The Last of Us

Looking forward to this as well. I just hope they ignore the sequel. No way Bella Ramsey could carry this show on her own.

Last edited:
Episode 1 was very good. Basically a shot for shot remake of the first few hours of the game

Interesting they're saving the clickers for later episode. They chose not to show Joel/Tess' journey to get supplies and their encounters with clickers

Making Joel 56 yrs old in the current timeline has me worried they really are going to go through with the plot to the sequel.

Just finished the first episode. Never heard of the game so I'm completely new to this story. Like what I see so far.

I thought episode one was fantastic. It was one of the better depictions of the collapse of civilization that I've seen. Right up there with the opening scenes from the Dawn of the Dead remake. Harrowing.

Pedro Pascal is such a likeable actor you're always rooting for his characters. Reminds me of Harrison Ford at the height of his career.

My only quibble is why did they go with an alternate time line? 2003, really? These types of stories always seem more impactful if the apocalypse is set in the near future.

I thought episode one was fantastic. It was one of the better depictions of the collapse of civilization that I've seen. Right up there with the opening scenes from the Dawn of the Dead remake. Harrowing.

Pedro Pascal is such a likeable actor you're always rooting for his characters. Reminds me of Harrison Ford at the height of his career.

My only quibble is why did they go with an alternate time line? 2003, really? These types of stories always seem more impactful if the apocalypse is set in the near future.
I thought that was odd bc the game is set in 2033.

I have yet to see the first episode (but I did play the game), but one review I saw noted that if it were set in 2013, social media would cause the Day One hysteria to boil over much faster.

Day one takes place in 2003
Right, and in the game, the first part with Joel's daughter takes place in 2013. But in the game, we only have that evening scene before the chaos starts. But in this episode, half of it is spent in 2003 so we have time to see the entire day one. There are little hints (the radio report of events in Jakarta, the emergency vehicles driving by while she's in the watch shop) that things are starting to go wrong. Sarah even asks her neighbors if "everything is alright, like on the news". If that takes place in 2013, a girl her age probably has a smart phone with Facebook and Twitter and would hear about the chaos before experiencing it herself.

Here's a fun exercise. Take any "old" movie - at what point does the plot stop dead in its tracks if you were to introduce smart phones and social media?

Anyway, we're in good hands. The production design and tone is a mirror image of the game. Even knowing what was going to happen, that was a thrilling episode 1. I can only imagine the intensity when we get to the David episodes.

Don't listen to pboy lol TLOU Pt 2 is a great game that made choices that made incels very mad, hence the review bombs it had when it was released

It continues the great story
Don’t listen to the woke loser. Pt 2 sucks.

It was extremely acclaimed and did big numbers commercially 🤷‍♂️ Only incel losers hated it
Also, it wasn’t only “incels” who didn’t like it. A lot of people thought it completely ruined the first game. The 2nd game is like an SJW Fantasy. I’d argue it’s worse than Velma because it ruins a great, unique IP. You can always reboot Scooby Do, you can’t do that for TLOU.

And if anyone doubts my claims, please make note this is a character in the sequel

Also, it wasn’t only “incels” who didn’t like it. A lot of people thought it completely ruined the first game. The 2nd game is like an SJW Fantasy. I’d argue it’s worse than Velma because it ruins a great, unique IP. You can always reboot Scooby Do, you can’t do that for TLOU.
And there we have it

Can’t wait until we meet the “hero” of the 2nd game
1CB0DDD3-36A2-4E00-94FC-48D6C487FD4F.jpeg

20 years after the end of civilization and apparently people are still eating regularly.

Where's the food coming from?

How does it get transported to the city?

Why aren't the fungi-creatures killing all the farmers isolated in rural areas?