The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Lol you have no conviction

I was boycotting the REDS because of Joey Votto..... he did not play.
MLB got rid of the ridiculous BLM logo.... that is a start.
I have no idea if players are still kneeling or not but I will not be watching anymore MLB games this season.

Yeah you will. ?

Nope.... I got enough Hockey going on to keep me going for awhile. Not watching any football this year with the exception of High School football be it this year or previous years..... I was a bit excited about this season with it being a sprint but Votto ruined it for me and all the other non-US citizens disgracing the American Anthem while they get paid millions to play a kids game.

If I hear that the players are no longer kneeling then I will watch again...... keep me updated EP but don't trick me.

Its a po

Its a projection retard.

I predict 33-27 gets them in fo sho, not sweating it the last few days.
Just like for the NFL I would aim for 11 wins to be safe.

I stand by my post, if only to keep getting under your skin.
Both the NBA and NHL let sixteen teams into the playoffs. The #7-8 seeds of each conference are usually well below .500. The MLB will be no different

Why does the REDS manager continue to pull starters for a weak bullpen?

Looking at the boxscore he had retired 10 straight.

More unearned runs.... man, the REDS must be leading the league in that department.

What..... Garrett was available and they did not use him with all of those lefties that were up in the 7th?

It is time to trade Votto for a manager.....

Why don't you just admit you're watching the game instead of coming on here to ask questions you already know the answer to? ?

I was watching the game, just not the REDS game..... it was Columbus/Toronto and then Calgary/Winnipeg..... just finished Rangers/Carolina and now Minnesota/Vancouver is on.... does not get better than this.....

I ask questions because EP is the man and has the answers....

Nobody answered my question about which 8 teams make the playoffs yet.....

I was watching the game, just not the REDS game..... it was Columbus/Toronto and then Calgary/Winnipeg..... just finished Rangers/Carolina and now Minnesota/Vancouver is on.... does not get better than this.....

I ask questions because EP is the man and has the answers....

Nobody answered my question about which 8 teams make the playoffs yet.....

What are your thoughts on the NHL players supporting the BLM movement?

Both the NBA and NHL let sixteen teams into the playoffs. The #7-8 seeds of each conference are usually well below .500. The MLB will be no different
Possibly you are correct. If there are a few (3-5) dominate teams that get 40 wins or more, then yes a sub .500 team will likely get in.

However, if there are no dominate teams and no one gets more than 35 wins, and there are a few (3-5) very poor teams who drop 40 or more games, you will have to get to the 31 -33 area most likely. When we get to game 30 we should be able to tell which scenerio is most probable. Right now I lean towards the latter scenerio which will require an above .500 percentage as i think a few teams will absolutely dissentigrate this season, and likely no one will dominate the entire time with all the covid positives that will keep rosters in flux.

Currently there are 5 national league teams with a win percentage of .666 or greater, which would be on target to win 40 games or more. There are 8 teams below .500 and 6 above .500. If the season ended as it stands today a sub .500 team would get in.

I just don't believe we will see that many dominate teams going forward. A couple of those 5 teams above .666 will come back to earth soon.

American league has the scenerio I think will eventually play out in the national league. Only 2 dominate teams. 8 teams with a .500 or better record.