The "Official" Colerain vs. Ryle Poll ~Bluegrass Edition!

Who Will Win and what will the margin of victory be?

• Colerain Wins by 8-14 Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryle Wins By a Close Margin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a bizarre end to the half! Ryle tries to run out the clock and Colerain uses three time outs to try to get the ball back and unleash their new spread passing game and tack on a 4th TD before half. However, Ryle converts three first downs and ends up inside the Colerain 35 yard line with about 1:20 left in the half and a TO.

So what does the Ryle coach do? He runs three consecutive dive plays to move the ball to the Colerain 32 yard line, calls TO with two seconds left to set up a 49 yard FG trailing 21 – 0 at home????? Of course Colerain blocks the kick.

IMHO, Ryle should be looking for a new coach.

I know it was going to be a tall order coming in, but is Ryle even trying to win this game? They seem to be playing to just not get blown out.

The Ryle coach should be ashamed of himself.

Colerain looks very solid. Only turd in the punch bowl for them is the penalty situation. To many dumb flags or this game would be 35 - 0.

Ryle has a 15:29 vs 8:31 TOP advantage over Colerain! It’s clear that Ryle’s strategy of running out the clock is working perfectly!

59 yard Cardinal punt return called back because of a face mask on Colerain? The replay shows he did it!

Odd game that’s for sure. Colerain is treating it as a scrimmage in which they can work on their passing game while Ryle is desperately trying to run out the clock with the score not looking to bad in tomorrow’s paper!

Colerain TD. Wait, holding on Colerain. Judas Priest, what the heck was that, some kind of KY rule or something???? BAD CALL in Ohio!

TD Colerain on a big pass. No flags.

28 - 0 Cards in the 3rd.

Lame call on the personal foul, but wow what a play!

...and the do over looks even better!!!

Look out, the Cardinals are flying!!!

Evidently the Ryle coach thinks it’s his QB’s fault as he yells at the kid as he’s coming off the field and benches him. So exactly what did the kid do wrong – not hand off the ball correctly because that’s all this coach calls is dive plays.

So now the Ryle coach is punishing his starting QB by having him run up the middle twice in a roll and the Cards are teeing off.

He did it again. This coach is a scuzz bag!

Don't worry X fans, you will get to see plenty of the triple option next week, and perhaps a pass or three!

most likely trying to not get his qb killed still a long season he would have no time to throw

But he had him run the QB draw up the middle three straight times! He took a couple of good licks on those runs. If this is trying to protect him......?

According to Pick, the Ryle coach is telling his kids “look, we’re not getting blown out here…..”. Is it me, or have we entered the Twilight Zone.

But he had him run the QB draw up the middle three straight times! He took a couple of good licks on those runs. If this is trying to protect him......?

better than teeing him up...or they worked out a deal to be treated like a scout team getting ready for X and the middies:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, for the third time tonight Colerain has a TD called back due to a penalty.

Looks like he deserved it from the replay.

What's Colerain getting called for on these personal fouls? Blocking too well? Come on, ref, this is football!

So now we know why the Cards are passing the ball all over the place! Bolden made a bet with Pick for a pizza if he threw more then 5 passes and all night we thought Colerain was trying to give X some interesting film looks.

Colerain scores again, this time with the back-up QB.

35 - 0.

What's Colerain getting called for on these personal fouls? Blocking too well? Come on, ref, this is football!

The last one was deserved it was a good 25 yards behind the play with the Colerain runner at the 5 yard line. Not a bad move to protect kids.

The last one was deserved it was a good 25 yards behind the play with the Colerain runner at the 5 yard line. Not a bad move to protect kids.

I disagree. There was nothing dirty about it. The guy saw him coming. He just gave him a good pop in the chest while the PLAY WAS STILL GOING. Isn't that called blocking?

I disagree. There was nothing dirty about it. The guy saw him coming. He just gave him a good pop in the chest while the PLAY WAS STILL GOING. Isn't that called blocking?

Agree it wasn't dirty and in Ohio its not a penalty. I'm thinking Ky has a rule where the blind side, peel back style blocks that are a long way from the play are called PF's. Just guessing, but it must be something like that.

Why is the Ryle coach running his starting QB up the middle in a 35 - 0 game with less then 30 seconds left?

Final 35-0
Outscored Ryle 72-0 in the two game series. Probably wont sign another series with Colerain anytime soon. A search for a new Harbin cow begins now. Maybe Moeller will step up!

I've seen that called in Ohio as well. 25 yards away from the ball on a sure TD, that is and should be called a PF. There really is no reason for it, stupid play, penalty deserved.

It's one thing to play to the whistle, but to take a kill shot on someone 25 yards away with your back walking into the endzone is punk-like and dirty. No need for that in the game. Colerain is better than that, hopefully Bolden gave that kid an earful.

It was really good to see the QB Ramsby and the RB Davis back from injuries.

Both kids looked good.

I've seen that called in Ohio as well. 25 yards away from the ball on a sure TD, that is and should be called a PF. There really is no reason for it, stupid play, penalty deserved.

It's one thing to play to the whistle, but to take a kill shot on someone 25 yards away with your back walking into the endzone is punk-like and dirty. No need for that in the game. Colerain is better than that, hopefully Bolden gave that kid an earful.

Don't know about Ohio, but it definitely is a PF in Ky. Doesn't matter if it's a clean hit or not.

I disagree. I think a clean block should be a clean block no matter where the runner is as long as the play has not blown dead. The defense is still trying to make a play and you should be able to take a defender out. I'm sure the Colerain defense is taught to pursue the play until the player crosses the goal line. Anything can happen on the way to the goal line. I've seen players drop the ball while switching hands. That player that was blocked will not be there to recover it.