Teams of the decades

VASJ is winning D4 titles, they would not compete vs D1 teams that is for sure, VASJ has lost 14 in a row to Ed's so you might beat up the little sisters of the poor you don't win vs the big teams from D1. Back in the day at least you competed in D1 most of your recent titles are D4 I believe when you moved up to D3 and D2 you haven't won anything. Can you imagine if some D1 teams got to move down and play D4 teams? They would win it every year.
JOES has 1 D4 state title. Do not try to nose your way into CHAMPIONSHIP conversation. Go and roll around on a wrestling mat.

Go get a basketball coach and try to get a football team I believe your football team is D5 Hahaha, how can you be a team of the decade when you can't beat a team 14 straight times? That is a joke!

Go get a basketball coach and try to get a football team I believe your football team is D5 Hahaha, how can you be a team of the decade when you can't beat a team 14 straight times? That is a joke!
You are not part of the CHAMP discussion and it burns your .

Moeller has to be in the 00's -10's with 5 titles since 1999, tied for #1 in Ohio, (6 including them being 2020 Pool champs and rightfully being declared this yr state D1 champs). BTW, 6 titles will give them the all-time titles in Ohio.
I can't argue with this! (Except when it comes to which school has the most state titles... ;)) Especially with the run they've been on the last four years. The only blemish (if you want to call it that) was a loss in a great game against an excellent Jackson team in 2017.

Your English skills are atrocious. Also, yourboyblue because he needed the money.

You are so mad because you have no coach, no program and hanging on to what you did in D4 10 years ago, good luck with that.

Maybe Elvis can get you guys back to D3, you had a great run in the 70s and 80s in football but your school might be closing soon.

Best basketball team ever! 1976 Barberton Magics. If you didn't see them then you really missed out. Ask people who know basketball objectively, down at the Canal who owns a fishing business.
Lost a rare game during that time to Lorain Southview, led by man-child Manzie Williams.

We used to enjoy some fantastic hoops up in Lorain County during the 1960's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. It hasn't been the same since, with powerhouse programs like Lorain Admiral King and Lorain Catholic no longer in existence, and programs like Elyria, Elyria Catholic, Oberlin and Lorain Clearview a shell of what they once were.

Here's a photo gallery from St Joe's win over Lorain Admiral King in March of 1984 at Kent State. You can see Coach Moran, in one of his trademark Cosby sweaters (haha) in many of the pics.

A couple years later at Kent in a regional semi, Admiral King returned the favor and stunned a St Joe's team featuring 6'7 Treg Lee (Ohio State), 6'10 John Beauford (Detroit) and 7'0 Eric Riley (Michigan) on the front line. I don't think Admiral King had a player over 6'5 on the roster, but Mitch Gillam was a heck of a coach.

VASJ has 7 State BB titles. Vikings4life has got you on this note.
Never did I say Ed's was in the conversation, I just know VASJ isn't, I would vote for Moeller, by the way St. Ed's beat Joe's 20 straight years so VASJ might own D3 and D4 but St. Ed's owns VASJ that is a fact!!

2000’s SVSM
2010’s SVSM
2020’s SVSM

From OHSAA Tournament Participants
Akron St. Marys - 1929 (1st)
Akron St. Vincent - 1949, 1938

1972 = merger of St. Vincent and St. Mary High School

Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary - 2019, 2018
(1st), 2017 (1st), 2016 (2nd), 2014,
2013 (2nd), 2011 (1st), 2009 (1st), 2006,
2003 (1st), 2002 (2nd), 2001 (1st), 2000
(1st), 1987, 1984 (1st), 1983

NOTE 1983...

AK.SVSM owes a great deal of it's success to Akron City Schools
closing Ak.South H.S. in 1980 and then Ak.Central-Hower in 2006

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
From OHSAA Tournament Participants
Akron St. Marys - 1929 (1st)
Akron St. Vincent - 1949, 1938

1972 = merger of St. Vincent and St. Mary High School

Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary - 2019, 2018
(1st), 2017 (1st), 2016 (2nd), 2014,
2013 (2nd), 2011 (1st), 2009 (1st), 2006,
2003 (1st), 2002 (2nd), 2001 (1st), 2000
(1st), 1987, 1984 (1st), 1983

NOTE 1983...

AK.SVSM owes a great deal of it's success to Akron City Schools
closing Ak.South H.S. in 1980 and then Ak.Central-Hower in 2006

SALT

SALT[/B]
You know, people really fail to realize the impact that Central Hower closing had on STVM basketball. Certainly there is the LeBron-effect, but if you look at the rich tradition of Central Hower basketball right up to the time it shuttered its doors you could well imagine a good number of the local kids that chose STVM would have chosen Central Hower.

