The Unbeatens!

Somebody help me understand Penn State. I don't pay that much attention to PSU specifically; I just hear day to day and week to week "how good they are". I saw their rating before the loss to Ohio State. I heard the pre-game announcer just slobbering over the PSU QB (Aller?): "He was a 3-star when recruiting began, a 4-star when he committed to Penn State, and a 5-star by the time the smoke cleared..." (almost exactly what was said). His numbers are pedestrian at best. It reminds me of all that weird man-love for Christian Hackenberg who was anointed an NFL hall of famer before he even left PSU and his sub-60% completion percentage behind. PSU offense in general looks barely average. So where does all this hype come from? That is why I really don't want to hear anything about which teams deserve a playoff slot until after week 7 or 8. Same complaint about all the hot hype for USC. Let's just wait a while and look at a larger resume before these teams are given a golden throne in the top-10 rankings.
Why are player ratings important to you? WE just had a two star walk on, win back to back nattys, for a team who tried everything they knew, to get him to play elsewhere.

Why are player ratings important to you? WE just had a two star walk on, win back to back nattys, for a team who tried everything they knew, to get him to play elsewhere.
Yep Georgia is filled with 2 stars on their team. lol. You actually think those ratings don’t matter? There is a reason that the teams winning national titles have the highest rated rosters.

The ratings are not particularly important to me. The ratings seem to be an important part of the recruiting process and they come with all kinds of expectations. My question was in regard to the media's infatuation with highly ranked high school recruits who do not seem to be all that special once they hit college.