Tips needed on weight cutting

Stand on head while spitting in a cup.

(Sorry, I see this this thread being very bad, so I might as well kick-off)

hard work! you wont get anything positive here that you dont know about already, theres no short cuts or cheats, simply nutrition and hard work. If your asking its probably to much!

Shove a blanket in the heat vent, open bedroom windows and sleep with a thin sheet. #2 lop off a couple toes

Whats bad about it, I just ask a question ???

One problem is that you've given no details. How much weight is involved? What percentage of bodyweight is involved? What's the time frame to lose the weight? How much bodyfat is involved? Is it a one time cut or for the rest of of the season? Is it for a normal high school match with 1-2 hours between weigh-in and wrestling or a night before weigh-in? What do you already know?

One problem is that you've given no details. How much weight is involved? What percentage of bodyweight is involved? What's the time frame to lose the weight? How much bodyfat is involved? Is it a one time cut or for the rest of of the season? Is it for a normal high school match with 1-2 hours between weigh-in and wrestling or a night before weigh-in? What do you already know?

I agree with the above RFI..but first I think there are other questions that need answers:
1st question to the question...how old is the kid (honest answer)?
2nd question...does the kid love wrestling?
3rd question...are you asking about weight "cutting" or weight "management"? There is a big difference ..which kind of segues off of the above questions

Starting this in November with a plan instead of doing crazy stuff in January to meet an unrealistic goal....just saying

I agree with the above RFI..but first I think there are other questions that need answers:
1st question to the question...how old is the kid (honest answer)?
2nd question...does the kid love wrestling?
3rd question...are you asking about weight "cutting" or weight "management"? There is a big difference ..which kind of segues off of the above questions
Scrapper, you must be in the trades.
No one else uses RFI lol

Next he'll be asking for an RFQ and wanting to know ROI.

Now that is pretty darn funny. Now we typically call them RFP's in my line of work and I haven't even thought about an investment RFQ or had a ROI for about 15 years!! Too many scars from the ole 401K.

If you are asking this question at this late point in the year, you may have a problem and are probably in the wrong weight class.

And now for some reason the A&Es are calling Bullitins , PR's???
As long as they don't try and pass of a PR as a ASI I'm fine with it! ��

Colonic, Sauna Suit, Meal Replacements and of course spit your saliva out don't swallow it.

Now we are talking about someone under the age of 13 correct??

For you that may think I am serious I am just kidding!

Wear a lot of layers at practice
Get in extra workouts
Skip a few meals
Really keep track of your calorie intake
Like others said spit a lot
Wear a lot of layers to bed every night

Or how about not cutting at all, work out hard and hydrate. Your kid will thank you for it.

The last year my son fought with his weight towards the end of season. So we tried this route that was recommended by a college coach while we were on a visit. He statted as high as 158 this summer. Mind you he was pretty fluffy from Large pizzas and lots of ice cream but he dropped to 132. He has tons of energy during practice and actually goes to 3 extra practices through the week. Deffinitely not a last minute weight loss plan. And youll see an increase the first week of 2 gallon water days until.you level off. First couple drops are sketchy but it gets easier. You have to try to eat six or 7 small snack size healthy meals a day. Cut down on carbs.
For a wrestler who wants to cut weight quickly and safely, here’s how much water he would consume in the 5 days leading up to his weigh-in:
Sunday – 2 gallons
Monday – 1 gallon
Tuesday – 1 gallon
Wednesday – .5 gallons
Thursday – .25 gallons
Friday – No water till after weigh-in at 5PM.
As you can see, the amount of water starts high with two gallons and decreases with each day till he’s drinking hardly any water on Thursday and Friday.
This is to ensure their body gets into “flushing mode.”
By drinking lots of water early on, the fighter’s body will down-regulate aldosterone, a hormone that acts to conserve sodium and secrete potassium.
And when he suddenly reduces the amount of water he drinks in the middle and end of the week, his body will still be in flushing mode, meaning he’ll hit the bathroom to pee a lot even though he’s hardly drinking any water.
What happens when you excrete more fluid than you take in? Bingo! Rapid weight loss.
If an athlete is using "water restriction" as a means to reduce weight (specifically through activity (hyper/heat) or sauna, sweating) without 1st CONDITIONING his body to flush fluids... he is GUARANTEED to through OFF the Sodium, Potassium and electrolyte fields of his bloodstream and 100% of the time... will NOT achieve the desired outcome of... superior performance through size, speed or energy.