Summit County Basketball 2021-2022

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The Summit County football thread is going great this year and hope to have the same kind of support for basketball in the County.

Who are the teams to watch? Up and coming teams? Top players?

I may be biased (which I'll readily admit!), but the best player in Summit County will be Sencire Harris. Of course, understanding that the REAL best player from Summit County will be playing at Oak Hill, it's obvious that the transfer of the Livingstons to the Virginia power house certainly changes the dynamics of Summit County hoops for 2021. Buchtel will still be formidable, but they will not challenge STVM as the best team this year.

I'll be following Tallmadge and Cuyahoga Falls on here. Not really sure how either team will be this season. The Covid season last year put a real dent in being able to forecast this season. Just didn't seem many games in person and watching on streaming didn't give the total picture.

I'm interested to see which of the City Series teams, if any, will make a run at Buchtel since the Griffs have taken two giant steps back towards the pack.

Green has high expectations this season with a veteran core coming back as well as some very talented underclassmen who will provide the depth the Bulldogs lacked last year. Zack Oddo and Trey Martin are 4 year varsity guys and two of the best scorers in Summit County. I fully expect Green to be in the mix for the Federal League title.

No real idea about the Akron Ellet varsity.
I imagine they'll be fair, maybe .500 or so based on schedule strength.

I've heard they have a really strong freshman class. Have not seen them but I do know their schedule is loaded with heavyweights if thats any indication.

I've heard one of the main players is not playing basketball for Tallmadge this year. Also heard that the numbers trying out are very good. Hopefully they can find a way to keep as many kids playing as possible.

Will Erick Holley of East be the best player in the City Series?? Or will the Griffs pull some magic out of that new 1040 building?

Hudson is terrible this season. They have a new inexperienced varsity coach & the best players (who are seniors this year) quit the team for one reason or another. The whole program is in shambles.

1638551433678.png

A number of takeaways from the earliest part of the season.

1. The City Series looks to have some competition this year. Buchtel is good, but East is impressive!
2 Moeller may not be Moeller this year, but the Irish put on a tour-de-force defensive clinic in handling the Crusaders 49-26 to pick up their first win of the young season.
3. Eric Holley of East is a player!!! Has he gotten any offers for the next level yet?
4. Hoban will be fine once they shake out of their post-football doldrums and get everybody on the court and in the rotation.

3. Eric Holley of East is a player!!! Has he gotten any offers for the next level yet?
I thought he was going to Akron to play Football and Basketball, but with the recent coaching changes I think he may be headed to Toledo (football)

I thought he was going to Akron to play Football and Basketball, but with the recent coaching changes I think he may be headed to Toledo (football)
Would have liked to see him in a Zips uniform, but good luck to the young man in Toledo!