Texas sub-teacher beating student

Red14

This video is incredible. A female substitute teacher in Texas just goes off on a student in class, beating a female high school student. This teacher obviously know how to use her hands, as these were not your typical girl punches, she was throwing heymakers. And then, after pulling the student, desk and all to the ground, she stomped the students head on the floor.

Needless to say, who was fired immediately, snapped and there is no explanation for her behavior. But doesn't just part of you kind of wish teachers, who once, a long time ago, had this type of attention of the students, could somehow at least have the perceived THREAT of this?? Don't you think many of the student discipline issues we hear about in schools would go away if students thought this may happen??

Obviously should not have gone that far, but it seemed like a free for all in that classroom. Students spread out all over the room, cell phones recording from multiple angles, sub looks to be wearing sweatpants, girl getting beat is wearing her hoodie up. I would bet that classroom is a joke even when the normal teacher is there.

I feel worse for the students who actually want to learn being stuck in that type of a classroom environment day after day. The lack of discipline and support provided to teachers is ridiculous. That doesn't justify the beat down, but I'm sure the school culture had something to do with setting her off.

Another of my un-PC views;

Might as well have two schools side by side, one providing nothing but day care with the only goal of feeding and keeping the kids alive and one for all the other students who actually show a little self control, respect and desire to learn. Teachers may need to go the route of police and start wearing body cams. It wouldn't help this woman's cause, but could be used to support throwing the idiots into the "School Pizza Day Care School."

Last edited:
Obviously should not have gone that far.....
....I'm sure the school culture had something to do with setting her off.

Might as well have two schools side by side, one providing nothing but day care with the only goal of feeding and keeping the kids alive and one for all the other students who actually show a little self control, respect and desire to learn. Teachers may need to go the route of police and start wearing body cams. It wouldn't help this woman's cause, but could be used to support throwing the idiots into the school pizza "Day Care" school.

Boot camp school.

Communities get the schools that they deserve. It's a shame some kids have to suffer through them because their parents haven't figured out how to escape the community.

Special needs student. If she wasn’t she might be now. Man that lady was wailing.

That would be horrific, if the child was mentally slow. First hit or not.

With that said, on a tangent, not everyone should be mainstreamed, though. Keeping some parents' fantasies alive about their kids is cool and all, but the potentially violent should be sequestered.

Obviously should not have gone that far, but it seemed like a free for all in that classroom. Students spread out all over the room, cell phones recording from multiple angles, sub looks to be wearing sweatpants, girl getting beat is wearing her hoodie up. I would bet that classroom is a joke even when the normal teacher is there.

I feel worse for the students who actually want to learn being stuck in that type of a classroom environment day after day. The lack of discipline and support provided to teachers is ridiculous. That doesn't justify the beat down, but I'm sure the school culture had something to do with setting her off.

Might as well have two schools side by side, one providing nothing but day care with the only goal of feeding and keeping the kids alive and one for all the other students who actually show a little self control, respect and desire to learn. Teachers may need to go the route of police and start wearing body cams. It wouldn't help this woman's cause, but could be used to support throwing the idiots into the "School Pizza Day Care School."
All great points Smalls, but unfortunatley teachers literally have no recourse in discipline. You have kids in classes who don't want to be there, and their parents who could care less as well. It's a sad commentary on our system.

Long ways away, but I'd like to see us go to a system where nationally, we let you get your driver's license at 16, you then decide if you want to continue school anymore after that. I'd even let the teachers have some input. If a student doesn't appear to be a good "candidate" to continue to put resources in, let them go. We have jobs everyone for non-educated people, those jobs will always be out there. . Stop wasting teacher's time and taxpayer dollars on kids who don't want to learn.

I
No, the student mouthed back at the teacher after she swore at them. Again, the teacher snapped, but man, wouldn't it be refreshing if a teacher could command a classroom like that?
The teachers at my kids school have no problem commanding a classroom without resorting to profanity or violence.

That probably has more to do with the fact that all of your kids and their peers are raised right and respect authority.
Correct.

I still would not want a Substitute teacher (or any teacher) to have the authority to curb stomp my child if he/she acted up in class.

There are ways to handle unruly children. Punching and kicking g them while they lay on the ground is never acceptable.

Correct.

I still would not want a Substitute teacher (or any teacher) to have the authority to curb stomp my child if he/she acted up in class.

There are ways to handle unruly children. Punching and kicking g them while they lay on the ground is never acceptable.

Agreed. The sub is an adult (and supposed ‘professional’) and that is just some kid whom the sub pounded. The sub is also physically much bigger than the kid. Definitely an unfair fight and overkill (even compared to old-school Catholic nun thrashing standards). Of course, the kid deserves serious consequences for throwing a punch (and it’s bullsh1t that some of today’s kids think that it’s okay to behave in such a way towards adults), but c’mon …

In this day and age, the sub should have just backed off, immediately called security, the principal, etc. to permanently remove the student from the classroom, and let the administration determine the punishment (i.e. student expulsion). That’s just the world teachers live in now.

Yeah, I know … people get caught up in the heat of the moment, but that sub sure had enough foresight to first set down her cell phone before destroying that kid … :rolleyes:

In this day and age, the sub should have just backed off, immediately called security, the principal, etc. to permanently remove the student from the classroom, and let the administration determine the punishment (i.e. student expulsion). That’s just the world teachers live in now.

I agree she had no business giving her the beat down, but based on the daily stories that my son tells me about his "field experience", I am not sure sending anyone to the office results an any change in behavior.

