Steubenville Away Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same thread I said multiple my nepew was at Glenville lol. If you werent typing with tears in your eyes all the time you wouldve saw that. Like Why you always gotta add extra words like dickriding and telling ppl who simply liked a post to ? Why did you take time out your day to see who like a post you dont like so you could tell them to ? Why do you take high school football so seriously mr rack??

And if were talking about my alma mater my junior year we played Glenville in the D1 regional final and wasnt a damn "theyre too stacked" all week. We manned up and gave em the scare of their life (28-27). You been pumping in the excuses you wont even have to use since April.
UGH, this guy sounds like he used to catch passes for the Quarterback during warmups. Let me be clear: when morons like you decide to make things personal, I can do the same. I have zero regard for you as a Yappi poster. I apologize to myself for reading your post. Now STFUB🤣😂

Some notable home and home, away games, and *notable regular season games D4 Steubenville has played since 2010.

Massillon
Ursuline
Mooney
Olentangy Liberty
Morgantown
Barberton
Dover
New Philadelphia
St. Clairsville
Desales
Linsly
Wheeling Park
Fitch
Boardman
Louisville
*ASVSM
*Massie
*Archbishop Carroll (DC)
*NCA (DMV)
*Rock Creek (DMV)
*St. Johns College (DC)
*Central High School (Detroit)
*Salesianum (DE)
*Cincinnati Glen Este
*St. Joseph Nj.
*University
*Renaissance (PA)
*Benedictine
*West Holmes
*Buffalo St. Joe, (NY) QB Sr. Chad Kelly-Clemson Commit
*Inkster (MI), QB Sr. Devin Gardner Michigan Commit
*Athens, QB Sr. Joe Burrow (OSU)
*Woodrow Wilson (DC)
*Upper St. Clair (PA)
*The Hun School (NJ)
*Penn Hills (PA)
*Akron Buchtel
*St. Francis (NY)

Steubenville 35 playoff appearances - 73-31 Playoff Record (14-18 vs Private Schools), 19 Regional Championships, 9 State Final Appearances, 4 State Championships.

x
I asked about a specific contract in the last few years Big Red didn’t honor after STVM went to Harding Stadium. I didn’t ask you to defend your ego.

Steubenville has not travelled to Akron in that time frame you mentioned, even though they were supposed to in 2017.

So you, . 😜

I asked about a specific contract in the last few years Big Red didn’t honor after STVM went to Harding Stadium. I didn’t ask you to defend your ego.

Steubenville has not travelled to Akron in that time frame you mentioned, even though they were supposed to in 2017.

So you, . 😜
Thats his favorite thing to do: tell internet stranger to 😂

That's 4 tasty Pennsylvania and West Virginia grown 🍅 to pad win totals. It was a recipe developed in early 2000s when our favorite chewing gum was consistently missing the Playoffs during 90s
4 play off appearances hardly qualifies as “constantly” missing the playoffs. We also own a 74-32 playoff record. So there’s that. Tell us why the hatred. It’s either your school has been whipped consistently by The Big Red, you personally, got manhandled on the field by the zBig Red guy lined up across from you, you bet your minimum wage check on Big Red and we lost, you ran your mouth too much and got slapped around at a Big Red game, your “significant other” laid down with a Big Red gal. Which is it, one or more of those reasons. Or did you use a tomato 🍅 can to get your grove on and the term tomato can is imprinted in that pea sized brain of yours.

Post #11 sums it up. I remember when trolling posts were frowned upon....now "there" allowing trolling THREADS.

Anyway, "their" swinging from your your stuff now and leaving Massillon alone so, I guess....tag....you're it.
Massillon and Steubenville will always have the trollers out in full force. And I can appreciate your take on things where many of these posters wake up thinking about Steubenville and Massillon. They worry more about us than their own stinking teams. Lastly, we know the difference between their and there and our and are….. they resent it 😂

You werent lying what a schedule the back half of it barely has a pulse lmao
Since the OVAC refused mandatory scheduling, Steubenville is essentially an independent. Most teams are playing league games the last 7 or 8 weeks out of the year.

Since the OVAC refused mandatory scheduling, Steubenville is essentially an independent. Most teams are playing league games the last 7 or 8 weeks out of the year.
Playing an OVAC schedule would be a detriment to Steubenville. 95% of teams stink. They play the main 2.. Dover and Park almost yearly.

Just realized the talk about the QB… Didn’t mention he played both ways with not many passes going to where he was playing all night long.

1st start ever, he was fine, 1 bad throw…. 20 completions.

If he’s gonna complete 60+% of passes all year long. That will be extremely successful considering what they want to do and will do to most of there competition left.

So you, . 😜
You're wrong about the contract, STVSM needed a game and we obliged. Every time Steubenville plays someone in a one-year contract there's always a guy that claims it was a 2 year. 2005 and 2006 was home and home.

Providing recent evidence that contradicts your nonsense "When in the 1900s?" statement, demonstrating that we have played plenty of home and home games and quality opponents on the road, has nothing to do with ego. 🤦🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏿. You may now again.

Not exactly sure why this thread is even allowed.
I love it when “we” (Massillon/Big Red) stick up for each other!!! It doesn’t happen often but there is respect there between both schools.
We both know the trolling comes with the territory. When both schools or any perennial powerhouse are successful you get trolled. If we were a cupcake “sisters of the poor” school we wouldn’t get it

You're wrong about the contract, STVSM needed a game and we obliged. Every time Steubenville plays someone in a one-year contract there's always a guy that claims it was a 2 year. 2005 and 2006 was home and home.

