104
3. Walnut Hills 99
4. Mason 73
5. Turpin 68
6. Loveland 48
7. Fairfield 42
8. Lakota East 29
9. Kings 20
10. Lakota West 8

Others receiving votes: St. Xavier 'B' 7; Milford 4; Princeton 2; Moeller 2; Elder 1.

1st singles

Ramaswamy (St. X) 8-3; Keck (Oak Hills) 9-4; Wesolowski (Colerain) 6-3; Gulitus (Loveland) 4-1; Johnston (Wilmington) 6-2; Ruzick (La Salle) 4-4; Starr (Walnut Hills) 4-0; Berry (Sycamore) 2-0.

2nd singles

Stahl (Loveland) 4-1; Carter (Wilmington) 5-3; Stuckey (Walnut Hills) 4-0; Troche (Hamilton) 2-0; Bernstein (Sycamore) 4-1; Joe Hoard (Elder) 4-2; Torbeck (St. X) 11-0; P. Rogers (Milford) 5-2.

3rd singles

Ditman (Lakota East) 2-2; Streicker (Loveland) 5-0; Roodhouse (Walnut Hills) 5-1; Conti (Wilmington) 6-2; Eberhand (Mason) 5-1; Martin (Sycamore) 4-0; D. Schroeder (Elder) 7-1; Gaffney (St. X) 10-1; Patrice (Milford) 4-3; Hill (Oak Hills) 7-6.

1st doubles

Walt/Hein (Wilmington) 7-2; Caprio/Shahrestani (Mason) 5-0; Warders/Hirlinger (Harrison) 7-3; Arenstein/Rajagopal (Sycamore) 3-0; Weichert/John Hoard (Elder) 4-0; Drosick/Mehan (St. X) 11-0; Schneider/K. Rogers (Milford) 5-2; Ruzick/Evans (La Salle) 2-1; Downs/Menche (Hamilton) 2-1.

2nd doubles

Hill/Merkle (Wilmington) 2-1; Turner/Ahlers (Mason) 3-0; Owens/Sims (Harrison) 8-2; Hall/Patel (Sycamore) 1-0; Cohen/Dennis (Sycamore) 1-0; Weichert/Hartoin (Elder) 3-0; Fassler/Reber (St. X) 9-0; Calderhead/Duffy (Milford) 4-2.

DIVISION II

As of Monday

Team Points
1. CHCA (4) 49
2. Seven Hills 44
3. Indian Hill (1) 39
4. Madeira 26
5. Cincinnati Country Day 25
6. Roger Bacon 23
7. Wyoming 20
8. Mariemont 17
9. Summit Country Day 11
10. Badin 9

Others receiving votes: CNE 8; Finneytown 2; New Richmond 1.

1st singles

Henessy (Wyoming) 5-1; Sikes (Roger Bacon) 5-3.

2nd singles

McCall (Seven Hills) 5-1; Owens (Wyoming) 4-2.

3rd singles

Tesmond (Seven Hills) 3-1.

1st doubles

Sawyer/McIlwraith (Seven Hills) 6-0; Luther/Tuke (Madiera) 4-0; Gantt/Ostholhoff (Roger Bacon) 8-1.

2nd doubles

Brunner/McNeill (Seven Hills) 6-0; Blackwelder/Derenthal (Madeira) 3-0.

Does anyone actually respect either of these polls?

Here is the real top ten 1 St.X. 1a Indian Hill (Strunk injured) 3. Sycamore 4. CHCA 5.Walnut Hills 6 Turpin 7 Seven Hills 8 Mason 9St.X "B" 10. Loveland

ok first of all turpin didnt have 2 players and they did not play their real lineup because they were preparing knoll and ludwig for sectionals and another team

I don't know about, I believe that 7Hills has the stronger 2nd doubles team. Even though the match was close, I think that 7Hills would eek out the match 3-2 if played at full lineups.

I never said 7 Hills was better than IH, I was talking abou Turpin. However, 7 Hills and IH play Monday(?) at 7 Hills in the State Quarters.

I think Hudson and Toledo Saint Johns have an excellent chance of beating st. xavier high school in the team state (only if x gets past an excellent walnut hills team that is aparently "untouchable"). Both of these teams have excellent depth. The problem in beating st. x is the hideous facial features that pat bandy has. These features distract opponents as they hit the ball. Which bears the question is walnut hills untouchable or pat bandy?

Walnut got touched today 5-0 by X. X would have to fall flat on its face to not win state team tourney. This is the deepest team in the state in D1 for a long time . Good luck to all cincy kids this weekend.

long time i doubt that cincinnati always has deep teams in a long time what are you talking about kings for those four years sycamore had deep teams ih has deep teams and walnut