The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

If they fire Thom I hope FSO can find someone more competent than Jim Day to do PxP. (Dan Hoard)

I don't think he should be fired though, 30 day suspension would be appropriate imo.

One of the capitals of the world.....

That is what he said and he should be done..... and you might as well take Votto with him.

and about Votto, once again he strands a runner in scoring position.

If they fire Thom I hope FSO can find someone more competent than Jim Day to do PxP. (Dan Hoard)

I don't think he should be fired though, 30 day suspension would be appropriate imo.

I’d say bring back George Grande, but I think he lives on the West Coast.

I’m torn bc I hate him as an announcer, but the Twitter alphabet club is also pretty despicable. I’m not listening to anyone with pronouns in their bio

I can care less what he said as I think words are just words and if one is offended by it then they give power to that word but I just cannot stand him as an announcer and I am glad he is gone..... one down, one to go.....

I can care less what he said as I think words are just words and if one is offended by it then they give power to that word but I just cannot stand him as an announcer and I am glad he is gone..... one down, one to go.....
He still has to act in a professional capacity.

He still has to act in a professional capacity.

I agree.... and his apology was BS as he immediately went to a pity party about how he will likely never broadcast again. He was sorry to save his job. If someone was truly sorry it would of never been brought up.

I agree.... and his apology was BS as he immediately went to a pity party about how he will likely never broadcast again. He was sorry to save his job. If someone was truly sorry it would of never been brought up.
Or at least wait until you’re off air. He looked like a hostage reading a prepared statement in an ISIS video.

That’s not who I am, it’s never been who I am (except when I think the mic is off, apparently). Such an insincere apology. Own up to it. Don’t say it’s not who you are, it clearly was.

The only thing he cared about what his job with that apology. There is nothing wrong with not accepting that type of life style but in today's sensitive world he should of kept quiet about it. I mean, do you care if Thom does not approve of our relationship EP? I don't give a squat what he thinks.....

I do not think Howard should of gotten fired decades ago for stating what he said at a restaurant....

That’s not who I am, it’s never been who I am (except when I think the mic is off, apparently). Such an insincere apology. Own up to it. Don’t say it’s not who you are, it clearly was.

Why? Might as well at least try to salvage your career.

The only thing he cared about what his job with that apology. There is nothing wrong with not accepting that type of life style but in today's sensitive world he should of kept quiet about it. I mean, do you care if Thom does not approve of our relationship EP? I don't give a squat what he thinks.....

I do not think Howard should of gotten fired decades ago for stating what he said at a restaurant....
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. To me it’s no difft than liking over a**. However, if the pro tit crowd made it their whole identity, it would get old really fast.

Because it’s disingenuous and basically makes it worse. Better to go home. Get with a pr guy and issue a statement tomorrow.
That’s true, I thought you meant he should just tell everyone he hates f*gs and that he thinks they’ll burn in hell.

That’s true, I thought you meant he should just tell everyone he hates f*gs and that he thinks they’ll burn in hell.
If that’s really what you thought I meant, then you’re an idiot. Lol.

At the very least he shouldn’t say it isn’t who he is, because it was who he was an hour ago. It just comes across as a denial, than an apology. If anything, maybe just a contrite apology admitting accountability and leaving it there.

I don’t really think he should be fired. I do think he should be suspended and should make amends in some way.

If that’s really what you thought I meant, then you’re an idiot. Lol.

At the very least he shouldn’t say it isn’t who he is, because it was who he was an hour ago. It just comes across as a denial, than an apology. If anything, maybe just a contrite apology admitting accountability and leaving it there.

I don’t really think he should be fired. I do think he should be suspended and should make amends in some way.

Saying that’s who he is, indicates he has no desire to change. That might be true, but if I were him, that’s the last thing I’d say.