The Lakota West Firebirds 2023-2024 Thread

Olympiums

The Firebirds RETURN as one of the top dogs in D1 Region 4. After graduating a lot of talent, we get to see a fresher roster full of more promising Division 1 prospects. Tom Bolden's Lakota West Firebirds have been the kings of the GMC (Greater Miami Conference) the past 3 seasons, and it's looking like it'll stay that way with this 2023-2024 roster. However, in terms of a potential state championship run, there's a lot of unanswered questions. This is what's going to make this Lakota West team SO EXCITING to watch. I believe LW will once again be defensively dominant and that'll be what carries the boatload. I'll have a more in-depth breakdown later...Let's hear your thoughts, questions, predictions, etc;

Uh watch out for East.Bigtime QB recruit, bigtime Head coach and bigtime facilities, dont sleep on East.
Well.. Though I agree with the Head Coach and QB situation. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Lakota East and Lakota West's facilities are identical. Additionally, I just don't think there's enough on the East side to compete with this West team yet. Maybe in a few years it'll become a rivalry again.

Well.. Though I agree with the Head Coach and QB situation. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Lakota East and Lakota West's facilities are identical. Additionally, I just don't think there's enough on the East side to compete with this West team yet. Maybe in a few years it'll become a rivalry again.
UH that attitude will get you beat. Big money and big practice facilities are coming to East. Biggest thing is head coach at East. Very experienced NFL QB who knows the game.

UH that attitude will get you beat. Big money and big practice facilities are coming to East. Biggest thing is head coach at East. Very experienced NFL QB who knows the game.
Well what I'm trying to explain to you is, Lakota evenly splits the football budget. So any "new facilities" coming to East, are also coming to West. Now though Jon Kitna is an experienced NFL QB, does that compare to Cincinnati legendary HC Tom Bolden? I guess we'll see this season in October. But top to bottom East is not ready to compete with Lakota West yet. You have a great QB but who's going to catch? Who's going to protect him? Defensively, who's going to get him the ball back?

Uh, I guess we will see. Uh dont know about the rest of the league, but I would guess Mason, Fairfield,and Princeton will be pretty good. Should be a very interesting season. I understand East got a large donation from an outside source for weight room upgrades.

I know this was brought up in the GMC thread but I didn’t know Jackson Smith was such a highly ranked QB. Will be interesting to see if he starts as a Freshman. Will also be interesting to see what they have from the skills guys, Remy is really talented but all the 2023 4 stars got a lot of snaps too.

I know this was brought up in the GMC thread but I didn’t know Jackson Smith was such a highly ranked QB. Will be interesting to see if he starts as a Freshman. Will also be interesting to see what they have from the skills guys, Remy is really talented but all the 2023 4 stars got a lot of snaps too.
I was watching at one of the Kentucky camps that he was throwing at, and let me tell you...Kid has a cannon. Couple of things about him though. He's standing at 6'3-6'4 which is an ordained gift specifically at the quarterback position, but he seems really frail. Watching the kind of hits Mitch Bolden took last season and how significant "Designed-QB-runs" were in the offense, I think the main question is, will he be able to sustain those types of hits? Kid seems pretty smart to me too which is obviously a plus. Gerry Beauchamp is an experienced coach and Lakota West's Offensive Coordinator and he really has transformed their offense, so I think he'll be able to do great things with Smith at QB. So on that end...The arm's ready, the mind's ready, don't know if his body is yet.

As for the offensive positions, Lakota West has 4 star TE Luka Gilbert who I assume will have an expanded role in the offense this season. Remy like you mentioned, will be really good again. Can't forget the speedster Wilson who was really good in space last season and stepped up when Lloyd was out. But looking at their Hudl roster I saw a new name. Trey Barnette who I understand is a transfer from Dixie HS in Kentucky. Kid is a 6'2 receiver who looks like he can ball. So I think there's a few weapons to compliment whoever takes the QB snaps.

