SW District

Beavercreek has a great medley relay, yet like previously said I think the Bombers are going to be tough to beat on the back half of the relay. Ian Wooley has already split 22.3 on the fly, and Grant Johnson or Jack Hendricks are going to go 21.2 on the free.

It will be a great race, 1:34 wins it.

Grant Johnson and Jack Hendricks have already gone a 20.9 this year in dual meets so they will be bringing it home alot faster then a 21.2. And also a I bet you that district record of a 1:33.1 is going to be taken down this year, whoever relay it might be.

Grant Johnson and Jack Hendricks have already gone a 20.9 this year in dual meets so they will be bringing it home alot faster then a 21.2. And also a I bet you that district record of a 1:33.1 is going to be taken down this year, whoever relay it might be.

Taking down the record would be nice, yet I don't think so. Legs 2, 3 and 4 will stand on the block until the touch on the wall. We'll see some good times, yet I don't think the guys are tapered yet.

who in the world is grant johnson?

Your remarks from 4/3/10.

go away st x ----s no one likes you
i mean really no one

Your sarcastic question is inappropriate. Looking at some of your comments from the past as one is posted above are also inappropriate. The young men and women who will swim this weekend and next weekend often compete against each other year round. Many of them know each other quite well. Having attended several district and state meets, many of us are witness to incredible moments of love, respect and sportsmanship amongst the swimmers, teams and families in attendance. I sincerely hope that you have the same feeling in your heart, and what you possess within yourself is not indicative of what you said above. Humility and kindness guides many of us in life.

i believe that most people agree with me, for example: when anyone beats st x in anything at districts st x assume that they were shaved and tapered

i believe that most people agree with me, for example: when anyone beats st x in anything at districts st x assume that they were shaved and tapered

You're wrong. A win is a win. No excuses, caveats or explanations need to be given.

Stop being an X hater and be a nice young man like those Centerville swimmers that will be competing tomorrow night. Follow their example, because they're great young men!!

Centerville does have great swimmers and freestylers in particular, Sam Mitchell, Brian Clark, Josh Brooks and Jay Hickey. Expecting great relay races tomorrow night and I am sure they will be in the final 8 of all three relays in Canton. Also expecting Sam Mitchell, Brian Clark and Jay Hickey, since they're seniors, to make some memories for themselves individually tomorrow night and more importantly in Canton.

D2 meet was fun and fast. Couple meet records were broken.

Sadly the meet ended with the Oakwood 400 relay getting DQd.

Can't wait for D1 tonight.

Somehow I told you so...just doesn't quite say it

And as you also said above:

i believe centerville will win the free relays

2012 SW District Results:
Bombers won the 200 Free Relay, Elks won the 400 Free Relay

Somehow you don't quite get it.

I get that beavercreek beat st x and NOT TAPERED NOT SHAVED and went 1:33 and their "weak" backhalf stayed with ian wooley

AND colin kanzari who coming from a shoulder injury and not even a sprint freestyler held of grant johnson . so it appears as if the all around swimmer VERSATILE swimmer with an OLYMPIC TRIAL cut not even a freestyler held off grant johnson, who i would like to see him have shoulder surgery and swim districts with little training after being out so long. looks like the DAYTON RAIDERS hard work paid off

oh and wait til they actually TAPER

I get that beavercreek beat st x and NOT TAPERED NOT SHAVED and went 1:33 and their "weak" backhalf stayed with ian wooley

AND colin kanzari who coming from a shoulder injury and not even a sprint freestyler held of grant johnson . so it appears as if the all around swimmer VERSATILE swimmer with an OLYMPIC TRIAL cut not even a freestyler held off grant johnson, who i would like to see him have shoulder surgery and swim districts with little training after being out so long. looks like the DAYTON RAIDERS hard work paid off

oh and wait til they actually TAPER

Great swim and victory for Beavercreek on the medley relay, especially for Colin Kanzari. Bradford Johnson swam the free leg of the medley relay for X
and had a great swim. It will be great to see Beavercreek, TSF and X next to each other on the medley relay next weekend.

The Beavercreek boys swam very well tonight. It will be very interesting to see how much faster they along with a lot of the kids can go at State.

Overall it was a great meet with a lit of fast swimming.

Dont forget moeller on the 200 medley relay too. Their backstroker and flyer werent shaved and tapered and they were only within .3 of beavercreek. Harry Hamiter had a great 100 back last night for being unshaved untapered.

Dont forget moeller on the 200 medley relay too. Their backstroker and flyer werent shaved and tapered and they were only within .3 of beavercreek. Harry Hamiter had a great 100 back last night for being unshaved untapered.

Are you really expecting competitors to believe that a 50.66 was unrested and unshaved or is this just positioning to say that there is more for next week? This is a 2 second drop from in season. In such a competitive District, what would keep a swimmer from resting and shaving to race in a faster pool than Canton. Times matter, why not take every opportunity to go the fastest possible time in a fast pool?

Edit: Shut my mouth, Hamiter went 48.5 at Y nationals, so perhaps he was not rested, I correct myself. But I still think you should take an opportunity to race at your best in a faster pool, you kids are young and can hold a taper.

I agree completely. I think everyone should of shaved for this meet because miami is where everyone is going to put up their best times. But for those who didnt i am looking forward to seeing how they do at state next week.

Based on the sectional times and with diving included, the SW scores: St.X, 452; Cville, 276; Moeller, 213; Mason, 173; Beavercreek, 154; Sycamore, 139; Talawanda, 132; Turpin, 127; & Milford, 117

How they finished:

St X, 492; Cville, 284; Moeller, 180; Mason, 168; Beavercreek, 167; Sycamore, 167; Turpin, 122; Talawanda, 110; Milford, 110; Anderson, 80

Did anyone see the dq on oakwood's 400 free relay in person? I'm almost always on the side of the refs but I just looked at the video and didn't see any early takeoffs, but I could be wrong. Either way, that's a big shakeup when it comes to the state meet.

Dayton Daily News had this:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayt...-swimming-through-d-ii-districts-1330523.html

Oakwood appeared to have set another record in the 400 freestyle relay, beating the field by eight seconds. However, Oakwood was disqualified for a false start.

A photo of the infraction appeared to show an Oakwood swimmer’s foot still on the block at the turn when the false start was called.

Oakwood officials filed a protest. There was no change in the ruling.

Dayton Daily News had this:

A photo of the infraction appeared to show an Oakwood swimmer’s foot still on the block at the turn when the false start was called.

Oakwood officials filed a protest. There was no change in the ruling.

What a shame...

Are you really expecting competitors to believe that a 50.66 was unrested and unshaved or is this just positioning to say that there is more for next week? This is a 2 second drop from in season. In such a competitive District, what would keep a swimmer from resting and shaving to race in a faster pool than Canton. Times matter, why not take every opportunity to go the fastest possible time in a fast pool?

Edit: Shut my mouth, Hamiter went 48.5 at Y nationals, so perhaps he was not rested, I correct myself. But I still think you should take an opportunity to race at your best in a faster pool, you kids are young and can hold a taper.

thats his 100 free time idiot