Texas woman sues owner of dog killed by her pit bulls

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A Texas woman whose four pit bulls entered her neighbors' yard through a hole in the fence and killed their 10-year-old beagle is suing them for $1 million.

Emerald White says in her lawsuit filed this week in Galveston County district court that she was "seriously injured" on Oct. 27 trying to stop the attack and retrieve her dogs. She says she suffered "multiple serious bite and scratch-type injuries" and accuses her neighbors of failing to securely confine and restrict their dog, Bailey.

White also contends she's feeling "conscious pain and suffering and now suffers also from fear, anxiety and trepidation."

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-woman-sues-owner-of-dog-killed-by-her-pit-bulls/

The lesbians 2 doors down have a beagle that gets out continually and visits my yard. Drives my male bulldog apesht. We were out in the yard a few weeks ago, her dog barked from a few yards over and as soon as my dog seen it he bolted. Cornered it in her garage while she was screaming threats about shooting it. I hate stupid lawsuits, but I actually can kind of see this persons side of it, if that dog was out harassing her dogs. It did say there was a hole in the fence...

"A Texas woman whose four pit bulls entered her neighbors' yard through a hole in the fence and killed their 10-year-old beagle...."

:laugh: you're dumb.

The dog is continually at my porch, barking and attempting to get to my dogs. They never bother the dog across the street, or the dogs on my left. They did, however, go after the dog invading their territory and leaving it's scent all over.

I don't think she has any right to sue. I will point out, however, that they calmed down and apologized after I did, as they were reminded that I had to take their dog home to them SEVERAL times, as they just got a fence in September. Did those pit bulls chase that dog home? Did all four dogs just happen to stumble on that hole in the fence?

The dog is continually at my porch, barking and attempting to get to my dogs. They never bother the dog across the street, or the dogs on my left. They did, however, go after the dog invading their territory and leaving it's scent all over.

I don't think she has any right to sue. I will point out, however, that they calmed down and apologized after I did, as they were reminded that I had to take their dog home to them SEVERAL times, as they just got a fence in September. Did those pit bulls chase that dog home? Did all four dogs just happen to stumble on that hole in the fence?

You realize dogs have the ability to dig?

The lesbians 2 doors down have a beagle that gets out continually and visits my yard. Drives my male bulldog apesht. We were out in the yard a few weeks ago, her dog barked from a few yards over and as soon as my dog seen it he bolted. Cornered it in her garage while she was screaming threats about shooting it. I hate stupid lawsuits, but I actually can kind of see this persons side of it, if that dog was out harassing her dogs. It did say there was a hole in the fence...

Yeah man, those Beagles are real menaces. I am a huge dog lover, but owning more than 1 Pit Bull should be against the law. The biggest issue with Pits is they have lock iron jaws, once they sink into something, no letting go.

You realize dogs have the ability to dig?

Yep. But the homeowner in the story said he had been in the process of repairing areas of his fence to keep his dog in. Chances are, given his response, that he knows his dog has been out several times and understands how dogs behave. I would think if his dog never left the yard, he would have been much more upset.

The story clearly states his fence had holes in it. Do you know for a fact his dog didn't harass her dogs? Do you think those dogs had a meeting and set a plan to fins a hole in the fence to attack? Because you are vanilla with zero understanding of human nature, you don't see the cause and effect...

The homeowner knew his fence had holes.
That probably means his dog has gotten out and pursued other dogs.
His reaction to the incident would support the idea that he knows his dog has done the same...
His comment of "repairing the fence to keep his dog and family safe" also supports the notion that he knew his dog was running loose, an unsafe idea for any animal.

If you weren't such a spa queen, you'd know that farmers have issues like this all the time. Let your cows wander over to a penned up bull enough, and when that bull gets out he WILL head over to find them. Farmers understand this. No surprise you dont. The homeowners own statements indicate he does.

His statements don't support such assumptions at all. I'm not sure how anyone with an ounce of personal accountability can understand someone suing another individual for injuries resulting from their dogs attacking another person's dog on their property. She's lucky he didn't shoot her and the dogs. Man up for once.

His statements don't support such assumptions at all. I'm not sure how anyone with an ounce of personal accountability can understand someone suing another individual for injuries resulting from their dogs attacking another person's dog on their property. Man up for once.

Man up for once? Personal responsibilty? :laugh: Oh my God... the King of Libs who continually bashes Conservatives for insisting people take personal responsibilities? :laugh: Jesus, that's rich! Anything to win an argument, eh Gruber?

The homeowner clearly wasn't interested in having the dogs destroyed, and said he was happy with her dogs being labeled as dangerous. So, 4 dogs maul yours in a fenced in yard and and that's your reaction??? I doubt that. I'm willing to bet he's had other neighbors complain about his own dog, which is why he stated he was in the process of repairing his fence.

Look, I had to smack Catalum down in his obsession with Ward being prosecuted... are you next?

If I walked into your yard and punched you in the face...would you give up chasing me once I got to my yard? I wouldn't, I would kick your damn door down, karate chop your wife and dog as I was running by to catch you.

If I walked into your yard and punched you in the face...would you give up chasing me once I got to my yard? I wouldn't, I would kick your damn door down, karate chop your wife and dog as I was running by to catch you.

:laugh: Bad example, I'd catch you way before you left my yard.

I do sympathize with responsible pit bull owners who have to deal with the stigma of owning one because of incidents like this. It's the same story with every dog, the owner is responsible for training the dog and is held accountable for their actions. It just so happens pit bull attacks are more common/publicized than with any other breed and often it's bc they're being bred for dog fighting or protection.