Toledo St. John's 19 - 3 14 - 0
Toledo St. Francis 17 - 5 11 - 3
Toledo Whitmer 17 - 5 11 - 3
Findlay 13 - 9 7 - 7
Lima Senior 11 - 11 6 - 8
Fremont Ross 9 - 13 3 - 11
Toledo Central Catholic 7 - 14 3 - 11
Oregon Clay 6 - 16 1 - 13

St Francis and Whitmer have pretty much everyone back.

Lima added some transfers.

St. Johns lost a lot but have several shooters to spread the floor and one of the better post players in the league.

Central was young last year but should now be ready to push some teams at the top.

Findlay has good guard play.

Fremont Ross, I have not seen them this summer.

Clay, good young post and a couple athletic wings, but lost their point guard to injury. Will struggle to handle pressure unless someone steps up.

Ross is led by new head coach John Cahill. Cahill replaced longtime Ross coach Mark Gedeon who resigned after last season. Cahill was the very successful girls head coach at Clyde, and he is a Ross grad.

Last edited:
Harris (St. Francis) committed to D2 Cedarville, but recently picked up an offer from D1 Oakland.

Moyer (St. Johns) committed to D2 Malone

Colbert (Whitmer) has an offer from D2 Northwood.

Are there any other scholarship offers/commitments in the TRAC out there?

Fremont scrimmaged Stritch last night.

They have an undersized, but solid PG and a couple wings who can shoot. They are not very big, athletic or deep as a whole.

There seems to be some good energy in the program and the JV has some physical kids who are put together pretty good.

Overall it looks to be a couple years of rebuilding.

23-13 Stritch
14-10 Stritch
17-9 Stritch
18-8 Stritch

72-40

We down two best players or we would be top half of the trac for the 1st ever.

I know Wamer is out which is very unfortunate but Waggonfeld (spl?) is playing right? Those would be the top two guys. Anyone else out? Injury bug hitting Clay?

IF Clay had Wamer and IF the Eagles could have held onto Cryer and Finch they'd a had a shot at finishing top 4.

Wamer injured and Trey would have won a lot of games. With guys running to Stritch we not taking 2nd seat to no one. Should of had 3 6'7" athletic guys, best point guard and best athlete in the league. We drilled everyone in the league back in the day. No one matches up.

How anyone can say, with a straight face, that Clay (3-4 league wins since 2011 and 0-14 last year) could miraculously climb to the top half of the league? As noted above, throw the two 6'7 guys at Stritch, and the 6'4 kid they lost to St. Johns in the mix and an argument could be made that they would be competitive with the likes of the big 3 and Whitmer.

In Oregon, so much time is spent talking about "what could have been," but why not put that effort toward retaining its own kids?

Not entirely sure who "Trey" is, but in terms of best athlete, I think the nod goes to Mitsopolous (sp.) and/or Wells at St. Francis. The way Cavon Butler (at 6'4 290) is able to move, makes him deserving as well.

How anyone can say, with a straight face, that Clay (3-4 league wins since 2011 and 0-14 last year) could miraculously climb to the top half of the league? As noted above, throw the two 6'7 guys at Stritch, and the 6'4 kid they lost to St. Johns in the mix and an argument could be made that they would be competitive with the likes of the big 3 and Whitmer.

In Oregon, so much time is spent talking about "what could have been," but why not put that effort toward retaining its own kids?

Not entirely sure who "Trey" is, but in terms of best athlete, I think the nod goes to Mitsopolous (sp.) and/or Wells at St. Francis. The way Cavon Butler (at 6'4 290) is able to move, makes him deserving as well.

Agree. Just crazy talk. They coulda/woulda been athletic and long, but basketball IQ (can't only play in season), work ethic and chemistry would be an issue.

They are talking about Reddick. He had a strong junior year as a receiver (think he was all state), but struggled to have the same production this year with Wamer getting hurt. He is a good athlete, but he isn't playing this year so I am not sure of the point.

Last edited:
SJJ really struggled offensively. Shot selection was poor; settled for too many 3 pointers. Looks like guys haven't figured out their roles. Played 10 guys. Smith must have to sit the first half of the season & Lichtenberg (sp)out with knee injury from football. Ed has his work cut out.

Southview returns two starters. Not much depth. Horn probably had 22 or 23 and didn't force it.

Nice pre-game dunk. However, going of off the way that you have propped up your son, I was a expecting something more. I saw similar dunks during warm-ups in an 8th grade scrimmage at Robinson a couple of weeks back.