Providing recent evidence that contradicts your nonsense "When in the 1900s?" statement, demonstrating that we have played plenty of home and home games and quality opponents on the road, has nothing to do with ego. 🤦🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏿. You may now again.
IMG_7620.gif
Point taken, but you have to admit the 05 and 06 seasons were a long time ago, some may even say closer to the 1900s than 2016/17 seasons.

Also, you are 100% incorrect about the most recent contract with the Irish. So, again, .

I'm a Dover fan. I've been going to games in Death Valley since 1979. Steubenville has an awesome but very respectful fan base and a great program as well. They've played multiple games at the Brick House, and we've met multiple times in the playoffs as well. I have nothing but mad respect for the program and the fans. They've always showed us nothing but love and respect as well!

I'm a Dover fan. I've been going to games in Death Valley since 1979. Steubenville has an awesome but very respectful fan base and a great program as well. They've played multiple games at the Brick House, and we've met multiple times in the playoffs as well. I have nothing but mad respect for the program and the fans. They've always showed us nothing but love and respect as well!
Dover is a great game and town; hopefully we keep the matchup for years to come.

View attachment 45097Point taken, but you have to admit the 05 and 06 seasons were a long time ago, some may even say closer to the 1900s than 2016/17 seasons.

Also, you are 100% incorrect about the most recent contract with the Irish. So, again, .
It's so weird because you're also 100% wrong regarding the deal with Big Red. Having said that, .

I love it when “we” (Massillon/Big Red) stick up for each other!!! It doesn’t happen often but there is respect there between both schools.
We both know the trolling comes with the territory. When both schools or any perennial powerhouse are successful you get trolled. If we were a cupcake “sisters of the poor” school we wouldn’t get it
Agreed. We absolutely respect you guys.

I always said two things about Massillon and it applies to a great program like Steubenville also.

#1 I'll start to worry when they (the trolls) STOP talking about us.

And

#2 They'd (the trolls) rather see Massillon (Steubenville) lose....than their own teams win.

Also love when some of these schools have a couple of good years in a row and their ankle biting fans come out of the woodwork like their program has been dominant for decades. It's adorable.

Agreed. We absolutely respect you guys.

I always said two things about Massillon and it applies to a great program like Steubenville also.

#1 I'll start to worry when they (the trolls) STOP talking about us.

And

#2 They'd (the trolls) rather see Massillon (Steubenville) lose....than their own teams win.

Also love when some of these schools have a couple of good years in a row and their ankle biting fans come out of the woodwork like their program has been dominant for decades. It's adorable.
You nailed it. It is the “Johnnie come lately’s” that are the worst trolls. A couple decent playoff runs in the last 20 years and all of the sudden they are dominant. 🤷‍♂️

Since you are talking about two year contracts and what happened with SVSM, I have a question about the two year contract with Olentangy Liberty. What happened to the home and home agreement and please don’t try and say it was a one year deal. The AD at Liberty has already verified is was a two year deal.

Fenwick was 3-7 when I got there and I've been a loyal supporter ever since whether we were winning the GCL or going through a 1 win season. Of course nothing is as bad as the well deserved public ridicule Steubenville had to go through during a certain era. At least everybody associated is gone...oh wait nevermind.
No one cares about 10-12 years ago.

Steubenville is our biggest rival other than the obvious and there is no better place to play than Death Valley. High school football at its best.
Honestly I think Dover, Phila, and Steubenville has grown into a nice little three way rivalry. Hopefully Dover and Phila continue to play Steubenville every year.

Honestly I think Dover, Phila, and Steubenville has grown into a nice little three way rivalry. Hopefully Dover and Phila continue to play Steubenville every year.
We need both Dover and NP, since our local schools will not step up. There are several D4 schools locally that will not step to the plate. And a D5 or 2 that want no part of SHS. The round robin between SHS, DHS & NPHS is good for all 3 and provides great competition.

We need both Dover and NP, since our local schools will not step up. There are several D4 schools locally that will not step to the plate. And a D5 or 2 that want no part of SHS. The round robin between SHS, DHS & NPHS is good for all 3 and provides great competition.
Agreed. What’s nice, is they’ve been pretty evenly matched as well. In the last five years, against the other two:
- Dover is 5-6
- Phila is 4-6
- Steubenville 7-4
And if you don’t count last year, it’s even closer, as Steubenville swept both games last year:
- Dover was 5-4
- Phila was 3-5
- Steubenville was 5-4

Nice competitive series of games.

When I saw they had 4 away games this year my first assumption is that the “brand” has lost its luster. No one’s going to bend over backward to play them anymore

When I saw they had 4 away games this year my first assumption is that the “brand” has lost its luster. No one’s going to bend over backward to play them anymore
Maybe….. but let’s face, any program, with any confidence will want to play The Big Red. I’d say our goal is to play 8 times at home. With the expanded playoffs we will get those 8 home games even if we play 4 away games. One thing that won’t change…… the expectation to contend for a championship every year.

It's so weird because you're also 100% wrong regarding the deal with Big Red. Having said that, .
Look, I’m not going to go back and forth with you about this, but I do have a real question for the Big Red faithful.

Is the stadium nicknamed “Death Valley” because of the proximity of the cemetery? ☦️

Status
Not open for further replies.