St. Edward 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, definitely got the same sense you did. Thomas Aden is another I know is in the mix at OL fwiw, from what I could see at least.
Aden is definitely a guy who can contribute on both sides of the ball. There should be solid depth on the d-line this year.

The Eagles will use their D to win games early in the 2019 season as it looks to replace its three (3) productive playmakers on O from 2018 or QB, RB, and WR. It will be important to get at least one win in its first two games to avoid starting 0-2 again. I am looking forward to an enjoyable season...Go Eagles!

Anyone get a chance to watch any of the summer camp/practices in the last week? Any thoughts? Heard the D was flying around, as expected..

I can barely compile who I think are the top ten teams in Ohio. Not sure how these national rankings get sorted out in the preseason. Regardless, 13th seems way too high given the offensive production we lost to graduation. And on a national landscape these days, the teams at the top are immensely more talented than what we see even out of the top Ohio private programs.

Beat me to it... Was just coming on here to post this.

Sounds like he worked both CB and S today. 6-2, extremely athletic, thought would see him at wideout but this could be interesting. Pappas getting more toys to play with.

Not sure if you noticed the comment from Meechie Terry, but he replied that he regretted not playing football last year. Another one I would have loved to see on the gridiron. God knows he had the attitude for it.

Not sure if you noticed the comment from Meechie Terry, but he replied that he regretted not playing football last year. Another one I would have loved to see on the gridiron. God knows he had the attitude for it.

Wow, missed that. Sure Lombardo could've found a spot for that speed and unreal vert...

So Twitter is blocked at my office....Who is the basketball player that is playing football this year???

Montorie Foster, PG on the basketball team.

This is the pic Matt had in his tweet from practice.

EA5bJbYXoAI1GSV

Prayers for Quintel Kent

How unfortunate. Hopefully the issue is one that can be addressed and not impact other aspects of his life.

I'm sure it happens to athletes from every school but it seems that a disproportionate number of our young men are snakebit once they get to college.

How unfortunate. Hopefully the issue is one that can be addressed and not impact other aspects of his life.

I'm sure it happens to athletes from every school but it seems that a disproportionate number of our young men are snakebit once they get to college.

Sounds like something that he would've had previously but didn't get detected till he was at Michigan with the more in depth physicals they get at that next level. Good thing is he should qualify for medical hardship and still stay on scholarship, get that free education..

It is posted that the Eagles have 220 kids 9-12. Wow, that is a lot. About twice as much as Mentor routinely has 9-12. How long have the Eagles maintained 200+ on the roster? How does that compare to what Ignatius is doing these days?

I was surprised at that 220 number too.

Ignatius, I would guess, is around 200. Varsity numbers seemed lower last season.

Eds is the premier football program in NEO now. 4 titles since 2010 will do that.

Can't make the trip, but I'd appreciate a recap. Safe travels.

The defense is going to be so much fun to watch this season. Pietrowski had two sacks early, if McKinley didn't leave a TE to help chip it was game over. He's ready for a monster year from what I could see. Colangelo and Lee were active inside too. Entire D was impressive though, didn't even have all starters too. But every level is deep, Montorie Foster even looks like he's learning and settling in at CB.

Formoni on O is going to carry the rock 20-30 a game. Legs never stop, took a big shot at one point from McKinley's stud MLB but he didn't wrap and next thing you know Formani is 15 yards downfield moving a pile still. Really like the first OL unit too. O'Malley was on, I'm still learning the wideouts.

Biggest takeaway I had as an outside set of eyes to improve on was drops. Wideouts at JV level had about 8, saw a couple with Varsity too.

Also came away extremely impressed with the incoming Freshman too. LOT of size on their OL and DL class. Lombordo found some gold there...

Status
Not open for further replies.