Three Rivers Conference 2018-2019

You have a basis for that comment JB?

I mean yeah technically, they are being overlooked by "many" Toledo fans because most kids in Toledo probably think "lima" is just a bean. But those that play b-ball and will be playing Lima High School, know what Lima will bring, the coaches know what Lima will bring. There are no secrets.

eastisbest,

I think you just answered your own question.

JB

eastisbest,

I think you just answered your own question.

JB

You can't answer it yourself?

That you had no basis for your comment? That there are "many" kids in Toledo that don't know where Lima is, or for that matter, kids in Lima that don't know where Toledo is?

Come on JB, you made the statement. What was it based on? Which Toledo fans are you saying overllook Lima HS Basketball?

eastisbest,

At the time I made the statement yesterday, there had been 144 posts made since the 2018 basketball season ended and I based my statement on the fact that 125 of those posts had made no mention of Lima Sr. basketball for the upcoming season, while 19 posts had mentioned the Spartans.

With approximately 87% of posters never mentioning Lima Sr basketball, my observation led me to believe the Spartans were overlooked by many in my opinion. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less whether you agree with my statement or not. If you tell me 100% of Toledo fans don't overlook Lima Sr. that's OK too, it's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

JB

eastisbest,

At the time I made the statement yesterday, there had been 144 posts made since the 2018 basketball season ended and I based my statement on the fact that 125 of those posts had made no mention of Lima Sr. basketball for the upcoming season, while 19 posts had mentioned the Spartans.

With approximately 87% of posters never mentioning Lima Sr basketball, my observation led me to believe the Spartans were overlooked by many in my opinion. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less whether you agree with my statement or not. If you tell me 100% of Toledo fans don't overlook Lima Sr. that's OK too, it's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

JB

As you are to yours, not trying to start a pissing contest. You made a statement that "many" Toledo fans overlooked Lima so far, I was interested to know the basis. It's called conversation. If it's any comfort to you, 56.3% of the posts do not even mention a TRAC team and 85.2% of the posts that do mention Lima, aren't from Lima fans. They're thinking of you buddy! And many agree, even if you used a silly basis, doesn't mean it's not yours to own.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the TRAC appreciates the Lima Senior Spartans, be it basketball, football..... Please do not be upset. We hurt with you and we will eat those Kewpee Burgers without malice.

Last edited:
As you are to yours, not trying to start a pissing contest. You made a statement that "many" Toledo fans overlooked Lima so far, I was interested to know the basis. It's called conversation. If it's any comfort to you, 56.3% of the posts do not even mention a TRAC team and 85.2% of the posts that do mention Lima, aren't from Lima fans. They're thinking of you buddy! And many agree, even if you used a silly basis, doesn't mean it's not yours to own.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the TRAC appreciates the Lima Senior Spartans, be it basketball, football..... Please do not be upset. We hurt with you and we will eat those Kewpee Burgers without malice.

eastisbest,

Ah, I see you've done some editing to your earlier post. I now wonder the basis of how you came to the conclusion that I am upset. I have never said anything about being upset. In fact, to the contrary I told you " I couldn't care less on whether you agreed with my observation or not " .

I am now a bit surprised to learn that you are " pretty sure the rest of the TRAC appreciates the Lima Sr. Spartans. " Shall I now consider you to be the self-appointed spokesperson for the entire TRAC league for such a blanket statement, or do you have some other basis for this comment ?

I'm ready to end this conversation with you and was glad when I read your opening sentence saying that you " are not trying to start a pissing contest. " Neither am I, so I'll take a page out of your book and offer to you the following closing advice : Never Get Into A Hissing Contest With A Snake .

JB

eastisbest,

Ah, I see you've done some editing to your earlier post. I now wonder the basis of how you came to the conclusion that I am upset. I have never said anything about being upset. In fact, to the contrary I told you " I couldn't care less on whether you agreed with my observation or not " .

I am now a bit surprised to learn that you are " pretty sure the rest of the TRAC appreciates the Lima Sr. Spartans. " Shall I now consider you to be the self-appointed spokesperson for the entire TRAC league for such a blanket statement, or do you have some other basis for this comment ?

Don't think I edited anything between when I "Last edited: Today at 6:44 AM" and this post of yours after 5pm. R.I.F.

No really, I was just trying to have a conversation, ask what you were basing your comment on. True, I'm not a spokesman for TRAC but then neither are any posts on here spokesman for the "many" Toledo fans you think have overlooked Lima. ;) If you wish to believe that many TRAC fans are overlooking Lima, if that makes your day, please don't let my inquiry get in the way of a pity-party.

But I'm still pretty sure TRAC fans appreciate Lima Senior athletics or they'd have kicked their long distance butts to the curb years ago. They don't need Lima near as much as the other way round. Q.E.D, they appreciate that if Lima wins a state championship, the TRAC wins a state championship. They appreciate that Lima Senior makes Toledo players and teams better. They are hardly rooting against or overlooking Lima.

oops, Last edited: A moment ago.
oops, last edited: Yesterday at , oh wait, TODAY at...which will be yesterday tomorrow... oh foo.

Last edited:
So it looks like Sr will be the team to beat, who looks good for second?
Whitmer has a superstar frosh and twin transfers from SFS, but lost alot
SJJ has a ton, especially in the younger grades
CCHS has a lot back, but this group has really done nothing for 3 years
SFS seems to be a hot mess right now, losing Neal and the twins, any size?
Clay has a stud.

I say CCHS.

Findlay still has a couple players and SF will still be good. I thought their JV last year could have handled a couple of the TRAC varsity squads.

Looks like Cardinal Stritch picked up a 6'6" transfer from Whitmer.

Brandon Burks from Central Catholic is also at Stritch. He will give them two very strong physical defenders at the guard position. Should be able to take the other team out of their offensive flow.

The day Holifield got offered at the Oakland Camp they went 4-0, beating Birmingham Brother Rice and Warren De LaSalle without Burks 6'2" and Thompson 6'6"-6'7".

Devyn Jones 6'5"-6'6" wing will cause some problems with his length and quickness. I also hear good things about a 6'4"-6'5" freshman who is extremely athletic.

Add the new guys to Holifiled, Wilson, Wiggins and Dunsmore....could be a very good team.

Have a solid non-league schedule including St. Francis, Central, Harvest Prep, North Royalton, and Evergreen.

Last edited:
Brandon Burks from Central Catholic is also at Stritch. He will give them two very strong physical defenders at the guard position. Should be able to take the other team out of their offensive flow.

The day Holifield got offered at the Oakland Camp they went 4-0, beating Birmingham Brother Rice and Warren De LaSalle without Burks 6'2" and Thompson 6'6"-6'7".

Devyn Jones 6'5"-6'6" wing will cause some problems with his length and quickness. I also hear good things about a 6'4"-6'5" freshman who is extremely athletic.

Add the new guys to Holifiled, Wilson, Wiggins and Dunsmore....could be a very good team.

Have a solid non-league schedule including St. Francis, Central, Harvest Prep, North Royalton, and Evergreen.

Didn't Stritch also pick up twins from Cleveland? 6'6" seniors, dad was a DeVilbiss graduate?

Saw an interview last night on the Lima WLIO sports with Josiah Fulcher of Lima Senior committing
to play basketball at Bowling Green for next season. Congrats to him and looking forward to his senior year as a Spartan. He was co-player of the year in the TRAC last season and Second Team All-State.

JB

Will Norwalk make a trip up your way?