I heard simlar come-backs at a middle school boys' fart party. You thought you'd be a man by making fun of someone's son? I get that the guy is ... different, perhaps just another one of the click-baters, brian in a different guise but

Gotta be smarter.

I heard simlar come-backs at a middle school boys' fart party. You thought you'd be a man by making fun of someone's son? I get that the guy is ... different, perhaps just another one of the click-baters, brian in a different guise but

Gotta be smarter.

What were you doing at a "middle school boys' fart party"? Is that even a thing? :D

If the reason the kid is not playing is what I heard I'd be ashamed to be on here pimping him.

After hearing what SJ did vs. Southview I will go on record saying the league is way down. This is shaping up to be the year Coach Lewis overtakes Airport Hwy. Good for Ed for returning. I thought for certain he would bolt when Williams left and leave his predecessor with a relative bare cupboard. What happened to the McKinstry kid who transferred to SJ from Ross? I know he was on the sidelines all year for SJ in football right? I noticed he is not on the Titan basketball roster. The Titan's still have enough to compete in a relatively weak league with Moyer and Mitsopulous, especially when Lichtenberg gets healthy and the Rogers transfer Smith becomes eligible.

I think playing football will have actually helped SF's Jakie Wells. SF should be really strong with him and Harris and Neal.

CC returns an interesting bunch with a new coach. They might be able to sneak up on some folks.

I know very little about Lima. They have a poster than hangs around here. Any word? Jaleel King playing?

Lima has two transfers from Pickerington Central.

Josiah Fulcher (2020), 6’2”
Jamir Simpson (2020), 6’3”

Fulcher has multiple D1 offers.

After hearing what SJ did vs. Southview I will go on record saying the league is way down. This is shaping up to be the year Coach Lewis overtakes Airport Hwy. Good for Ed for returning. I thought for certain he would bolt when Williams left and leave his predecessor with a relative bare cupboard. What happened to the McKinstry kid who transferred to SJ from Ross? I know he was on the sidelines all year for SJ in football right? I noticed he is not on the Titan basketball roster. The Titan's still have enough to compete in a relatively weak league with Moyer and Mitsopulous, especially when Lichtenberg gets healthy and the Rogers transfer Smith becomes eligible.

I think playing football will have actually helped SF's Jakie Wells. SF should be really strong with him and Harris and Neal.

CC returns an interesting bunch with a new coach. They might be able to sneak up on some folks.

I know very little about Lima. They have a poster than hangs around here. Any word? Jaleel King playing?

I do know Jaleel King is playing for the Spartans.

I'll try this again.

1. Whitmer - I like their defense
2. St. Francis - I like Whitmer's defense
3. Lima - A D1 transfer has to help
4. Central - They were young last year
5. St. Johns - With graduation they didn't have much room for error (injury, AWOL Big???)
6. Findlay - Good guards athletic wing, but lacking depth
7. Fremont - Struggled to defend in the tape I saw
8. Clay - Have to knock off the champs to be the champs......that but opposite. Can beat Fremont though.

I saw the Fulcher kid a couple times last year in the tournament for Pick Central and he was really good. He emerged With what others have said in terms of top-end talent being down to D2 scholarship level in this league this year, he should be the best player that anyone has. I'd have to think Lima is top-3 based off of having him and assumedly some other athletes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cardboard, my money is on SF. I believe them and Whitmer split last season, winning on each others home court ironically.

I think SF will be improved while Whitmer will be much of the same. Losing Keller hurts as he offers some glue and brains around the arc. My comment on Wells and football is that it always seems to help kids who play both from a toughness standpoint. SF should be awfully good.

When breaking down Whitmer and SF head to head I'd give the advantage to SF in just about every category (PG, post). Perhaps Whitmer shoots better beyond the arc (Colbert - er Keller)? Maybe?

Word is that SJ has several studs in next year's incoming freshman class. This year will be their worst team since the 80s, though.

I saw the Fulcher kid a couple times last year in the tournament for Pick Central and he was really good. He emerged With what others have said in terms of top-end talent being down to D2 scholarship level in this league this year, he should be the best player that anyone has. I'd have to think Lima is top-3 based off of having him and assumedly some other athletes.

Had some text cut off...after the Francis kid (UNC commit) went down early, PC struggled some last year before getting red hot at the end of the year and making it to the Schott. I thought this kid was probably their second best player.

Kind of a weird off season. A couple of Springfield (Dayton area) kids transferred to PC, and very shortly after these two left PC to go to Lima Senior. Maybe the long distance transfer is becoming a thing.