Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

Rich Turner is who you are thinking of.
Thanks for the info. That guy turned around a program that was and is again the worst program in Cleveland. He did an amazing job. That is the type of coach I would like to see take over the program. I was encouraged when Hurdley started teaching at Fitch, but he then left for Canfield and that was that. There is a guy in Cleveland who just retired from Lorain, Dave McFarland. If he would be the old-timer who comes to coach, Fitch should hire him immediately. I know he won't apply, but he turned around programs like Oberlin and Lorain. If he can win at those schools, he could definitely win at Fitch.

Guerrero would be crazy to leave. Gotta think people realize that Brungard coming there was really what took that program to the next level.
Sean Guerrero is a great coach and Mark Brungard is a great coach, they are lucky to have them both. They may be even more lucky to have Brungards sons. There are a lot of really good coaches out there, really good players are what make the team great.

Sean Guerrero is a great coach and Mark Brungard is a great coach, they are lucky to have them both. They may be even more lucky to have Brungards sons. There are a lot of really good coaches out there, really good players are what make the team great.
Those kids arnt born if it weren’t for pops lol

I'm guessing most schools will move on getting their guys after the holiday and before Christmas break. Need to get them in the weightroom come January if they haven't started already.

Elliot did not do a terrible job, but he will not have the success Hartman had or even Annarella. He basically beat the teams that Fitch should have beaten, but he lost to three teams I think we should have beaten: Harding, Hartley, and McDowell. Even if he didn't beat all of those teams, a good coach would have put the team in the position to at least win one of those games. I actually think we should have beaten Harding. Fitch's main problem under Annarella was the offense. It stunk. Elliot was the OC, so he was in charge of the one thing that was keeping us from beating some teams. Good coaches always beat the teams they should and will beat some teams that they shouldn't. Elliot did not do that and for that matter, neither did Annarella, and it was the offense that always did Fitch in. I think he would be okay, but he will not return Fitch to prominence. The next few years Fitch is loaded and can make some real noise. We need a coach who can get it done.

Fitch is a very good job due to the feeder schools and open enrollment. They should always be able to field a talented team. Wishing them the best on finding your next coach.

New member and just wanted to add my thoughts to the coaching search.No dog in the fight but I would let current staff and head coach get a year to show they can do a better job than this past year which was skewed due to the Coach A tragedy. I think that would be fair to the current staff and. If the current staff improves, great and keep them. If not, replace the staff and go all in to get best candidate. Create a administrative position like facilities manager which other power football schools do in Ohio so the district can hire the best candidate in the state and stop playing games with the union and trying to squeeze a head coach into a teaching position and deal with that junk. A football program sets the culture of the school and should be treated with importance and not an afterthought like he is a new art teacher. The odds of the program getting a retired coach that was as good as Coach A is highly unlikely. Another thing I noticed on this post, is that the current staff and others who are applying do nothing but trash other candidates names and say stuff that may even be considered slanderous. Its obvious some of the them are posting here trying to get their guy in or keep their job. Try promoting your guy whether it is the current staff or outside candidates by telling us why they should keep the job or get it and leave the political crap to our politicians. The program deserves better. Coach A was a great coach and person and I just want the program to continue to be at a high level and not relegated to second class status.

Dana Balash tweets there are 16 applicants for Fitch - names 15 in the tweets: Nick Mancuso, Joe McMahon, Tony Smith, Alex Fertolia, Mike Kopachy, Steve Reynolds, Anthony Wise, Chris Kosiorek, Jon Elliott, TJ Parker, Scott Anderson, Matt Richardson, John Protopapa, Andy Hake, Jim Vivo

Dana Balash tweets there are 16 applicants for Fitch - names 15 in the tweets: Nick Mancuso, Joe McMahon, Tony Smith, Alex Fertolia, Mike Kopachy, Steve Reynolds, Anthony Wise, Chris Kosiorek, Jon Elliott, TJ Parker, Scott Anderson, Matt Richardson, John Protopapa, Andy Hake, Jim Vivo

Some interesting names on there. I assume Urban Meyer is the 16th applicant...

I wonder why he didn't have the 16th name? Somewhat disappointed with this list,which could easily be trimmed in half in one minute. Many of them won't even get an interview. Anyone familar with Smith,Fertolia,Reynolds, Wise, Kosiorek,or Anderson?

I wonder why he didn't have the 16th name? Somewhat disappointed with this list,which could easily be trimmed in half in one minute. Many of them won't even get an interview. Anyone familar with Smith,Fertolia,Reynolds, Wise, Kosiorek,or Anderson?
I'm guessing he just missed one in typing out the list. From the WKBN article, Fitch released the list. Dana typed them in to two tweets.

This is actually a very strong list of candidates for the job. With the closing of the Chevy factory, Austintown will be the hardest hit community in the Youngstown area. Whoever gets this job Is not walking into an easy ride. This job will require someone who will want to roll up their sleeves and get dirty! Hake, Vivo, Kopachy and Elliot have to be the front runners for this job. Veteran, experienced and proven winners. I bet they will move fast and possibly have one of these guys targeted. Elliot is in the system (I believe?) and the rest are local teachers? Should be exciting times ahead for the Falcons! R.I.O.!!!

Pulling for Parker to get the job, know him personally he has a very good mind and can really work with QB’s, another thing tho I wonder how WR will react to hake going for the job, maybe he did it for
Leverage

Kosiorek (Gilmour Academy) is a Mooney grad. Been an assistant and HC for 20 years or so, has had some successes.

Parker graduated from Fitch right around 2000 (give or take).

I know Fitch is above and beyond better then any of the other jobs listed in this thread. Does anyone know the candidates for the other jobs?

Pulling for Parker to get the job, know him personally he has a very good mind and can really work with QB’s, another thing tho I wonder how WR will react to hake going for the job, maybe he did it for
Leverage
Is Parker the current QB coach? Fitch has had a tremendous run of QBs during the Anarrella tenure. I would definitely consider him especially with the development of players like Davis, Footkos, Harris and the young QB this year! A loyal Fitch guy who has produced would be attractive for the program! Funny thing about most successful programs is that the HC gets the publicity, but it's the loyal assistants who stick with the program and put aside selfish desires and remain true to their school. I believe Fitch is that type of program going back to the Wakefield days.
Leverage

Is Parker the current QB coach? Fitch has had a tremendous run of QBs during the Anarrella tenure. I would definitely consider him especially with the development of players like Davis, Footkos, Harris and the young QB this year! A loyal Fitch guy who has produced would be attractive for the program! Funny thing about most successful programs is that the HC gets the publicity, but it's the loyal assistants who stick with the program and put aside selfish desires and remain true to their school. I believe Fitch is that type of program going back to the Wakefield days.

I think he was a few years ago, assistant at Westminster now I believe

Two comments/questions on Hake.

Word on the street is that someone from Fitch contacted Andy and asked him to apply

What possibly could Andy be using this as leverage for at WR? He has everything he wants there.