He has observed students getting sent back to the classroom the same day after doing the following;

Threatening to kill kids with a metal pipe (while carrying the pipe)
Stabbing/drawing blood with a pencil
Weed in their pocket
Dumping milk on another students head
Fighting multiple days in a row
Repeatedly cussing at teachers and lunch ladies

....and these are just 5th-6th graders.

Needless to say as a college freshman and a potential teacher he has told me "I will never teach in a school like this....never ever." In a class of 25+ kids he thinks 3 really are working hard toward their potential and are able to ignore the distractions, about 15 could thrive in another environment, but the other 10 do not want to be there, have no concern about any form of punishment and take up 90% of the teachers time and effort.

He is disgusted by what he is observing from the lack of any backbone from administrators. They tell the teachers to just make sure the students don't kill each other and never touch a student unless they are beating on another student and then send kids back to the classroom the same day after fighting.

Last edited:
I agree she had no business giving her the beat down, but based on the daily stories that my son tells me about his "field experience", I am not sure sending anyone to the office results an any change in behavior.

He has observed students getting sent back to the classroom the same day after doing the following;

Threatening to kill kids with a metal pipe (while carrying the pipe)
Stabbing/drawing blood with a pencil
Weed in their pocket
Dumping milk on another students head
Fighting multiple days in a row
Repeatedly cussing at teachers and lunch ladies

....and these are just 5th-6th graders.

Needless to say as a freshman and a potential teacher he has told me "I will never teach in a school like this....never ever." In a class of 28 kids he thinks 3 really are working hard toward their potential and are able to ignore the distractions and about 15 could thrive in another environment, but the other 10 do not want to be there, have no concern about any form of punishment and take up 90% of the teachers time and effort.

He is a college freshman and is disgusted by what he is observing from the lack of any backbone from administrators. They tell the teachers to just make sure the students don't kill each other and never touch a student unless they are beating on another student, but then send the kids back to the classroom the same day after fighting.

I would go a step further and say that most of today's teachers (even those working in nice suburban schools) have no recourse, considering administrators don't back them up regarding discipline matters, often due to doting, lawsuit-happy parents (not just because the kids are from poor home environments). And, the kids know it. So, the real culprits in these instances are the parents. Back in the day, the fear of what punishment your parents would impose, once they caught word of what you did at school, was far worse than anything a teacher could have done. If today’s parents would actually instill the fear of God (and themselves) in their children if they misbehaved at school, teachers would see fewer of these instances and wouldn’t have to resort to stomping students, etc., in order to get them to behave in their classrooms.

I guess I shouldn't have trouble believing there are some posters here, it hasn't occurred to them this "teacher" was extremely violent long before she entered that classroom. She was hovering over the student, the student was trapped in her desk. You don't put fear or flight into a kid. You keep your distance. Of course the kid took a swing. Many of you would have taken that swing, at least in your brave heads.

I guess I shouldn't have trouble believing there are some posters here, it hasn't occurred to them this "teacher" was extremely violent long before she entered that classroom. She was hovering over the student, the student was trapped in her desk. You don't put fear or flight into a kid. You keep your distance. Of course the kid took a swing. Many of you would have taken that swing, at least in your brave heads.

Yes, the sub clearly violated that student’s personal space and should have expected some sort of reaction from the student. Probably thought the student would go the ‘flight’ route when intimidated, but clearly that didn’t happen. Regardless, the sub’s violation still doesn’t negate the student’s culpability in throwing the first punch. The student should face consequences, too.

That said, the discussion moved towards an overall agreement that today’s teachers have no recourse in their classrooms, where teacher-student interactions potentially involve discipline. Doesn’t matter if it’s a school in an impoverished district or one in a wealthy district, the consensus is that administrations do not support teachers when discipline issues arise in the classroom.

IMO, the problems many of today’s teachers face regarding classroom management will persist unless parents reinstate earlier positions of teacher support. Also, as it is right now, many parents seem to not trust administrators in regard to how their own kids are treated at school. The recent wave of parent lawsuits against school districts has led many administrators to buckle under heavy parent pressure to not allow teachers to discipline their children (which, in the end, means all children).

So, the question remains: With no parent or administrative support regarding classroom management and discipline, what’s a teacher to do when dealing with an unruly (whether spoiled or neglected) student in the classroom? Even punishments such as old-school detentions are now frowned upon by many of today’s parents (and, therefore, administrations). Doesn’t seem like anyone’s figured out an answer yet. ?‍♂️

I
No, the student mouthed back at the teacher after she swore at them. Again, the teacher snapped, but man, wouldn't it be refreshing if a teacher could command a classroom like that?
You think it would be refreashing if a teacher could command a classroom using violence?

Correct.

Never said it was...but the THREAT is what is important here. Kids know teachers have no recourse for discipline anymore. They get little discipline at home. Don't you at least want kids to have a little fear?

Never said it was...but the THREAT is what is important here. Kids know teachers have no recourse for discipline anymore. They get little discipline at home. Don't you at least want kids to have a little fear?
No.
Fear does not equal discipline.

I certainly don't need a teacher or administrator deciding if my kid deserves a beating.

Fear of community service or maybe physical labor would be good with me. A couple weeks of helping the janitor out, wash floors, take out the trash, clean gum off the bottom of desks etc.

Choose not to accept your punishment and expulsion is good with me. I would rather they raise hell in their own home than in school where it has a negative impact on their peers who want and expect better for themselves.

Last edited: