St. Edward 2023-24

How is this score even possible? I know SPG lost the head coach snd have been working on a new coach, but they are the D2 favorite as has been for the last 20 years?

How is this score even possible? I know SPG lost the head coach snd have been working on a new coach, but they are the D2 favorite as has been for the last 20 years?
They forfeited 3 weights, 144, 150, and 157 for one. Would have really liked to see Tucker vs Bennett at 144. They have some holes in their lineup at 113 and 120, elsewhere also, but those 2 especially were always going to be Tech/Pins vs Ed’s. They start 3 or 4 freshman who are solid but not ready for Ed’s. Krieger at 132 and Hoke at 215 have exceeded my expectations coming into the year, Demarco at 126 has been solid but I thought he was going to be better.

It’s definitely a down year for them, they’re the favorite but it’s not impossible for Desales to beat them. They lose Cramblett, Jacks, and Hughes this year, but have one of their better and deeper incoming classes in a while if everyone goes to Graham who I’m guessing does. That should help them slowly get better over the next few years.

Last edited:
It's very possible and they would have lost worse in the late 90's era. The "transfer" engine will not be the same without high profile campers transferring in.

Eds looked solid on Saturday. Obviously 1 loss to SPG no matter who is in their lineup is a great achievement. A bit worrisome that T. Miller handled Crumblett at last year's dual with ease but on Saturday couldn't get anything going.

Onto the State Dual District Qualifiers.

I miss the old days when the St. Edward thread was filled with alumni posting every other day. Now, this thread has turned into a cornucopia of wresting topics from other schools, fans that don’t think highly of the eagles, etc.

Very few old-timer Ed’s fans post here anymore? Wonder what changed?

I miss the old days when the St. Edward thread was filled with alumni posting every other day. Now, this thread has turned into a cornucopia of wresting topics from other schools, fans that don’t think highly of the eagles, etc.

Very few old-timer Ed’s fans post here anymore? Wonder what changed?
I’m not sure. Like you, I read what is posted and most of the time the post isn’t about the Eagles!

Some names you will see very soon!
I think Goldberg and Driscoll start next year, don't think either really wrestled Green Team.

Pirkel may be the only one from the mentioned article to be on the Gold Team consistently nest season.

I think Goldberg and Driscoll start next year, don't think either really wrestled Green Team.

Pirkel may be the only one from the mentioned article to be on the Gold Team consistently nest season.
Not so fast! I will post the line up after the season is over. I agree with Goldberg and Pirkel. Just a little preview to my post next week, I think you will be surprised who does and doesn't wrestle next year.

Not so fast! I will post the line up after the season is over. I agree with Goldberg and Pirkel. Just a little preview to my post next week, I think you will be surprised who does and doesn't wrestle next year.
Looking forward to it.

Can definitely see Eaton and Gregory focusing on football after their senior season ends. Hope Waugh comes back for his senior season to man one of the upperweights.

If driscoll wasn't injured he prob would of made it this year. With the amount of middle class weight graduating seniors in D1.. I'd go as far to say driscoll could win a state championship if he ends up a different weight than woodcock (assuming 144-157 range).
In return...Makes me think they (eds) may be better if they can be healthy(goldberg/driscoll injured most of the year)....Pirkel, Goldberg, Driscoll & Eaton in the middle, Brown, Mazur, Timar, Manns? in light middle....Good chance two top 106/113 freshman are in bound. Do they have anyone else ready to help spread out the top is the question to compete with Brecksville and MP?
Never seen Driscoll wrestle but would be surprised if healthy he'd take Eaton's spot, I know he has a bright future though. Lets respect his finish as state runner-up last year.

I like Goldberg, but don't think he would have cracked the final lineup if healthy. I see him being another O'brien next year- A solid 150# wrestler who should give you a 3-5 finish at the state tournament.

Always excited to see Boros post on JR high kids and the high schools the are attending the following year, would think Eds usually grabs 1-2 of the lower weight studs.

Looking forward to it.

Can definitely see Eaton and Gregory focusing on football after their senior season ends. Hope Waugh comes back for his senior season to man one of the upperweights.
Right on the money. I think Gregory will be back. My guess early Jan. (depending on football) Eaton however might just focus on football. The 157/165 will be covered. I don't agree with Driscoll making the line up full time. At least as of today. Let's take care of business this weekend and then worry about 24-25. We will have 8 months to argue over the line up. I think the line up is just about set. The only thing will be who goes where from 44-65. Pirkl and Goldberg will man two spots. That leaves two spots for 4 kids. 44/50

Eagles just 3 points away from the scoring record. Congrats to all, especially the Seniors......Onto next year!