St. Edward 2022-23

Timar cant beat Rohr if Rohr comes there. Also Butler posted online he was 130lb 1 week after state, showed a pic of the scale so he is big enough for 126, he has a big frame to fill out. If anyone is transferring send them over we have room and its a short commute.
Why can't timar beat rohr? Timar has a pretty good resume and high school experience. To flat out say timar can't win is ignorant. Will it be a good wrestle off? Yes. Both kids are good and 106 will be exciting to watch.

Depending on what manns goes either 6 or 13 that could be another set of high level wrestling just to make the lineup at 6 just like this year. Butler is used to cutting a lot of weight so I see him going 20 more than 26 and plus that will open up the line up more for guys like brown or Sanderfer to go 26 if they choose.
Butler could be the odd man out, his size helped him immensely in a relatively weak 106 field. They likely will find a way to get him in the line up though.
Why can't timar beat rohr? Timar has a pretty good resume and high school experience. To flat out say timar can't win is ignorant. Will it be a good wrestle off? Yes. Both kids are good and 106 will be exciting to watch.
True stranger things have happened.

Butler could be the odd man out, his size helped him immensely in a relatively weak 106 field. They likely will find a way to get him in the line up though.

True stranger things have happened.
I mean I would hope they would get him in the lineup lol if someone pins there way to finals at states their obviously valuable. But 106 will be exciting to see at things play out and we see who is going where.

And from the looks of Boro’s JH Placer thread, both former JH State champ Timothy Mazur and former JH State Finalist Karson Brown(Kade’s brother?) are going to be freshman at St Ed’s next year. That’s going to be a dogfight for 106, I just hope one of the 4 can grow into a 113

And from the looks of Boro’s JH Placer thread, both former JH State champ Timothy Mazur and former JH State Finalist Karson Brown(Kade’s brother?) are going to be freshman at St Ed’s next year. That’s going to be a dogfight for 106, I just hope one of the 4 can grow into a 113
Divided I don't think you are going to have to worry. It will all work itself out. Always does.

Yeah I believe it’s his brother and that makes it a real dogfight for the spot.

How did St. Ed's B Team (Black) do this year?

How many matches did the wrestlers on this team get?
nweber@sehs.net

Five Eagles in their St. Edward Green-team matches only made it to 20 wins this season, led by freshman Ethan Timar’s 29-1 record.

Wrestling 106, Timar had such a good Green season that he was promoted to the Gold team for the Ohio Duals, starting off the championship bout with an exciting overtime win, helping the Eagles to a 54-9 title victory against Brecksville-Broadview Heights.

Freshman Joseph Sanderfer led the Greens in wins with 30, posting a 30-11 record. Others with 20 wins were junior Matt Durbin (27-8), freshman Nate Gregory (20-3), and freshman Khimari Manns (24-4).

The Green Eagles had others with only one loss in addition to Timar: freshman Caiden Pirkel (15-1), freshman Jack Kline (9-1), and junior Patrick Androsik (7-1).

Gold wrestlers who wrestled some Green matches include senior Chance Robinson (3-0), junior Michael Kilbane (2-0), sophomore Jonny Slaper (1-1), freshman Bradley Eaton (5-0), freshman Jared Goldberg (3-0), freshman twins Ty Miller (5-0), and J.R. Miller (3-0). Thus, Gold wrestlers wrestling Green put together a 22-1 record.

Others with fine seasons in their Green matches only include freshman Andrew Henderson (10-3), sophomore Lucan O’Brien (19-5), sophomore Troy Regovich (15-4), junior Elhaji Niang (17-9), sophomore Josh Groudle (11-5), sophomore Dan Tome (8-2), Colton Fee (10-6), freshman Jack Lentz (18-3), freshman Brendan Schlegel (2-0), and freshman Behlen Waugh (9-4).

Sanderfer led with 21 bonus-point wins. Tops at pins with 19 was Timar. Sanderfer had the most technical falls with five.

Groudle had six major decisions. Manns led with 75 takedowns.

Timar led with three tournament championships.

So to recap St Ed’s takes 13 to NHSCAs, 6 place. Pretty impressive showing, and taking 13 there in the first place is a good thing imo

JR Miller -1st at 170
Johnny Slaper - 2nd at 195
Brad Eaton - 4th at 138
Ty Miller - 5th at 160
Zach Delsanter -6th at 195
Andrew Henderson - 7th at 285

nweber@sehs.net

Five Eagles in their St. Edward Green-team matches only made it to 20 wins this season, led by freshman Ethan Timar’s 29-1 record.

Wrestling 106, Timar had such a good Green season that he was promoted to the Gold team for the Ohio Duals, starting off the championship bout with an exciting overtime win, helping the Eagles to a 54-9 title victory against Brecksville-Broadview Heights.

Freshman Joseph Sanderfer led the Greens in wins with 30, posting a 30-11 record. Others with 20 wins were junior Matt Durbin (27-8), freshman Nate Gregory (20-3), and freshman Khimari Manns (24-4).

The Green Eagles had others with only one loss in addition to Timar: freshman Caiden Pirkel (15-1), freshman Jack Kline (9-1), and junior Patrick Androsik (7-1).

Gold wrestlers who wrestled some Green matches include senior Chance Robinson (3-0), junior Michael Kilbane (2-0), sophomore Jonny Slaper (1-1), freshman Bradley Eaton (5-0), freshman Jared Goldberg (3-0), freshman twins Ty Miller (5-0), and J.R. Miller (3-0). Thus, Gold wrestlers wrestling Green put together a 22-1 record.

