Toledo Area Job Openings

419Jester

Hopefully there isn’t much change unless they are voluntary. I can’t really think of many coaches doing such an awful job that they should get pushed out. Which jobs are open/opening?

Cardinal Stritch- filled without even posting it.
Ottawa Hills if they ever fill the AD job.
Springfield
Maybe SUA again?
Otsego?
Toledo Central Catholic- Does Terry get off the interim tag?

Cardinal Stritch- filled without even posting it.
Ottawa Hills if they ever fill the AD job.
Springfield
Maybe SUA again?
Otsego?
Toledo Central Catholic- Does Terry get off the interim tag?
I think Terry did a pretty good job.

I didn’t know Springfield was going to open but forgot he was coaching his kid.

SUA again??????? My goodness.

Just heard SUA might open back up. Not positive on that one.
Terry did okay, that 15-0 run Bellevue had in the 4th probably stopped what would have been their best shot at a run in the near future. There is a significant drop off in talent for the next few years. ND is shifting back to be the queen of the Catholics in this area.

Terry did okay, that 15-0 run Bellevue had in the 4th probably stopped what would have been their best shot at a run in the near future. There is a significant drop off in talent for the next few years. ND is shifting back to be the queen of the Catholics in this area.
ND currently has some good transfers there or coming in. Good young kids and returning pretty much everyone. I agree with you. They are starting to rise again.

Central Catholic will for sure be on the decline. That recruiting the previous staff did is almost cleared out of this year and next with exception of a few sophomores.

SUA is hard to tell. Currently little talent after this class leaves and an unsure coaching situation. Stability is the very basics of a functioning program and they need to find that before anything else is even spoken of.

I don’t know with the 7 divisions where all of these teams fall but non of them will be D1 which is a positive for all 3 of them. None of them are currently setup to make an honest run in our current D1format.

Central Catholic will for sure be on the decline. That recruiting the previous staff did is almost cleared out of this year and next with exception of a few sophomores.
Very hard to replace a player who finished with over 1k points and rebounds, and a defensive menace and great scorer.

Their 2025 class aren't slouches at all, but very hard to replace BK, Nuna, and Farrugia (heavily underrated) next year.

Very likely that they retain Terry and the Matus clan.

However, with the move to 7 divisions can't count out a run in wherever CC gets placed in (most likely D3 with CB).

Very hard to replace a player who finished with over 1k points and rebounds, and a defensive menace and great scorer.

Their 2025 class aren't slouches at all, but very hard to replace BK, Nuna, and Farrugia (heavily underrated) next year.

However, with the move to 7 divisions can't count out a run in wherever CC gets placed in (most likely D3 with CB).
Didn’t know Farrugia was a senior. Th ate a big loss.

I think they will be in division 3 in the 7 division format.

Not sure that's a great thing.. Which ever one of the Matus' draws up the same clutch time sideline out of bounds play down the stretch everytime. Pietras take it out, Pietras get it back. I woulda maybe have thought to get the ball in the hands of Clay or Vaughn, but that's what she draws up every dang time. Never works, but they keep running it.

Last edited:
Not sure that's a great thing.. Which ever one of the Matus' draws up the same clutch time sideline out of bounds play down the stretch everytime. Pietras take it out, Pietras get it back. I woulda maybe have thought to get the ball in the hands of Clay or Vaughn, but that's what she draws up every dang time. Never works, but they keep running it.
Maybe Clay, but not BK for that shot.

FWIW, she's their second-best three-ball shooter (behind Clay) and was able to get the shot off and almost banked it in for a second OT.

For all of the drama that happened last year and losing Stanley at the beginning of the year, I think the staff did a better job than some thought they would. I'm eager to see what they can do to build upon this year with their 2026 class.

ND currently has some good transfers there or coming in. Good young kids and returning pretty much everyone. I agree with you. They are starting to rise again.

SUA is hard to tell. Currently little talent after this class leaves and an unsure coaching situation. Stability is the very basics of a functioning program and they need to find that before anything else is even spoken of.

I don’t know with the 7 divisions where all of these teams fall but non of them will be D1 which is a positive for all 3 of them. None of them are currently setup to make an honest run in our current D1format.
ND and SUA will be D3. Central Catholic will be D4.

