St. Ignatius defeats nation's #1 Peoria (IL) Notre Dame

bluengold

As reported in another thread, in a match between 2 top nationally ranked teams (per Top Drawer Soccer), St. Ignatius (#3) defeats Peoria Notre Dame (#1), 2-0 in Peoria IL last night

The match featured 4 pre-season All-Americans Matthew McLauglin and Kyle Folds of St. Ignatius -and- Noah Madrigal and Myles Sophanavong of Notre Dame

Article

the environment in Peoria:

Facebook provides game highlights

Thanks for all the info. Like the article said, the atmosphere for the game, from the film clip, seemed electric. As for the comment about the niceness of the people in Peoria, all I can say that as you go farther from each coast, the residents become more friendly and nicer. As for Peoria, I believe that was the home town of Jim Thome, so it's gotta be a good place. As for the game today, I predict a victory for St. Ignatius (though I doubt the wisdom of scheduling two games within 24 hours).

Thanks for all the info. Like the article said, the atmosphere for the game, from the film clip, seemed electric. As for the comment about the niceness of the people in Peoria, all I can say that as you go farther from each coast, the residents become more friendly and nicer. As for Peoria, I believe that was the home town of Jim Thome, so it's gotta be a good place. As for the game today, I predict a victory for St. Ignatius (though I doubt the wisdom of scheduling two games within 24 hours).

You're right about the scheduling.
After the night game with St. Benedict's, the Cats played less than 24 hours later against Ohio's #8 team Columbus St. Charles and tied 0-0. The energy did not appear to be there. For today, the Cats play Chicago's St. Ignatius Prep with a 7-2-1 record. Not an easy match after a drive up from Peoria

Final today - Cats 3 Chicago St. Ignatius College Prep 0

Last edited: