SW Ohio - Half Way Mark - Top Teams

Cincy_Futbol

We’ve made it half way without too many major COVID stoppages. What are your thoughts on who sits atop each division heading into the second half? Mine are below

D1
Top Teams in Order: St. X, Mason, Beavercreek, Centerville, Dayton Carroll, Loveland, Sycamore

Big match up between St. X and Mason Saturday will likely decide the 1 seed in Cincinnati. Creek and Centerville in the same boat battling it out for 1 in Dayton. Loveland and Carroll with some loses but good wins on their resume. They could make a run. Sycamore has been out with what I can only assume is a quarantine. It will be interesting to see if the break is a good thing or bad thing for them. Can’t count out Moeller, Lakota East, or Milford either.

D2
Top Teams in order: Oakwood, Monroe, Tippecanoe, Wyoming, Summit, Alter, Ross

Monroe and Oakwood tied 2-2 the first time they played. They have a rematch next Tuesday to decide their league title. Whoever wins will more than likely be the 1 seed out of Dayton. Tipp continues to remain unbeaten with a conference only schedule. They will more than likely head into the tournament with a perfect record but hard to know what they really have just yet. Wyoming and Summit are the two clear favorites out of Cincy. Both playing well right now. Alter has some great wins but a few major blemishes on their schedule. Ross putting together another fine season. Lots of talent in DII especially in Dayton. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

D3
Top teams in order: Mariemont, Botkins, Troy Christian, Madeira, Seven Hills

Mariemont holds on to their perfect record and #1 ranking in the state after 10 games. Big game against Oakwood coming up. Good test for them and Oakwood. Botkins seems poised to make a run and Troy Christian has had some good results. Madeira and Seven Hills are clearly behind Mariemont but will battle it out to make it to a district final for Cincinnati. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematchin the regional finals unless Troy Christian can ruin a run from Botkins or Mariemont.

So glad we are talking soccer! Stay safe and healthy!

We’ve made it half way without too many major COVID stoppages. What are your thoughts on who sits atop each division heading into the second half? Mine are below

D1
Top Teams in Order: St. X, Mason, Beavercreek, Centerville, Dayton Carroll, Loveland, Sycamore

Big match up between St. X and Mason Saturday will likely decide the 1 seed in Cincinnati. Creek and Centerville in the same boat battling it out for 1 in Dayton. Loveland and Carroll with some loses but good wins on their resume. They could make a run. Sycamore has been out with what I can only assume is a quarantine. It will be interesting to see if the break is a good thing or bad thing for them. Can’t count out Moeller, Lakota East, or Milford either.

D2

Monroe and Oakwood tied 2-2 the first time they played. They have a rematch next Tuesday to decide their league title. Whoever wins will more than likely be the 1 seed out of Dayton. Tipp continues to remain unbeaten with a conference only schedule. They will more than likely head into the tournament with a perfect record but hard to know what they really have just yet. Wyoming and Summit are the two clear favorites out of Cincy. Both playing well right now. Alter has some great wins but a few major blemishes on their schedule. Ross putting together another fine season. Lots of talent in DII especially in Dayton. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

D3

Mariemont holds on to their perfect record and #1 ranking in the state after 10 games. Big game against Oakwood coming up. Good test for them and Oakwood. Botkins seems poised to make a run and Troy Christian has had some good results. Madeira and Seven Hills are clearly behind Mariemont but will battle it out to make it to a district final for Cincinnati. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematchin the regional finals unless Troy Christian can ruin a run from Botkins or Mariemont.

D1:
1. St X
2. Mason
3. Beavercreek
4. Centerville
5. Sycamore - Yes, they have been in quarantine
6. Carroll
7. Moeller
8. Anderson
9. Loveland
10. Milford
Others I have seen that could be in the top 10: Kings

D1

D2

D3

Not bad! I missed on Oak Hills, Greenon and Benjamin Logan.