St. Ignatius priest has been placed administrative leave

Yeah, I'll let the consistent fans get back to talking Elder football. All 3 of them.

Do you ever ask yourself why this Board has been dead for about 5 years and not even close to what it used to be? It's because everyone else already knows what I'm talking about.

You are the remaining morons still on the boat. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm out. For real this time. My "trolling" is hereby done. See you in D2. I'll be the guy laughing. There's nothing left to say. Learn the hard way. Have fun.

Trolling is done and ing continues, real shocker! This is not the Elder Football thread dumba**! D2 days arrive I got 100$ says you won’t be laughing, but still B!itching!!

Trolling is done and ing continues, real shocker! This is not the Elder Football thread dumba**! D2 days arrive I got 100$ says you won’t be laughing, but still B!itching!!

It’s clear he and Iron Maiden/Re Load have an agenda to smear Elder. They try to hide it by deflecting and accusing Elder fans of being thin skinned and unable to take criticism. That’s partially true, but none of that has anything to do with this disgusting mess.

There’s not an Elder Grad out there who doesn’t want to skin this creep alive for the damage he’s done to the victims and the school.

I attended the meeting at St. Ignatius on Sunday. Archbishop Schnurr said he was going to meet with the Apostolic Nuncio in Washington today (Wednesday) to discuss this and other matters.

Schnurr and others from the Archdiocese also said they’ve already sent all the documentation they have on Geoff Drew to the nunciature who will then forward everything to the Vatican. Reading between the lines, I assume this is the beginning of the process of lacizing Geoff Drew along with investigating the inaction of Bishop Binzer and/or Archbishop Schnurr.

Last edited:
The judge kept Drew's bond at $5 million today when his attorney petitioned for it to be reduced. Despite his low theoretical flight risk, there is no way this is going to happen to an accused sex offender.

The article has this excerpt:

'Deters described the victim’s grand jury testimony as compelling, convincing and emotional.

The same day Drew was indicted, his attorney wrote in court records, “the head prosecutor went on the radio giving detailed information regarding the charges, the grand jury testimony, robbed Mr. Drew of a presumption of innocence, tainted the jury pool and essentially attempted to try this case in the media market. The law on bail is well-established: no court may set excessive bail in any non-capital felony case."'

Despite my intolerance for Drew, his alleged crimes, and the officials who enabled him, these are solid points. It's probably bad luck for Drew that his accuser is a cop. A cop's grand jury testimony should have no more bearing than an ordinary citizen's...but you know it does.

The second point about Deters running his mouth to the media is an actual problem. I know there is pressure to debrief the community, but does it trump constitutional protections? It is often true that those accused of these crimes are presumed guilty until proven innocent, but I can't imagine a Dream Team of competent lawyers not successfully arguing that Deters did indeed taint the jury pool and tinker with Drew's right to a presumption of innocence. It pains me to say these things about such heinous crimes, but it's true...

The judge kept Drew's bond at $5 million today when his attorney petitioned for it to be reduced. Despite his low theoretical flight risk, there is no way this is going to happen to an accused sex offender.

The article has this excerpt:

'Deters described the victim’s grand jury testimony as compelling, convincing and emotional.

The same day Drew was indicted, his attorney wrote in court records, “the head prosecutor went on the radio giving detailed information regarding the charges, the grand jury testimony, robbed Mr. Drew of a presumption of innocence, tainted the jury pool and essentially attempted to try this case in the media market. The law on bail is well-established: no court may set excessive bail in any non-capital felony case."'

Despite my intolerance for Drew, his alleged crimes, and the officials who enabled him, these are solid points. It's probably bad luck for Drew that his accuser is a cop. A cop's grand jury testimony should have no more bearing than an ordinary citizen's...but you know it does.

The second point about Deters running his mouth to the media is an actual problem. I know there is pressure to debrief the community, but does it trump constitutional protections? It is often true that those accused of these crimes are presumed guilty until proven innocent, but I can't imagine a Dream Team of competent lawyers not successfully arguing that Deters did indeed taint the jury pool and tinker with Drew's right to a presumption of innocence. It pains me to say these things about such heinous crimes, but it's true...

Great article and post. Prosecutors are put in a tough spot on a number of cases where the Community wants to know some facts on the situation. Prosecutor talks, could taint jury pool or violate defendants right to a fair trial. Prosecutor doesn’t talk and everyone thinks they are hiding something or giving that defendant special treatment. No doubt most of our society has gone to Guilty until proven Innocent mindset. Fair jurors that will follow the law are getting harder and harder to find in my opinion.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

It'll be interesting moving forward to see if the Vatican orders a full on-site investigation by an outside bishop like they did in Buffalo.

The Vatican and the archdiocese are the most evil organizations in the history of mankind. Individual Parishes and the good that they do is the only thing that keeps my faith strong. The fact that the Catholic Church has survived to the point it has today are a testament to the everyday lay people that want it to survive and thrive. The message is there and genuine, the institution Is completely flawed and led by flawed humans.....

The case must have been very strong. I am fine if they max this guy out. It is too bad Binzer allowed himself to be rapped up in this. I really liked that guy.

it's a 7 year prison term due to the plea deal. (I'm guessing the 2 years served will be included and it will be 5?)

This is despicable for a prosecutor that claims to be hard on crime. Shameful behavior from Deters' office, especially when the judge stated that she was ready to lock him up for life.

Seriously 7 years (really 5) for 9 counts of rape?? That's just over 6 months prison per rape, let that sink in for a minute.

Unbelievable that this is where we are right now that prosecutors give plea deals to child rapists.