The Debacle at the Central Regional

In
Are you talking about Elyria? Freestyle never has a set start time, they only state it won't start before a certain time. Greco-Roman did start late, but there were more kids at Elyria for both styles than Lake and both ended about the same time.
I'm talking about greco ending and still having to sit there for 2 hours waiting on fs to start. Yes, after greco started late

Okay, but it sounds like the rumor is that this guy decided to do it manually. Seems even more stupid now.

My son just talked to some other wrestlers this evening at practice. Said that they got back to the hotel at 2am.
Many people got back to Ohio after 3am… and left the tournament before finishing. Unacceptable!

Person in charge was from Ohio, not Indiana
Does it really matter? What's really the point of pointing the finger at Indiana or Ohio, or Track, or the parings guy or whomever? Bottom line, this is supposed to be a premier USA Wrestling event. USA Wrestling and the state leaders from the Central Region shared the responsibility of running this event, and to put it mildly ......IT DID NOT GO WELL!!!

We teach that the sport of wrestling is all about preparation and controlling what you can control, accountability, facing adversity, and accepting and learning from your setbacks. USA Wrestling and Central Region state leaders, I challenge you to stand up and be accountable! Acknowledge the f-Up, and formulate and communicate a plan to turn it around next year. We should expect and demand better!

As far as Ohio, you could start by updating your web site.

Does it really matter? What's really the point of pointing the finger at Indiana or Ohio, or Track, or the parings guy or whomever? Bottom line, this is supposed to be a premier USA Wrestling event. USA Wrestling and the state leaders from the Central Region shared the responsibility of running this event, and to put it mildly ......IT DID NOT GO WELL!!!

We teach that the sport of wrestling is all about preparation and controlling what you can control, accountability, facing adversity, and accepting and learning from your setbacks. USA Wrestling and Central Region state leaders, I challenge you to stand up and be accountable! Acknowledge the f-Up, and formulate and communicate a plan to turn it around next year. We should expect and demand better!

As far as Ohio, you could start by updating your web site.

@keithcarter

In
I'm talking about greco ending and still having to sit there for 2 hours waiting on fs to start. Yes, after greco started late
I don't remember it being a 2 hour break, but it was a long day I do know that. My wife will tell you I don't remember all the details about things though haha

I believe there are still some freestyle matches being wrestled as we speak, hopefully finals start soon..................

Weigh-ins were awful. They had one check scale that took forever to find. They moved it behind the head table next podium, I had 2 kids check their weights, I went and grabbed a 3rd to check his weight it was gone within a couple of minutes and there was still 20 minutes before weigh-ins officially started.

From what I was told by one of the officials, that has done pairings in the past. Whoever was doing it had the wrong date on the upload. After two hours they had someone else come and take a look at what was going on and it took that guy a few minutes to figure it out.

The youth started an hour late and Jr started 2:30 late but hey let's take a 40-minute break!!!

There was nowhere to stand if you were a wrestler on deck or in the hole. Getting yelled at over the PA that you can not stand in the middle so kids were warming up outside the ropes only to be told by the ushers that you can't stand there. 1st time was a warning the 2nd time apparently you were getting kicked out. And then on Sunday, I was trying to watch a match only to have an usher standing right in front of me as I was seated.

Mats were being loaded super weird, there were multiple bouts that had the same bout number in the same division so it was hard to figure out when a kid was going to be up sometimes. The one tiny bout board with 100 kids around it didn't help much, and good luck looking on your phone.

I think towards the end of the day challenges were getting a bit crazy since everyone was getting tired. I loved how they had the tiny fIags to wave around hoping someone would see that they need a challenge on a mat. There was on mat that had 7 officials standing around cause they were all waiting for a challenge, and to talk about an issue. I think at another point around 11 pm I saw 5 mats down due to injury with one kid being taken off on a stretcher.

I talked with a guy that went to the Northern Plains Regional and he said there were 100 more kids there for freestyle with 4 more mats and it was super smooth.

