The Lakeland kids...

PanthaBrotha4

An accurate account taken from a So. Florida recruiting guru...

"some observations.....

John Brown DT-JR---After watching two games Brown misses Kendrick Stewart. In the first game I wacthed against Norland he had one great play. The rest of the game his job was basically to occupy lineman and let his linebackers make plays. He did what he was supposed to. Last year with Stewart next to him he did not see so many double teams. Against Norland they would force him one way and run opposite of which side they pushed him to. He was basically taken out of the game.

Against Dr Krop Brown had a much better game. Krop had a harder time keeping him out of the backfield. He was more disruptive. I think he is a good athlete and will be a top rated DT but Donte Nichols and Brown are neck and neck for the top spot at DT.

Jamar Taylor- FB- I dont know Taylor size but the kid is tough as nails. He is a great back to have in the same backfield as Rainey. D1 kid that will make some team very happy.

Chris Rainey---My opinion changed of the kid after watching these two games. Against two dade teams, Rainey was the fastest player on either side of the football. His speed is off the charts. I dont think he is an everydown back but wow. Rainey to me is similar to guys like Rocket Ismail and Desmond Howard. If he comes to FSU will we use him right. Rainey is best in open space and on the edge. If we run him up the gut, Bowden for Prez and Nirv will be cussing at the TV. His speed is lightsout. If they say he runs in the 4.3 range I will believe it. Rainey is the type of player that you line him up at receiver, running back and on special teams. You need to get him in the open field and utilize his speed. He is by far one of the fastest players in High School. Not devin hester fast but close.

The Pouncey twins. After watching two full games I want to petition the NCAA to allow these kids to leave hs early. Can we pull a John David Booty with these two. Damn the way they move makes me smile.

Lakeland---You can tell the HC for Lakeland use to watch the old Redskins. They run the same plays the skins used to in the 80's. How is it a HS team realizes to run their big back between the tackles and Rainey to the outside. Like I said before their offense is better run then ours. "

I've heard a lot about Rainey as he is an All-Purpose kind of back. He does it all. PB4, in your opinion, will Rainey project as a better prospect than Devine?

Yes, Rainey brings less baggage...Also, Rainey plays in a tougher division i believe, and his team is the number one team in the nation...scary he is only a junior...his only downside is that he is small (160lbs) and i hope he doesnt turn out as another Booker...

FWIW Chris Rainey has publicly stated that he wants to be a Gator, and that Florida is the clear leader for him. Rainey looks very special, also i think that Devine is about the exact same size as Rainey.

PB4, where do u think Brown will go? any idea yet?

attention St. X, watch out next year for when you have to play Lakeland, the abovementioned Rainey, Brown, and the Pouncey twins will all be back, as seniors, i am predicting a Lakeland domination of St. X (and i am in no way a St. X basher, just find it hard to see them overcoming Lakeland's talent).