ND and SUA will be D3. Central Catholic will be D4.
Also it is shaping up to be a 14 team District 3 with no one that I can tell (Rogers?) that’s going to give Notre Dame a run. Central will have to deal with Bryan and Genoa next year in an 8 team D4

Also it is shaping up to be a 14 team District 3 with no one that I can tell (Rogers?) that’s going to give Notre Dame a run. Central will have to deal with Bryan and Genoa next year in an 8 team D4
Bryan lost all 5 starters from this years team, they will be down big. Genoa brings back all 5 starters from a team that made it to district semis.

Heard that SUA already has their coach for next year, not sure how true that is. Have to feel bad for the seniors that had to deal with all the issues they had last year and finish their high school career in the way they did. SUA should just be lucky they still have girls coming out to play for that program.

Heard that SUA already has their coach for next year, not sure how true that is. Have to feel bad for the seniors that had to deal with all the issues they had last year and finish their high school career in the way they did. SUA should just be lucky they still have girls coming out to play for that program.
They had some good players waste their senior year. And they had some really good athletes not come out last year because of exactly what you said.
AD does not care about basketball

Bryan lost all 5 starters from this years team, they will be down big. Genoa brings back all 5 starters from a team that made it to district semis.
Genoa is going to be tough for years. That’s why I listed them. Bryan is a machine and has the young Thiel, she is going to be a monster

Does his last name start with a G?

Does his last name start with a G
Sorry didn't get a name, just heard they have their new coach. Lets be honest it can't be any worse than hiring a coach that didn't have any experience coaching basketball. The athletic department there doesn't do the girls basketball program any justice with their previous coaching carousel.

Did the assistant coach at Cardinal Stritch become the new head coach? Is the Ottawa Hills job even a good job? The program sounds like it has seen better days, coming off a 4-13 record this past season. The AD position looks like it closes tomorrow, which should then take a couple of weeks to a month to hire that position. Looks like it could take awhile before we find out who gets the girls basketball coach position, which only hurts the program because they will be behind on off-season workouts. They do have three pretty good basketball players in the 8th grade, but the question is with the unknown will all three even stay at OH?

Did the assistant coach at Cardinal Stritch become the new head coach? Is the Ottawa Hills job even a good job? The program sounds like it has seen better days, coming off a 4-13 record this past season. The AD position looks like it closes tomorrow, which should then take a couple of weeks to a month to hire that position. Looks like it could take awhile before we find out who gets the girls basketball coach position, which only hurts the program because they will be behind on off-season workouts. They do have three pretty good basketball players in the 8th grade, but the question is with the unknown will all three even stay at OH?
Yes on C Stritch.
Ottawa Hills is in some trouble with the state for non athletic reasons. Girls basketball- They have some pieces just no guards. Those young kids will make that a decent job or not. I have to think some of the parochials have to be all over trying to get the Skiver kid.

Springfield has officially announced their girls job is open. That job seems like a nightmare also, last year they could only play two quarters jv because of only have 12-13 total players in the program. They are going to need someone that can rebuild a program from the bottom up and lets not forget that they are in a tough location being close to the catholic schools.

Springfield has officially announced their girls job is open. That job seems like a nightmare also, last year they could only play two quarters jv because of only have 12-13 total players in the program. They are going to need someone that can rebuild a program from the bottom up and lets not forget that they are in a tough location being close to the catholic schools.
Yeah. Clifton made it know at the District meetings he was done. The cupboards are bare. They have a potentially good 8th grader.
But she could follow her sister to Notre Dame.

Yes on C Stritch.
Ottawa Hills is in some trouble with the state for non athletic reasons. Girls basketball- They have some pieces just no guards. Those young kids will make that a decent job or not. I have to think some of the parochials have to be all over trying to get the Skiver kid.
who is the Stritch Coach ???

Watch the new Central Stritch interview on BCSN twitter from a couple days ago. Their new coach is saying to come transfer over get 4 years of stats and highlights and he will get them into college
Just watched it. Interesting. Just marketing his product. Good luck to him because I don’t see that place lifting off the ground regardless.