I will say Greco run much smoother on Sunday except for the brackets being released right at 9:59 when wrestling started at 10.

Lastly, when did they start the early and late registration fees? cause I feel like in years past we would register the day or two before and it all cost the same. I feel like never saw that fee on the registration information until the beginning of last week.

Reactions: NWL
I believe there are still some freestyle matches being wrestled as we speak, hopefully finals start soon..................

Weigh-ins were awful. They had one check scale that took forever to find. They moved it behind the head table next podium, I had 2 kids check their weights, I went and grabbed a 3rd to check his weight it was gone within a couple of minutes and there was still 20 minutes before weigh-ins officially started.

From what I was told by one of the officials, that has done pairings in the past. Whoever was doing it had the wrong date on the upload. After two hours they had someone else come and take a look at what was going on and it took that guy a few minutes to figure it out.

The youth started an hour late and Jr started 2:30 late but hey let's take a 40-minute break!!!

There was nowhere to stand if you were a wrestler on deck or in the hole. Getting yelled at over the PA that you can not stand in the middle so kids were warming up outside the ropes only to be told by the ushers that you can't stand there. 1st time was a warning the 2nd time apparently you were getting kicked out. And then on Sunday, I was trying to watch a match only to have an usher standing right in front of me as I was seated.

Mats were being loaded super weird, there were multiple bouts that had the same bout number in the same division so it was hard to figure out when a kid was going to be up sometimes. The one tiny bout board with 100 kids around it didn't help much, and good luck looking on your phone.

I think towards the end of the day challenges were getting a bit crazy since everyone was getting tired. I loved how they had the tiny fIags to wave around hoping someone would see that they need a challenge on a mat. There was on mat that had 7 officials standing around cause they were all waiting for a challenge, and to talk about an issue. I think at another point around 11 pm I saw 5 mats down due to injury with one kid being taken off on a stretcher.

I talked with a guy that went to the Northern Plains Regional and he said there were 100 more kids there for freestyle with 4 more mats and it was super smooth.

I will say Greco run much smoother on Sunday except for the brackets being released right at 9:59 when wrestling started at 10.

Lastly, when did they start the early and late registration fees? cause I feel like in years past we would register the day or two before and it all cost the same. I feel like never saw that fee on the registration information until the beginning of last week.
The late fee was an issue for some of our wrestlers as well. I do not believe there was any indication that if you signed up after a certain date you will be charged a late fee. If this was communicated, it wasn't communicated very well.

A little off topic, but they should probably stop putting Nationals in places like Utah. It should be stuck centrally located in Iowa, and stay there.

The late fee was an issue for some of our wrestlers as well. I do not believe there was any indication that if you signed up after a certain date you will be charged a late fee. If this was communicated, it wasn't communicated very well.

It was on the registration page for Central Regionals.

A little off topic, but they should probably stop putting Nationals in places like Utah. It should be stuck centrally located in Iowa, and stay there.
I dunno, being in the new places can make awfully cool experiences. Trying to find the great salt lake last year ended up being a pain in the butt. I thought it would be a popular place to go. I floated around in it with my son hundreds of yards off the shore. We went Driving around back mountain roads. It was a really cool experience.

At least this part seems like it was communicated well.

Registration open January 1st, 2023.
Registration Deadlines & Entry Fees:
Early Pre-Registration closes Friday, May 12 at 5:00 PM MT - $50 per style
LATE REGISTRATION After Friday, May 12 at 5:00 PM MT - $75.00 per style

The late fee was posted on the event homepage and registration

It was on the registration page for Central Regionals.

At least this part seems like it was communicated well.

Registration open January 1st, 2023.
Registration Deadlines & Entry Fees:

Early Pre-Registration closes Friday, May 12 at 5:00 PM MT - $50 per style
LATE REGISTRATION After Friday, May 12 at 5:00 PM MT - $75.00 per style
The late fee was posted on the event homepage and registration
Noted.