Stage Right

Belly35

Big fan of Broadway Productions, enjoy the musicals.

The wife and have seen most of the more popular stage musical Broadway production. Visited Chicago last week and was able to see Hamilton.

For you Philistines I would suggestion for all musicals review the music first, become familiar with the words.

Hamilton …. very good and would suggest see it. If it comes to Cleveland, I would see it again.

Anyone else seen Hamilton?

Lol. I must be a Philistine, because I've only seen a couple of major-company productions. Hamilton wasn't one of them.

Mrs. Zunardo and I went to see "Motown: The Musical" in NYC as part of an anniversary trip five years ago. I remember cringing at the ticket price (and it was one of the cheaper shows to see there!), but it was very good.

Last November I made a pilgrimage to the Ohio Theater to see "A Christmas Carol" live on stage, always wanted to do that. And we saw The Nutcracker ballet there some 20 years ago.

As far as high school productions, we've seen about 20 popular musicals at our local high school. "Barnum" is the probably the most modern of them.

Last edited:
Big fan of Broadway Productions, enjoy the musicals.

The wife and have seen most of the more popular stage musical Broadway production. Visited Chicago last week and was able to see Hamilton.

For you Philistines I would suggestion for all musicals review the music first, become familiar with the words.

Hamilton …. very good and would suggest see it. If it comes to Cleveland, I would see it again.

Anyone else seen Hamilton?

I'm not a Philistine, I've seen Alice Cooper twice.

I'm not a Philistine, I've seen Alice Cooper twice.

Alice Cooper did King Herod in a Jesus Christ Superstar production is that the one you're talking about. If not then you are a Philistine.
I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in 1970... little high but still great performance.

Alice Cooper did King Herod in a Jesus Christ Superstar production is that the one you're talking about. If not then you are a Philistine.
I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in 1970... little high but still great performance.

Nope, just his normal rock and roll theatrics.
Does trans Siberian orchestra count, if I also stayed at a holiday in express?

Love me some musical theater; seen a lot of Broadway shows over the years including many in NYC. One things folks don't realize are the theaters on Broadway are much smaller than the "barns" outside of Manhattan, much cooler seeing live theater in such an intimate setting. On the negative it does drive up ticket prices for the hot shows. I have not had a chance to see Hamilton but the notices have been universally stellar, I will get around to it someday. In the mean time CLE is very high in the pecking order of traveling shows and after Chicago, LA and San Francisco they tend to get the best stuff earlier than many town much bigger because of the strength of the facilities in Playhouse Sq. Commercially they have a big season planned for 2019-20 with early out of NYC runs of Summer, Mean Girls, and Frozen; artistically it's only so/so with The Band's Visit and Lincoln Center's recent adaption of My Fair Lady headlining the offering.

For those in Cincy go see Come From Away, its running 9/17-29; dynamic show that sold out its run in CLE over the summer. Kind of interesting plot about the town of Gander in Newfoundland when they took in all the international flights diverted due to 9/11. Weird premise but it works and it is well worth the $s.

As far as high school productions, we've seen about 20 popular musicals at our local high school. "Barnum" is the probably the most modern of them.

Barnum would be the first broadway type play of anytype I'd seen. Some girl at college got tickets from the Profs she baby sat for and her boyfriend couldn't go. Mistake on his part. Anyhow, my eyes opened. I'd never seen that type of entertainment and was amazed.

Only seen a few now. Saw one in that Cleveland Playhouse. Really look forward to going there again. Terrific setting, makes you feel rich even in the balcony. 42nd St at Chicago. Saw Oliver in King's Theatre Glascow, one of those NYC type theatres described above. More up than wide. Cooly ornate. I think I was in the fifth balcony for 5 or ten lbs.
77-20170107224104.jpeg