Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

Agreed, lol. No week 1 revelations. On paper I guess you could say Jackson had the most impressive win, then possibly Hoover. The Perry back is a load (albeit vs. a D5) but if I'm Hoover and saw CCC throw for 300 and put up 26 I feel alright.

1. Hoover
2. Perry
3. Lake
4. Mckinley
5. Jackson

I've decided not to partake ranking Massillon. Just want to make playoffs then take care of business. I'm more interested in watching the above play out, at least till later in the season.
Especially after that article say g how Perry might not sling it around the yard but they can defend it.

I have been watching stark county football forever - I have NEVER seen a Running Back in Stark County EVER that weighs 240 lbs! - and yes, our Kids were rocking heads the whole game too!

Hats off to this young man because he has a Great Future and just the coach to learn all aspects of Football!

Note: I think the only other Big Backs like that in Stark County I can remember is Jahmar Martin for Pups in 97...

And another Pup named Marion Motley back in late thirties!

Our '97 National Championship team had future Dallas Cowboy fullback Jamar Martin who was 6'0 244.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Our '97 National Championship team had future Dallas Cowboy fullback Jamar Martin who was 6'0 244.

You just made a bunch of Perry fans pee a little, lol. Martin was a GREAT fb and lb, hs college to pro. If he's all that sky's the limit in P-town.

Btw not the only times I've seen a 240# rb, we've faced several over the years from fair, to good, to great. He could end up being pretty special though.

Would you have the same opinion if Massillon had beaten a division 5 team while giving up 26 points to that division 5 team?
It would depend on the division 5 team.

Not sure why people confuse division for quality. Central has a solid program. Maybe they'll have a quality team this year maybe they won't...their division is irrelevant.

It would depend on the division 5 team.

Not sure why people confuse division for quality. Central has a solid program. Maybe they'll have a quality team this year maybe they won't...their division is irrelevant.
So are you saying that had Massillon beat CCC 42-26, you would think that Massillon was all that?

Canton McKinley 32 Warren Harding 27

McKinley's 1st team All-State RB ran for 245 yards and 3 TD's and there QB ran for 114 yards.

Warren could only run for 81 yards.But there QB was 22/39 for 341 yards.

Bears really impressed me. The common wisdom is that Budd outcoached Hayes (which is true) with less talent than the Dragons. But this Jackson team has a ton of talent at the skill positions and Jake Ryan might be the best all around football player in the county. Looking forward to seeing where this team goes from here.
Go Bears

You just made a bunch of Perry fans pee a little, lol. Martin was a GREAT fb and lb, hs college to pro. If he's all that sky's the limit in P-town.

Btw not the only times I've seen a 240# rb, we've faced several over the years from fair, to good, to great. He could end up being pretty special though.

Dion Cundiff is very good @ this level. You have to hit him ankle low and wrap up or it's bye-byes. Perry has a tremendous backfield this year and a good line to open holes. Looks like a bumper year for Stark County football.
JJ
I don’t remember the 97 national championship game. Who did McKinley play that day for the win? Advise
McKinley went undefeated, defeated nationally ranked Cincinnati Moeller in the Division One State Championship game, something your Massillon teams have never done, ever, to be named National Champion by USA Today, another thing Masillon will never achieve. But keep trolling with yet another of your no-life multiple screen names. This is the fake GlenOak one brought out just in time for the GlenOak - Mass game. My God you people are pathetic.

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE

Dion Cundiff is very good @ this level. You have to hit him ankle low and wrap up or it's bye-byes. Perry has a tremendous backfield this year and a good line to open holes. Looks like a bumper year for Stark County football.

McKinley went undefeated, defeated nationally ranked Cincinnati Moeller in the Division One State Championship game, something your Massillon teams have never done, ever, to be named National Champion by USA Today, another thing Masillon will never achieve. But keep trolling with yet another of your no-life multiple screen names. This is the fake GlenOak one brought out just in time for the GlenOak - Mass game. My God you people are pathetic.

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE
The key there....you said...."in the Division one STATE Championship game." No national tournament....no national title....sorry, I don't make the rules.

The key there....you said...."in the Division one STATE Championship game." No national tournament....no national title....sorry, I don't make the rules.

You don't make the rules because USA TODAY does. And USA TODAY crowned Canton McKinley, not Massillon ever, as National Champion that year based on their criteria, a criteria your jealous program hasn't, nor ever will achieve. There, I've answered two of your fake personas in a row! :)

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION .

Last edited:
I think a unicorn and a leprechaun who were Co editors or the "Universe Daily" paper also crowned McKinley as champions of the universe that year. The tooth fairy, Santa Clause and Big Foot all split a fare on a ubered space ship and went to the game on Pluto. (Pluto was later demoted from being a planet due to the part they played in this whole fiasco.)
That’s really funny. Like Archie Bunker level stuff right there. Get back to talking about the boys playing ball. Nobody cares about a USA Today poll from 22 years ago. It was a major honor for sure but I’m sure the Bulldogs are more proud of the state championship they won on the field than a paper title. At any rate Massillon is the best team in Stark County this year and I don’t think there is any denying that.

The biggest improvements come between weeks one and two, so analysis based upon week one is always going to be sketchy @ best. In the case of teams with new coaches like ours, its usually best to wait longer before trying to evaluate the level of quality. St. Edward lost their first game last year and ended up rolling to another State Championship. They lost their first game last week, gave up over 300 yards on the ground to Mentor, but i wouldnt bet against them come playoff time, either.

Jackson beats a D3 perennial 5-5 team (recently they've been a 7-3 type of team).

Perry beats a d5 who actually hung with them for a over 3 qtrs. And out toughed them for 4.

Hoover beat a D3 team who is famous for making critical mistakes down the stretch to hurt themselves.

McKinley beat a D2 team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

Green beat a Firestone team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

And GlenOak is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my 2 called weak.

My point, I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.

Jackson beats a D3 perennial 5-5 team (recently they've been a 7-3 type of team).

Perry beats a d5 who actually hung with them for a over 3 qtrs. And out toughed them for 4.

Hoover beat a D3 team who is famous for making critical mistakes down the stretch to hurt themselves.

McKinley beat a D2 team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

Green beat a Firestone team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

And GlenOak is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my 2 called weak.

My point, I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.
But, the point that comes from your post is that you're obsessed with the Federal League.

#wannabe

I think a unicorn and a leprechaun who were Co editors or the "Universe Daily" paper also crowned McKinley as champions of the universe that year. The tooth fairy, Santa Clause and Big Foot all split a fare on a ubered space ship and went to the game on Pluto. (Pluto was later demoted from being a planet due to the part they played in this whole fiasco.)

Glad you finally agree Massillon has no real State Championships: Mission Accomplished!

LMFA, don't Forget the Easter bunny.