tallmadge vs. copley & cloverleaf - 8.22

SimplyADevil

at chippewa country club, par 36 (ladies).
so we beat cloverleaf, first win of the season. we lost to copley. they came out and played the best round of golf since they started as a varsity sport. it's funny, we always bring the best out of teams. i played horrendously, and for that reason alone... scores will not be posted this game. after the match i just went to the practice green and started putting, i 5-putting one hole. i'm not entirely sure what anyone got, except my team.
an idea of how bad i did:
after hitting a horrible drive way right on #1, i ended up with birdie on the hole. after that, everything went downhill.
i was in the sand on 5 out of 9 holes. i drove the ball out of bounds into a driving range (imagine finding YOUR ball amongst a dr). i went under a pine tree, and while trying to get out, i hit my bag. i played the wrong ball. (last two are two-stroke penalties) i hit the school bus (obviously out of bounds) parked in the parking lot. and i hit the ball into a little shaded area hut looking thing.
it was bad. very bad. not my worst score of the season, but BAD. much worse than i did last year at this course.

I'm sorry, but the whole school bus getting hit thing is hilarious. The mental image of that is so entertaining. It really is. Sorry for your bad day SAD. That was too much fun.

SAD, golf is probably the most frustrating sport at times. When things start going bad, it's hard to "right the ship" so to speak.

But as we say at work, "a bad day on the course is better than a good day in the office".

I'm sure you know that much of the game is mental and keeping a positive mental attitude is sometimes all you can do in those situations. Good luck the rest of the way.