The official EBC Football Thread

Are they worthwhile players though? Seniors, in theory, are great, but that doesn't mean they're going to be quality player magically simply because they're older. This is largely the same core that went 2-8 last year, I cant imagine that all of a sudden they're going to go 5 wide and succeed. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's in the cards.
Those boys where there last year,and yet the staff thought they could run a power run offense, then literally lost all 3 starting Rb in the first game and tried to operate the same game plan with a 4 stringer who wasn’t ready . There O line was very lacking when it came to pass blocking. Hillyer was running for his life on most all pass plays . That kid got rocked more times that you could count.

And it's not just L'ville they helped dump, they also kept NW out years ago. Not that they were alone in that (if memory serves on Louisville voted to keep them in/ bring them back). Just notice the WB vote the most because they're the team most likely to get burnt if the league dissolves

Be bad for the conference if Howland and Canfield joined, Canfield would walk away with that conference easily every year and would get booted like Louisville did

this league won’t be around long . To many soft teams in EBC . Stupidity was in full effect when they got rid of Louisville. Instead of building better programs and bettering facilities, tuck tail and kick em out. Alliance and Marlington where forced into the decision. Then there was WB

this league won’t be around long . To many soft teams in EBC . Stupidity was in full effect when they got rid of Louisville. Instead of building better programs and bettering facilities, tuck tail and kick em out. Alliance and Marlington where forced into the decision. Then there was WB
If the league folds, where will each of the member schools go? I don't see any of them leaving without having a place to land. Where do Carrollton and Minerva go? Where do WB and Salem go? Where do Alliance and Marlington go? We know South would love to to go the PAC, but they were rejected last time they applied.

They all saw the hell Northwest went through as an independent, and they certainly don't want to suffer the same fate that they sentenced Louisville to.

That’s straight out of Canfield AD’s mouth
I know Canfield is not a good fit for the EBC, but Howland would fit in well with WB, Alliance, Salem, etc. and I know the EBC is not a long term fix but for maybe 5 years it would be a good marriage for a league in need of a little muscle and Howland who needs a home until Jefferson is out of the NE8.

If the league folds, where will each of the member schools go? I don't see any of them leaving without having a place to land. Where do Carrollton and Minerva go? Where do WB and Salem go? Where do Alliance and Marlington go? We know South would love to to go the PAC, but they were rejected last time they applied.

They all saw the hell Northwest went through as an independent, and they certainly don't want to suffer the same fate that they sentenced Louisville to.
What about 2 new leagues:
1. Louisville, Alliance, Canfield, Hubbard, Struthers, Poland, Marlington,
2. WB, Salem, SR, Girard, Lakeview, Jefferson, Howland, Niles

travel would be too far for the second grouping, I like the first group a lot tho it wouldn’t let happen tho sadly, Canfield has burned way too many bridges bashing teams for not letting them in the NE8

My ideal league for some reams
Mentioned would be

Mooney
Ursuline
Struthers
Poland
Canfield
Howland
Hubbard

travel would be too far for the second grouping, I like the first group a lot tho it wouldn’t let happen tho sadly, Canfield has burned way too many bridges bashing teams for not letting them in the NE8

Mentioned would be

Mooney
Ursuline
Struthers
Poland
Canfield
Howland
Hubbard
This literally has No EBC teams ?‍♂️

Why would niles the biggest school be in the second group? You got d 5 struthers and poland (soon) in the first. Add Niles and West Branch to the top. Move Struthers and Poland down. If we’re going by size.

I think if the EBC did break up, it might work for some of the teams to form leagues with Portage County schools. The PTC Metro travel is brutal for the Portage schools. That league won't last long.

For instance, I think this arrangement could work well for Alliance and Marlington

Allaince, Marlington, Louisville, Kent, Ravenna, Howland, Canfield.

And for West Branch

West Branch, Field, Mantua Crestwood, Streetsboro, Ravenna Southeast, Springfield.

Why would niles the biggest school be in the second group? You got d 5 struthers and poland (soon) in the first. Add Niles and West Branch to the top. Move Struthers and Poland down. If we’re going by size.
Tried to use 1. geography as part of the set up 2. Keep rivals 3. Make the league competitive with D3 & D4 schools mixed together for more playoff teams. With Struthers and Poland in that conference a 6-4 record would probably have them in the playoffs

I think if the EBC did break up, it might work for some of the teams to form leagues with Portage County schools. The PTC Metro travel is brutal for the Portage schools. That league won't last long.

For instance, I think this arrangement could work well for Alliance and Marlington

Allaince, Marlington, Louisville, Kent, Ravenna, Howland, Canfield.

And for West Branch

West Branch, Field, Mantua Crestwood, Streetsboro, Ravenna Southeast, Springfield.
Would the NE8 take Salem over Howland if Jefferson leaves?

Mentioned would be

Mooney
Ursuline
Struthers
Poland
Canfield
Howland
Hubbard
That would be a very good league, good for the valley.

Well it’s not hard to on paper make a better league, NBC should have bounced a weak link not Louisville and then added a better school. And let WB go when they next start crying the blues. Get stronger and complete