State Finals Udate

SirStanley

Howland scores late in first half and has followed in second half with two goals and two balls off the frame. 3-0 with 22 minutes left.

SirStanley

5-0 final. I'm seeing Howland scoring more goals against Tipp today than they allowed all season coming in. Great two year stretch for both schools.

SirStanley

Definitely did not start off that way. Happy to see New Albany calm down and weather the storm.
I’m not sure how often St. Ignatius has allowed a goal in their 11 trips to the state championship game. I can only think of one prior to tonight (a game they won after being down 1-0 at halftime). Their one defeat was a scoreless pk shootout to Gahanna Lincoln (led by future Crew player Wil Trapp).

SirStanley

Ignatius just a machine! 4-1. (Did survive an indirect from 6 yards out that could have made score 3-2 with about 6 to play.)

soccerboy08

I’m not sure how often St. Ignatius has allowed a goal in their 11 trips to the state championship game. I can only think of one prior to tonight (a game they won after being down 1-0 at halftime). Their one defeat was a scoreless pk shootout to Gahanna Lincoln (led by future Crew player Wil Trapp).
They gave up 2 in a 4-2 win I believe in 2011 against Olentangy Liberty. They were down 1-0 and 2-1 at half.

Congrats to all the winners - I guess that Bay victory for Howland wasn't a fluke (as I thought it might have been). That likely was the true state championship game in D2, as the Medina - Ignatius game was for D1).

It's very likely that you can pencil in Medina - Ignatius for the next two years as a state semi. Ignatius is only graduating like 4 starters this year.