The Walking Dead is Back!

I kind of lost interest for a year or two but when I saw they were wrapping this thing up I started recording and watching during the week. There are still things I don’t get about the whole Commonwealth dynamic but I’m interested in how they will end this thing. Any thoughts/ guesses?

I kind of lost interest for a year or two but when I saw they were wrapping this thing up I started recording and watching during the week. There are still things I don’t get about the whole Commonwealth dynamic but I’m interested in how they will end this thing. Any thoughts/ guesses?

I'm honestly not completely sure other than due to the spinoffs we know of a handful of people who survive. Knowing where they end up, I'm at a bit of a loss to how they get there.

I don't think the Commonwealth will fall, but I do think that a third party will probably come in at the last minute to save the day. Maybe the US Government/Military? Maybe not to save the day, but to split up our group which leads to the spinoffs.

I saw someone somewhere else suggest that the evolving walkers should have been the final enemy of the show. I disagree. The biggest threat to humans in the series has always been other humans, and I think its good that it ends that way. I never viewed the show "The Walking Dead" as a show about zombies. IMO the "walking dead" refers to the survivors who are left to try and navigate what looks to be a hopeless world.

Well, I think for the most part they ended the show the only way they really could have, especially given the spin-offs coming.

It won’t go down as one of the best finales ever, but absent of the zombies being eradicated, I’m not sure how you end it any way else. I think they did a good job overall.

The epilogue, if you could call it that, was a nice tribute all the characters along the way while also setting up what’s to come in the spin-offs.

Last edited:
Have not watched in years and came back for the last two episodes. I was hoping for some awesome closure but turns out it was time I will never get back.

Why would the writers ever make the such awful secondary characters such as the preacher and Eugene focal points? They squandered Negan. Although it appears there is a spinoff so this really is not over-over. I kept hoping they would cut Negan loose to use his cunning powers for good. They did not. Then there is the evolution of walkers? They climb now? Rosita, carrying a child falls 8 to 10 feet on her back into a pack of walkers and pulls a Matrix move to get away only to find out later she was actually bit? I assume? I also assume the child was her and the preacher's? So when she goes to lay down for her death (lol), which is WAY different than any other death by bite before, the last person to spend time with her is Eugene and not her husband? The bad governor lady attempting suicide by walker only to have Maggie intervene with a 200 yard kill shot. And finally the fire extinguisher toss and Daryl/Annie Oakley shot was something else. Judith gets shot, Daryl screams, shooting stops. As the bad lady and her group watch from a superior position someone from Daryl's group starts picking them off, from below (lol). Daryl rides off in the end on a motorbike. How long are we into this? Timelines wise? Gas goes bad. And lastly, the evolution of the show to uber wokeness was annoying. Every group was happily represented and it was over the top forced.

I consider the show ending with Savior downfall. Best seasons were 1-3 bar none.

Good riddance.

Have not watched in years and came back for the last two episodes. I was hoping for some awesome closure but turns out it was time I will never get back.

Why would the writers ever make the such awful secondary characters such as the preacher and Eugene focal points? They squandered Negan. Although it appears there is a spinoff so this really is not over-over. I kept hoping they would cut Negan loose to use his cunning powers for good. They did not. Then there is the evolution of walkers? They climb now? Rosita, carrying a child falls 8 to 10 feet on her back into a pack of walkers and pulls a Matrix move to get away only to find out later she was actually bit? I assume? I also assume the child was her and the preacher's? So when she goes to lay down for her death (lol), which is WAY different than any other death by bite before, the last person to spend time with her is Eugene and not her husband? The bad governor lady attempting suicide by walker only to have Maggie intervene with a 200 yard kill shot. And finally the fire extinguisher toss and Daryl/Annie Oakley shot was something else. Judith gets shot, Daryl screams, shooting stops. As the bad lady and her group watch from a superior position someone from Daryl's group starts picking them off, from below (lol). Daryl rides off in the end on a motorbike. How long are we into this? Timelines wise? Gas goes bad. And lastly, the evolution of the show to uber wokeness was annoying. Every group was happily represented and it was over the top forced.

I consider the show ending with Savior downfall. Best seasons were 1-3 bar none.

Good riddance.
Knowing a few years in advance of the finale there would be spin-offs for certain characters really took the suspense away.

No, it just went on too long. IMO, no scripted drama, should last more than 5 seasons. You can plan out everything, build the backstory/lore, and keep the suspense.
There are plenty of incredible shows that kept it going more than 5 seasons

This show just spent too much time on character development. Glen dying was the final straw for a ton of people

There are plenty of incredible shows that kept it going more than 5 seasons

This show just spent too much time on character development. Glen dying was the final straw for a ton of people
Some shows could do it, but if I was running a show, I would plan out everything over 5 seasons. You can establish continuity and lore without a drop in quality.

I’m not caught up on Fear, but they had planned for Fear to catch up by the time TWD ended.

I won’t be shocked to see Fear intersect at some point.

But then TWD made a huge time jump. One timeline I saw awhile back had them like 10 years a part.

What is the time line from the last season of TWD to the latest season of Fear.... ?

Nearly 10.5 years apart according to the following links

TWD. https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/TV_Series_Timeline

Fear

Finally watched the last season. It was worth the watch but still amazed how so many people who lack basic common sense were the ones that survived for a decade.

Personally, I was hoping Rosita would survive and be the "first" to be immune. Thought they were possibly going down that path but then they didn't.

Overall, this show had one of the greatest moments in television history when Negan clubbed one of the gang, which turned out to be Glenn. It was amazing how many people watched it and were talking about it. Not too many shows do that anymore. Kind of cool to have a "Who shot JR?" moment on television in the last decade.

Fear of the Walking Dead jumped 8 years for the last season. So far not really liking the direction they went. The girl is more annoying than Carl......