Others with fine seasons in their Green matches only include freshman Andrew Henderson (10-3), sophomore Lucan O’Brien (19-5), sophomore Troy Regovich (15-4), junior Elhaji Niang (17-9), sophomore Josh Groudle (11-5), sophomore Dan Tome (8-2), Colton Fee (10-6), freshman Jack Lentz (18-3), freshman Brendan Schlegel (2-0), and freshman Behlen Waugh (9-4).

Sanderfer led with 21 bonus-point wins. Tops at pins with 19 was Timar. Sanderfer had the most technical falls with five.

Groudle had six major decisions. Manns led with 75 takedowns.

Timar led with three tournament championships.

Great recap. I was surprised to see Timar go 1-2 at Freshman Nationals after having such a great season and defeating Stanley in OT. Who did Slaper lose too while wrestling on the Green team?

I wonder how close Nate Gregory is to being a starter on the Gold team, perhaps he pushes Slaper and/or Delsnater next season.

Androsik started as a freshman, (1-2 at state) I will be interested to see if he pushes Goldberg at 138 next year or if he may decide to move up to 150 which seems wide open- Assuming Hopkins is there (2-2 at districts this year) and Eaton goes to 144.

Here is a list of the best wins for some of the notable St. Edward "reserves"

106: Timar (9) beat D1 State Placer (4th) Stanley (Brecksville), 4-2, at state duals.
113: Manns (9) beat D1 SQ Thamman (Elder), 4-3, at CIT
120: Sanderfer (9) beat D1 SQ Valerino (Avon Lake) three times. Twice by pin and once by tech.
126: Pirkel (9) beat D2 State Placer (8th) Semedo (Cleveland CC), via pin, at CIT.
132: O'Brien (10) beat D1 SQ's Daugherty (Avon) and Moore (Hilliard Davidson) at Marion Harding.
132: Androsik (10) beat 2x D1 SQ Magness (Elder), 5-4, at CIT.
215: Gregory (9) beat D3 State Placer (3rd) Mesaros (Ravenna SE), via pin, at Medina Buckeye.
285: Regovich (10) beat D3 State Placer (6th) Shoup (Mapleton), 3-0, at Marion Harding.

Boro, I saw your latest article that Perrysburg returns more points next season that Ed's does.

Obviously this past season the D1 state dual and overall title were up for grabs with Perrysburg coming up just short for both. With whom each team is returning, do you think Perrysburg has an even better chance to dethrone the Eagles or will Eds start to pull away a bit more?

Boro, I saw your latest article that Perrysburg returns more points next season that Ed's does.

Obviously this past season the D1 state dual and overall title were up for grabs with Perrysburg coming up just short for both. With whom each team is returning, do you think Perrysburg has an even better chance to dethrone the Eagles or will Eds start to pull away a bit more?
Not saying they will place any higher than 3rd, but I believe Wadsworth is returning the best team they've had since the 2010 State Champs. A lot of talent if they can separate to different wt. classes.

Not saying they will place any higher than 3rd, but I believe Wadsworth is returning the best team they've had since the 2010 State Champs. A lot of talent if they can separate to different wt. classes.
I agree Perrysburg and Wadsworth will both be in the hunt for a title. Ed's will have yet again a very young team. Two more incoming to the already very young line up. A lot is going to happen before next March. But always fun to talk about.

Great recap. I was surprised to see Timar go 1-2 at Freshman Nationals after having such a great season and defeating Stanley in OT. Who did Slaper lose too while wrestling on the Green team?

I wonder how close Nate Gregory is to being a starter on the Gold team, perhaps he pushes Slaper and/or Delsnater next season.

Androsik started as a freshman, (1-2 at state) I will be interested to see if he pushes Goldberg at 138 next year or if he may decide to move up to 150 which seems wide open- Assuming Hopkins is there (2-2 at districts this year) and Eaton goes to 144.
Eaton is the perfect size for 138.

Gregory will have a tough time next year. IMO his junior year will be a better possibility.

Wadsworth and Perrysburg will be good next year but do not forget about Brecksville, specifically if Herman comes back. Don't sleep on Perry either, especially when you find out that's where the Rohr's end up!

Wadsworth and Perrysburg will be good next year but do not forget about Brecksville, specifically if Herman comes back. Don't sleep on Perry either, especially when you find out that's where the Rohr's end up!
Would really like to hear some way early projections on the lineups for Wadsworth. Brecksville, and Perry. I know it's tough to do with kids growing but maybe people close to the programs could give it a shot.

Would really like to hear some way early projections on the lineups for Wadsworth. Brecksville, and Perry. I know it's tough to do with kids growing but maybe people close to the programs could give it a shot.
Franz 106. Mellon 113 will be the new guys

That was my thinking. I wonder what weights Earnest and Jake Keirn will end up wrestling next season? Won't Dinwiddie be at 113?
I am probably way off, but here is my guess

106: Frantz
113: Dinwiddie
120: Ko.Mellon
126: Joy
132: Ka.Mellon
138: ???
144: Myers
150: Humphrys
157: Keirn
165: Earnest
175: Schaefer
190: Grimm
215: Blackburn
285: Ries

I can see Joy and Ka.Mellon being up a weight.

My guess for Brecksville…I am probably way off here as well

106: Haffner
113: Stanley
120: Ca.Pluhar
126: J.Jett
132: K.Jett
138: Ch.Pluhar
144: Herman
150: Zambounis
157: Nauer
165: Gallo
175: Rizzo
190: L.Vanadia
215: M.Vanadia
285: German

The back half could look very differently. Ideally, Brecksville would probably be better off with Gallo, Rizzo, L.Vanadia and McPherson from 157 thru 190 but I am not quite sure if L.Vanadia or McPherson will be able to make 175.

Last edited: