The latest racial controversy: Will Smith isn't dark enough

But I thought you couldn't use makeup to make yourself darker? Blackface?

How silly is this? I think George Jefferson would be a good choice.

I assume you're joking. Who knows how Lincoln's voice sounded?
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...d-abraham-lincolns-voice-sound-like-13446201/

The author has pored over reports of Lincoln’s public appearances on speaking tours, eyewitness accounts told to Lincoln’s law partner William Herndon and newspaper commentaries about the Lincoln-Douglas debates, and, surprisingly, he says, one of the only things that can be said with certainty is that Lincoln was a tenor. “Lincoln’s voice, as far as period descriptions go, was a little shriller, a little higher,” says Holzer."

Lincoln’s accent was a blend of Indiana and Kentucky. “It was hard to know whether it was more Hoosier or blue grass,” says Holzer. The way he spelled words, such as “inaugural” as “inaugerel,” gives some clue as to how he pronounced them.

But yes, it was a satirical comment.

Last edited:
Didn’t Smollet just prove the actors skin color don’t really matter. He just hired two black guys for traditionally white guy roles.

Last edited:
Well, it's all a moot point now anyway, now that he's blue. :shrug:

9cc9ef59532080531ec8027ce8e66605_XL.jpg

Full disclosure: I have no idea who I think would be a good fit to play the Williams sister's father. I guess casting R. Lee Armey in makeup would be inappropriate, even though he might do very well.

But, geez oh man ........

I believe R. Lee Ermey has been cast in the role of the Archangel Michael and is unavailable right now.

I believe R. Lee Ermey has been cast in the role of the Archangel Michael and is unavailable right now.

:thumb:

I was trying to think of an older white actor crusty enough and severe-looking enough to play the role, and Gunny was the only person I could think of on short notice. I went with him anyway, in memorium.

Maybe Viggo Mortensen or Liam Neeson? And they've both got cheekbones that just won't quit.