State Final Paths

Who has the toughest path to the state finals for each division?

D1
D2
D3

Carroll. They have to play through St. X just to get out of the district. X is a very scary team at the moment. Also, Moeller has to get through Mason, just to get out of the district. At the end of the day, Beaver nation goes the distance and reigns supreme for the second year in a row. I know they lost the conference title to Centerville, but Beavercreek knows how to bounce back with a vengeance that teams from around the state rarely see. Beavercreek takes D1.

D2

Summit. After much success in D3, D2 will bring new challenges for the staff and players. They won't be accustomed to the critical moments in D2 games because they never got those critical moments in D3 due to mostly subpar challengers. They will be mentally unprepared when a crisis arises. The pressure will mount and they won't live up to the expectations. That alone will lead to Summit having a tough path to the state finals. Alter is stacked this year. They play cohesively,and don't bend when a trial hits. Revere and Alter battle it out in the State Finals. Alter takes D2 with a monstrous win.

D3

Cincinnati Country Day. Looks as if Cincinnati and Dayton are packed with state ranked teams. CCD will have to play Troy Christian to get out of the district. They will have to outplay strong and healthy teams after that if they want a shot at claiming the D3 throne. Seven Hills, Dayton Christian, Madeira, Troy Christian, all big powerhouses in the Dayton/Cincy area are looking for D3 supremacy. Seven Hills, from what I have seen and heard, seems to have the best arsenal for fighting Ottawa Hills, out of northwest Ohio,who seem to be the favorite to take D3. They lost 1-0 to Summit in the state final last year, so redemption is probably the only thing on their mind. Many seniors on their roster, so lots of postseason experience. Seven Hills and Ottawa Hills battle in the state final. OT. Ottawa Hills takes D3 in golden goal thriller.

D2

Summit. After much success in D3, D2 will bring new challenges for the staff and players. They won't be accustomed to the critical moments in D2 games because they never got those critical moments in D3 due to mostly subpar challengers. They will be mentally unprepared when a crisis arises. The pressure will mount and they won't live up to the expectations. That alone will lead to Summit having a tough path to the state finals. Alter is stacked this year. They play cohesively,and don't bend when a trial hits. Revere and Alter battle it out in the State Finals. Alter takes D2 with a monstrous win.

Obviously, SCD likely won't be running through teams in the tournament like they have in the past few years, but it doesn't mean that they are mentally unprepared for the tournament. The two teams you mentioned have played a few common opponents (McNick, Fenwick, CHCA).

McNick: 2-3 L to SCD; 2-2 tie to Alter
Fenwick: 1-3 L to SCD; 0-0 tie to Alter
CHCA: 1-4 L to SCD; 0-0 tie to Alter

I think that D2 is wide open from here on out and will be tough for most.

Obviously, SCD likely won't be running through teams in the tournament like they have in the past few years, but it doesn't mean that they are mentally unprepared for the tournament. The two teams you mentioned have played a few common opponents (McNick, Fenwick, CHCA).

McNick: 2-3 L to SCD; 2-2 tie to Alter
Fenwick: 1-3 L to SCD; 0-0 tie to Alter
CHCA: 1-4 L to SCD; 0-0 tie to Alter

I think that D2 is wide open from here on out and will be tough for most.

Has less to do with what division SCD is in and more on the talent level. Last years team would have run through D2. This years team not running through any division.

Has less to do with what division SCD is in and more on the talent level. Last years team would have run through D2. This years team not running through any division.

Agreed.With how open D2 seems to be this year, it'll be interesting to see who catches fire and makes a run.

Final point I'll make on the SCD topic on this thread. They just beat the undefeated 4th ranked D2 team in the state tonight, so that point about collapsing under D2 pressure can be put to bed.

Have you even followed Summit? New Challenges for the staff?

Dude come on...

Have you seen the non conference schedule that they have played the last 5 years? And the success they have had, many times without the "big" club studs. This year was a fight for them not because of the conference change but just the overall changes.

Congrats to them on last nights win. And Mr. Potato you gotta get a clue.

I think last years State Champs in D2 would have had something to say about that.

They were 22-0-1 and outscored their opposition 102-8 throughout the year and didn't give up a Goal in Tournament play.
Their schedule overall was much tougher than SCD as they never even played a D3 team all year and as usual scheduled many OCC D1 teams and several D2 teams who have won multiple D2 Championship.

When their 5x State Championship 4 Coaching 1 on the Field HOF to be Coach
says it was the best team in School History from a program with 7 overall Titles
I highly doubt SCD was going to run through them. LMAO

And that was with Hector Gomez missing a great deal of the last few games.

And until someone takes them out this year they will remain the team to beat. Every goal scored i believe in the State Semi Final and Final game was scored by a underclassman last year.
So yeah they'er a little battle tested.

Can they be beat sure at this juncture of the season even Iggy can be had if things fall right.
And they had a awful 3 game stretch were they lost 3 in a row. So we will see.

I think last years State Champs in D2 would have had something to say about that.

They were 22-0-1 and outscored their opposition 102-8 throughout the year and didn't give up a Goal in Tournament play.
Their schedule overall was much tougher than SCD as they never even played a D3 team all year and as usual scheduled many OCC D1 teams and several D2 teams who have won multiple D2 Championship.

says it was the best team in School History from a program with 7 overall Titles

And until someone takes them out this year they will remain the team to beat. Every goal scored i believe in the State Semi Final and Final game was scored by a underclassman last year.

Can they be beat sure at this juncture of the season even Iggy can be had if things fall right.
Well we can find out more on Wednesday

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

At least your feelings about Iggy being beat was accurate, cause you got the sfd/scd prediction wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Once again private schools have 3 teams playing in the 3 finals. Competitive balance seems to be working.

D2

Just wanted to go back and re-read this.

Congrats to those boys and coaches from Summit. Wow!

All of this post game rehashing reminds me of my favorite holiday of "Festivus" - this must be the airing of grievances. I can't wait for the feats of strength.

Just wanted to go back and re-read this.

Congrats to those boys and coaches from Summit. Wow!

Wow is right! I knew some of their players and coaches were going to read my analysis. They had a sub-par regular season, so I just wanted to give them something to prove for the post-season. They have silenced the true doubters/haters once again. Glad I was able to turn their season around for them! Best of luck to them tomorrow!