The "Official" Colerain vs. St. Xavier ~Cockpit Edition

Colerain Cardinals vs. St. Xavier Bombers Who Wins!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tofer23

2018 GMC & GCL Champs!
Week Three of the season coming up and once again it is a Clash of the Titans! The Mighty Colerain Cardinals will fly in to the Cockpit of the St. Xavier Bombers!

This has been the premier rivalry in Southwest Ohio for the last couple of years, and I wouldn't be dropping truthiness unless I admitted that St. Specht has had Colerain's number, winning 5 of the last 7 games between the two teams.

It has been quite a while since Colerain played a game at St. X, perhaps the Cards can get some payback for X breaking the more than decade old win streak in the Cage last season.

So Here We Go!

Tofer23's Pick:

Colerain 23

St. Xavier 21

Post your pick of the score and win the "No Prize"!

St. X 14
Colerain 7

This is going to be battle of the D's.

I just hope they wait until the Colerain fans are out of the stands before they turn off the lights for the night, unlike the last time Colerain played (and won) at X. That wasn't a great way to treat the visitor's.

Against GCL teams, Bolden hasn't fared too well. But after watching X get shredded last week by Marshall and the Middie option, I'm leaning towards the Cards in this one. I think the X D will step up and keep the yards to a minimum, but Colerain gets to 24. X's offense will struggle as Colerain shadows Milligan all over the field. As long as Bolden doesn't lose this one for them, Cards 24-13 over the Bombers.

As good as the Cards have looked in their first two games I just have this bad feeling about this game. Just as others have mentioned Specht and the Bombers have had their number for the past few years.

I learned a long time ago to not base the results in one game to predict the outcome of another. As well as Middletown's offense played against the Bomber D, I have seen them contain and in many cases, shut down the triple option in a way no other team has. Their linebackers stay in their lanes and clog the holes very well. They also have enough depth to run in fresh bodies so often it's hard to wear them down by grinding the ball on the ground.

Usually when Colerain has defeated X in the past they got a quick lead early in the game and took them out of their plan a little bit. They won't be able to sling the ball all over the field like they did against Ryle last night but a balanced attack might just be the ticket to breaking this skid that goes back to 08.

All this being said, I don't see either team lighting up the scoreboard nor a large margin of victory.

X 17 Colerain 14. (I hope that the Cards prove me wrong!)

St 'X' wins for three reasons;

1. They're at home.
2. They have God.
3. Spect is to Bolden what Michigan was to Cooper.

I won't put a score down but will make a small prediction for what little its worth.

If Bolden plays conservative and not to lose, this game will be decided by 7 points or less.

If Bolden plays to win and mixes it up to keep X from crowding the box, I think Colerain can win by 7 or more.

I'm not talking about mixing it up with 60 yard bombs, but a few short passes to keep the X defense honest.

Gonna be an intersting game as these match ups always are.

Here's to a good clean game with all players staying healthy.

I won't put a score down but will make a small prediction for what little its worth.

If Bolden plays conservative and not to lose, this game will be decided by 7 points or less.

If Bolden plays to win and mixes it up to keep X from crowding the box, I think Colerain can win by 7 or more.

I'm not talking about mixing it up with 60 yard bombs, but a few short passes to keep the X defense honest.

Gonna be an intersting game as these match ups always are.

Here's to a good clean game with all players staying healthy.

Because mixing it up worked so well for Middletown. A few less passes and a few more runs and Middletown wins that game going away.

Because mixing it up worked so well for Middletown. A few less passes and a few more runs and Middletown wins that game going away.

Middletown's offense is not what lost the game for them. If they didn't show the pass the run wouldn't have worked either. Colerain and St X are both very effective at shutting down the run if there is no pass threat to go with it.

Middletown's offense is not what lost the game for them. If they didn't show the pass the run wouldn't have worked either. Colerain and St X are both very effective at shutting down the run if there is no pass threat to go with it.

The run was working because the Middie Center and Guards were kicking the of the X's NT and MLB.

The Option works by attacking the outside when the inside is taken away. If I can run the dive on you. Game over.

My prediction. Colerain continues to play without discipline (way too many penalties last night) and continue to make mistakes. X will win. Colerain CANNOT play the way they did the first two games against X.

The run was working because the Middie Center and Guards were kicking the of the X's NT and MLB.

The Option works by attacking the outside when the inside is taken away. If I can run the dive on you. Game over.

My prediction. Colerain continues to play without discipline (way too many penalties last night) and continue to make mistakes. X will win. Colerain CANNOT play the way they did the first two games against X.

Colerain did not make those mistakes in the first game. Did X make any mistakes against Middletown?

Colerain did not make those mistakes in the first game. Did X make any mistakes against Middletown?

Only mistakes that definitely need cleaned up were stupid penalties which i am sure Bolden will discuss in his kindess voice. I believe Colerain showed alot of the pass to let X know we are a threat to pass, we will use it and we are effective using it, so if you decide to stack the box than you are asking for trouble. Colerain has the more efficient option and a much better defense. I see Colerain by 10

With all due respect Mr. Wahoo.........I would feel more comfortable going into the X game with minor discipline issues than if my team let Middletown hang 39 points on them.

Middletown is a good team and does deserve respect. However, to let them hang 39 leaves alot to be desired from the defense.

I'm sure this will be nothing less than a titanic struggle by two respectable programs.

St. X 14
Colerain 7

This is going to be battle of the D's.

I just hope they wait until the Colerain fans are out of the stands before they turn off the lights for the night, unlike the last time Colerain played (and won) at X. That wasn't a great way to treat the visitor's.

WOW....affraid someone was going to steal your purse?

St. X fans are not thinking about this game. A bit early boys considering we have to go up and play one of the best teams in Indy tonight. No Ryle's on our schedule.

We'll be with you tomorrow and explain how we'll beat the Cards; in another close game a week from today at home.

With all due respect Mr. Wahoo.........I would feel more comfortable going into the X game with minor discipline issues than if my team let Middletown hang 39 points on them.

Middletown is a good team and does deserve respect. However, to let them hang 39 leaves alot to be desired from the defense.

I'm sure this will be nothing less than a titanic struggle by two respectable programs.

Your defense will get their shot at Mr. Marshall. He was a tough order for a young and inexperienced D right out of the chute. We got out alive with a W. Will you?

St. X fans are not thinking about this game. A bit early boys considering we have to go up and play one of the best teams in Indy tonight. No Ryle's on our schedule.

We'll be with you tomorrow and explain how we'll beat the Cards; in another close game a week from today at home.

Your powerful opponent has already lost one game. Indy must be down this year.

Congrats, you were the first to bite. :)

Honestly, I'm sure it will be another good, close game.

I didn't think you were being serious, but considering that a lot of people will try to use that argument in a serious manner, I wanted to throw my opinion out there on the first page ;)

WOW....affraid someone was going to steal your purse?

You never know about all the thugs in Finneytown. However, common courtesy tells even the tight fisted Scrooge in charge of the lighting bill that the people in the stands are the ones that are paying the electric bill for the night and have an expectation to have the lights left on so they can exit the stands safely.