Never did I say Ed's was in the conversation, I just know VASJ isn't, I would vote for Moeller, by the way St. Ed's beat Joe's 20 straight years so VASJ might own D3 and D4 but St. Ed's owns VASJ that is a fact!!
[/QU
You cannot stomach the FACT that "the little school that is closing" is one of OHIO HS BB TEAMS of the decade. Why do Iggy, boyblew, and your fake friends across town, that pummel you every season in FB and BB, play JOES every season in BB? Your perceived manhood finds all of this to be so unpleasant. You do not have the podium, the limelight, the front page news, the public recognition, the prominence, the celebrity, the eminence nor the notability. This keeps you up at night, gnashing your teeth until you have to gum your own food.

Get this through your thick skull. You measure greatness by CHAMPIONSHIPS. You should understand (FB) this. JOES BASKETBALL IS THE GREATEST IN CLEVELAND'S (not Akron) HISTORY. I will quote a great entertainer known as Ric Flair. "You may not like it but you will learn to love it".

Your great team has lost to St. Eds 20 straight years that is no dynasty but a pathetic team that plays in D3 and D4. You are a moron and I don't have time to educate you on sports. Your football team is D5 and didn't make the playoffs. Your hoop team got ruined this year and you have no basketball coach, ya you are right I am really jealous of you and that school. You will be closed in 2 years. Bragging about playing in D4 championships is pathetic beat the D1 teams. I think Iggy has a winning record for you in the last 20 years. Keep bragging about your team of the decade because after firing Babe you guys won't win for awhile. So keep talking non sense idiot!!!

Your great team has lost to St. Eds 20 straight years that is no dynasty but a pathetic team that plays in D3 and D4. You are a moron and I don't have time to educate you on sports. Your football team is D5 and didn't make the playoffs. Your hoop team got ruined this year and you have no basketball coach, ya you are right I am really jealous of you and that school. You will be closed in 2 years. Bragging about playing in D4 championships is pathetic beat the D1 teams. I think Iggy has a winning record for you in the last 20 years. Keep bragging about your team of the decade because after firing Babe you guys won't win for awhile. So keep talking non sense idiot!!!
Please, check your post for your grammar is off in a few places. 7 CHAMPIONSHIPS is way more than any school in Cleveland. Thus, it is not just the HS BB TEAM of the decade. As of now, the PROGRAM OF ALL TIME.

In the last 20 years VASJ never finished top 3 in the Cleveland.com poll, but you think you are a team of the decade? You are an idiot! I agree with dadXgtm your floor blows and you haven't beat a good team on the floor in 20 years, now go away and sit in your one bedroom apartment and celebrate your team of the decade.

In the last 20 years VASJ never finished top 3 in the Cleveland.com poll, but you think you are a team of the decade? You are an idiot! I agree with dadXgtm your floor blows and you haven't beat a good team on the floor in 20 years, now go away and sit in your one bedroom apartment and celebrate your team of the decade.
You are a very angry boy. That will increase your chances of heart disease. Take a breath and except the VIKINGS place in history. Maybe some day, your elitist school will find that elusive prize in a box of Count Chocula.

Last edited:
Moeller has to be in the 00's -10's with 5 titles since 1999, tied for #1 in Ohio, (6 including them being 2020 Pool champs and rightfully being declared this yr state D1 champs). BTW, 6 titles will give them the all-time titles in Ohio.

Definitely one of the top programs in the state since '99 with 5 state titles, 2 runners-up and 8 appearances but you don't get a state championship for being "pool" champs and rightfully so. The state poll is based on the opinions of people who only get to see, at best, 1/6 of the state play.

"No state champions will be listed for these four sports in 2020. The OHSAA does not use state polls from the media or coaches associations to determine state champions."

Also, 6 titles would not have given Moeller the "all-time titles in Ohio." The all time most titles in Ohio are as follows:
8-Akron St Vincent-St Mary
7-Cleveland VASJ, Middletown
5-Columbus East, Dayton Dunbar, Moeller

Last edited:
And just think. LeBron and some of his buddies went to buchtel middle school. What a game changer that would have been over the last 20 years.

Wehrle in the 80s we’re dominating. 87-88 team might have a argument of being the best team of the decade. 85-86, 86-87, 87-88 teams were ranked in nation.

VASJ was 6th in the country during the 2014-2015 season. They were in the state title game 5 times in the 2010s, winning 3 -ships. The "FLOOR" has the effect of athletes playing faster when you are off of it. C. McKinley has been complaining about it since the 1980s. The VIKINGS are obviously one of the teams of the decade. But, that is not what this is about for you.

You cannot fathom that it is the VIKINGS that are enjoying this illustriousness. You want to lesson the programs achievements but it is in the history books. You do this because you learned it during your upbringing. It was reinforced and cemented in your beliefs at the lost and found school for SNOBERY that you attended.