St. Xavier loses 3-2 to Indian Hill

Tennis Coach

Must have been a great match in Cincy yesterday. Division 1 and defending state champions X lost two tough three setters at first and second doubles to give the match to Indian Hill. Both of these teams are ranked 1 in they're respected state polls. I also heard from a parent in cincy that St X is ranked number 4 in the country. They supposedly won a tourney that had them ranked Number 1 in the midwest. Anybody confirm this? And did anyone see this match, if you did i'd like some details.

i didnt see it, but i did see flight A play INCLUDING bandy v devon mccarthy and shankar v andy mccarthy. Of course shankar lost although he did play out of his mind that tournament, and devon beat bandy in a close match. By the way did bandy or shankar play 1 yesterday>?

IH stacked down. They moved devon down to 1st doubles instead of playing him 2 singles, so bandy and john g. dominated the 2nd and 3rd doubles. It was a good match though. and yes x is 4th in the nation and best in the midwest after a tourney.

that is not stacking. by what you are saying if any team wanted to put their two singles at doubles it would be stacking...yeah right dude come on. billy was injured so he played two dubs because he cant run. good match from scores tho.

here's the lineup

McCarthy beat Ramaswmy 0 and 2. Bandy(x) beat doyle 4 and 1. Gaffney(x) beat Taneja 2 and 2. Devin McCarthy and Mahalingam beat Drosick and Pretorious. 5-7,7-6,7-5. I was told that X had three match points in the tiebreak. And Strunk and Vandershuren(sp?) beat Fassler and sena 4-6,6-4,6-3. Wish i could have seen those doubles matches it must have been intense.

dude no matter how you look at it its a stack. or adjusting your lineup to your advantage. i would have liked to see what would have happened if IH played them straight up. that would have been even better. thats just my opinion, if strunk wasnt injured and played with vinod (that would have been a stack too but just for the sake of argument), that would have been a great match too