Surprising 2-0 starts

North Ridgeville
Wadsworth
Parma Normandy
Youngstown Chaney
And Normandy and North Ridgeville play each other in Week 3; North Ridgeville hasn't started 3-0 since 2011, Normandy hasn't since 2007, and I can't imagine either school has done so all that often. Yet one will be 3-0 after this week.

Chaney has looked VERY good against Poland and Boardman, though admittedly we're not sure where these two programs stand right now. I'm guessing we'll know the real Chaney come weeks 5-6 against Canfield and Ursuline.

Wadsworth has looked great against Wooster and Barberton, who both solidly beat their other opponent to date (Barberton shutting out Stow on the road? Wow!). This week against Medina will tell us a lot, and if they win, they're the unquestioned SL-N favorite and likely top-4 seed in R1. (This begs another question: Is Barberton ready for the SL-National? If they want to even out at 16, it'll be easier if they shift Barberton up and try to fill that spot in the American).

Oak Hills. They hadn't won a regular season game since 2018 (they won two post playoff loss games in 2020). They're D1 and lost to D6 Coldwater last year. Turpin and Sycamore look to be having down years but those are normally rock solid programs, and Oak Hills can hang their hats on those wins. I'd give them a glimmer of hope at a winning regular season record.

And Normandy and North Ridgeville play each other in Week 3; North Ridgeville hasn't started 3-0 since 2011, Normandy hasn't since 2007, and I can't imagine either school has done so all that often. Yet one will be 3-0 after this week.

Chaney has looked VERY good against Poland and Boardman, though admittedly we're not sure where these two programs stand right now. I'm guessing we'll know the real Chaney come weeks 5-6 against Canfield and Ursuline.

Wadsworth has looked great against Wooster and Barberton, who both solidly beat their other opponent to date (Barberton shutting out Stow on the road? Wow!). This week against Medina will tell us a lot, and if they win, they're the unquestioned SL-N favorite and likely top-4 seed in R1. (This begs another question: Is Barberton ready for the SL-National? If they want to even out at 16, it'll be easier if they shift Barberton up and try to fill that spot in the American).
I will say Wooster is not good. They played Orrville and beat them handily but Orrville probably won’t win a game all year. WH just beat Orrville by 37. They were up 44-0 at half and the backups played the entire second half against Orrville first team

Wadsworth.....2 losing seasons in a row.
3-7 in 2021.
Week 1 Grizzlies 24 Barberton 7
Week 2 Grizzlies 49 Wooster 21
Justin Todd's getting it done again.

Big game with Medina and Dan Stoddard this Friday night, WEEK 3.
May be a long night for Grizz 'D'.

Last edited:
Parma Normandy has really made some improvements and fast; the community is in full support of the coaching staff and the players. It is really amazing to see the culture start to change, keep it up Normandy!