Tampa Rays

14Red

How about the Tampa Rays baseball team?? They tried to have special Pride patches and hats for a game last weekend and 5 players balked at it. I commend the team though, they immediately came out and said that the uniform additions were not mandatory and it was a choice. Probably more for the PR firestorm. But this is the slippery slope that was created years ago when you start making these marketing opportunities for business. Just stick to baseball. No one cares what sexual orientation the fans are. Fans of all ages/ races and orientations are welcome to go to major league baseball games.
Stop shoving platforms at people.

People can choose to kneel for the anthem just like they can choose to not wear Pride patches.

People can choose to kneel for the anthem just like they can choose to not wear Pride patches.
That’s fine, but the difference is the majority of media will glorify you for kneeling and villainize you for not wearing the patch.

Also, that f’n patch is disgusting. How many more colors/special interests can you mash on to one flag?

That’s fine, but the difference is the majority of media will glorify you for kneeling and villainize you for not wearing the patch.

Also, that f’n patch is disgusting. How many more colors/special interests can you mash on to one flag?
That's my point. That truth cuts both ways. The people the Rays statement was aimed at are the same ones praising athletes that kneel for the anthem.

That's my point. That truth cuts both ways. The people the Rays statement was aimed at are the same ones praising athletes that kneel for the anthem.
I’ll be honest, if it was still the rainbow people (LGB), I wouldn’t mind it. However, the add insult over the recent years make me much less likely to support anything attached to them.

Ummmm, not not really. This is a company, the Tampa Rays, have a uniform - a uniform is to be worn by all players - so this alot different than kneeling for the anthem. Which by the way the NFL could have squashed that immediately by having rule against it. I think what you've seen is behind the scenes, either veteran player or the union rep pulled these guys aside and told them how great of a life they have by getting paid millions of dollars to play football. Do you really want to screw that up with a political stance???
I'll tell you this, try to have a private company force their employee to wear a pride patch or shirt and see what happens? We have become so backwards on this it's silly.

We're at an odd time now. I most everyone has evolved to the point that we don't see blatant discrimination and poor treatment of a race or class of people. But we've not gone to the point of lumping everyone into one bucket. Minorities, gays, lesbians, trans, bi-sexual, short, tall, fat, skinny and I think that side thinks there's strength in number and they keep pounding away. There are biblical principals behind not supporting the gay lifestyle. Why is it continued to be forced upon us.

Ummmm, not not really. This is a company, the Tampa Rays, have a uniform - a uniform is to be worn by all players - so this alot different than kneeling for the anthem. Which by the way the NFL could have squashed that immediately by having rule against it. I think what you've seen is behind the scenes, either veteran player or the union rep pulled these guys aside and told them how great of a life they have by getting paid millions of dollars to play football. Do you really want to screw that up with a political stance???
I'll tell you this, try to have a private company force their employee to wear a pride patch or shirt and see what happens? We have become so backwards on this it's silly.
There's absolutely no difference between forcing someone to wear a Pride patch or make them stand for the anthem. If the Rays want to get into that political quagmire and force their players to wear patches, that's their problem. It is certainly not worth it for them to take any action at all against players that don't want to wear it. Can they fire them? Sure. That's a stupid choice.