The Firebirds RETURN as one of the top dogs in D1 Region 4. After graduating a lot of talent, we get to see a fresher roster full of more promising Division 1 prospects. Tom Bolden's Lakota West Firebirds have been the kings of the GMC (Greater Miami Conference) the past 3 seasons, and it's looking like it'll stay that way with this 2023-2024 roster. However, in terms of a potential state championship run, there's a lot of unanswered questions. This is what's going to make this Lakota West team SO EXCITING to watch. I believe LW will once again be defensively dominant and that'll be what carries the boatload. I'll have a more in-depth breakdown later...Let's hear your thoughts, questions, predictions, etc;
Won't make it out of Region 4 as usual. May not even win the GMC. Not enough depth. GBM 💪 🏈

Well what I'm trying to explain to you is, Lakota evenly splits the football budget. So any "new facilities" coming to East, are also coming to West. Now though Jon Kitna is an experienced NFL QB, does that compare to Cincinnati legendary HC Tom Bolden? I guess we'll see this season in October. But top to bottom East is not ready to compete with Lakota West yet. You have a great QB but who's going to catch? Who's going to protect him? Defensively, who's going to get him the ball back?
Legendary HC Tom Bolden? In my opinion, Bolden is the Jim Harbaugh of HS football. Great at building a culture, and will win some league titles, but can't win the last game of the year.

Uh, I guess we will see. Uh dont know about the rest of the league, but I would guess Mason, Fairfield,and Princeton will be pretty good. Should be a very interesting season. I understand East got a large donation from an outside source for weight room upgrades.
Tell me more about this qb recruit

I imagine Jackson Smith starts. I know he passed on Fenwick bc we wouldn't guarantee playing time as a freshman even though we had a pretty solid under the table NIL style deal out there for him.

Won't make it out of Region 4 as usual. May not even win the GMC. Not enough depth. GBM 💪 🏈
Well that's a take...Not enough depth at what positions though? On top of that, will "Big Moe" win the GCLS? Will they be in the Week 14 game?

I imagine Jackson Smith starts. I know he passed on Fenwick bc we wouldn't guarantee playing time as a freshman even though we had a pretty solid under the table NIL style deal out there for him.
Uh. NIL agreements at Fenwick are laughable. Badin and Alter are in a different stratosphere from Fenwick. Uh once you get to GCL champion come see us.

Uh. NIL agreements at Fenwick are laughable. Badin and Alter are in a different stratosphere from Fenwick. Uh once you get to GCL champion come see us.
Fenwick is a lot closer to Badin than Alter is these days. Kids aren't leaving Fairmont for Alter anymore. Kids are however leaving Lebanon, Moeller, Kings, Lakota, etc. to come to Fenwick.

He may or may not start and hasn’t been handed the job I can tell you that. It will have to be earned. Bolden didn’t start at the beginning of his freshman year and became the starter about 4 games into the season because of injuries at the QB position. I think eventually he starts but maybe not right at the beginning of the season.

I agree making it out of region 4 will be tough. I do think they win the GMC. In the last 3 years no one has been that close to them. With the exception of Fairfield last year they’ve handled everyone else in the conference without much of a challenge.

Exactly, WEST is the team to beat. EAST is more of a middle of the pack in the GMC. They may be better than Colerain, Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore in 2023. In a few years they may make the move to contenders if Kitna stays and he can attract talent.

Exactly, WEST is the team to beat. EAST is more of a middle of the pack in the GMC. They may be better than Colerain, Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore in 2023. In a few years they may make the move to contenders if Kitna stays and he can attract talent.
Will fight with Bolden over the talent in the district, will be interesting to see how it plays out

He will be starting. Kid did not move down to Cincinnati to not start. Besides, Bolden knows he has a QB for four years in the wings.

He may or may not start and hasn’t been handed the job I can tell you that. It will have to be earned. Bolden didn’t start at the beginning of his freshman year and became the starter about 4 games into the season because of injuries at the QB position. I think eventually he starts but maybe not right at the beginning of the season.
I just know he passed on us but we have a transfer from Lebanon so it might have been two years before he started. No idea what Lakota West promised.

I just know he passed on us but we have a transfer from Lebanon so it might have been two years before he started. No idea what Lakota West promised.
Lakota West doesn’t “promise” transfers anything. What’s the saying on here? You build it and they come? The kid is trained and mentored by Braxton Miller who I assume influenced his decision to transfer. He heard about the open QB battle in West Chester which happens to also be a great place to live, and he transferred in.

I watched The Report's interview segment on Lakota West and their seems to be a lot of confidence over in the WC. Bolden always knows how to please the media but even some of the players had really well thought-out and professional answers. A kid named Gabe Flores was the first one they interviewed, a senior DL at LW. His interview really proved Bolden's impact on Lakota West's program, it sounded like he was media-trained. Taebron Bennie-Powell and Luka Gilbert also had really great interviews. They displayed class, leadership, and amazing culture. I'm assuming Flores will be a captain for LW this year which is why they interviewed him, as Powell and Gilbert are the highly-recruited players.