St. Charles?????

i was on that relay so when you say things like steven springer shouldve been on it, i take it personally. you were right that joey led off but utterly it was brower's decision to take springer off the relay and if you know anything about the team, you never question his judgment.

xbmbr88 said:
try not to sound like a stuck up junior

ok.... try not to be a wothless graduated kid. :wallbang: mr. wright. :hello: but apparently i dunno about the team even though i've been throwin off facts that are obviously true.... :shrug: and fyi everyone is entitled their own opinion. brower has his i have mine. its a free country.

God bless the u.s of a. :party:

cuz u kno i'm right. thank u very much. and i'm glad u take it personally it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. cuz to be honest i think u were the ? on the relay. that got.... second.

aquabomber08 said:
cuz u kno i'm right. thank u very much. and i'm glad u take it personally it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. cuz to be honest i think u were the ? on the relay. that got.... second.

dude, harsh. You think maybe your going a little bit to far?

XdesIDtrans said:
X is definitely the favorite this year...but 2008? St. Charles might have the edge at this point - it may be even closer than Upper Arlington was...X will definitely need to step it up.
XdesIDtrans said:
Sophomores (freshman = *) who made prelims for St. Charles (best Canton times):
Alex Schaffer: Relay start 50 free............22.23
Alex Schaffer: 100 Fly...........................52.41
Marshall Sherman: 200 Free.................1:44.15
Marshall Sherman: Relay start 50 Free......21.34
Marshall Sherman: 100 Back...................52.01
Marshall Sherman: Relay start 100 Free....46.87
Scott Martin: 200 Free.......................1:44.49
Scott Martin: 100 Free..........................48.05
Scott Martin: Relay start 50 Free............21.49
Scott Martin: Relay start 100 Free...........47.01
Neil O'Kelly: 50 Free..............................22.54
Neil O'Kelly: Relay start 50 Free...............21.93
*Erik Mai: 100 Breast..........................1:01.57

Sophomores (freshman = *) who made prelims for St. Xavier (best Canton times):
Jim Barbiere: Relay 50 Fly.......................24.17
Jim Barbiere: 200 Free.........................1:42.32
Jim Barbiere: 100 Back...........................50.69
Jim Barbiere: Relay start 100 Free............46.46
Steven Springer: Relay start 50 Free........22.11
Steven Springer: 50 Free.......................22.13
*Matt Columbus: 500 Free...................4:40.37
*Will Lawley: 500 Free........................4:51.05

That said, there are likely some underclassmen that could have made Canton but there where already 4 entered into the event...This is particularly true in St.Xs case as the lineup was loaded with Sr's and Jr's whereas St. Charles' sophomores were among their best swimmers. This year of course will give us a much better idea of how they match up, I know of some talented guys on X's team that haven't made a showing yet.
hmmm... I get a 1:18 in the 100 breast :) HAHAHA... What can I say, I try....
-ROLL RED ROLL

aquabomber08 said:

yes, they were second by .10 seconds....and were High School All Americans. Gosh, you need to pay more attention to that Men for Others thing.

aquabomber08 said:
maybe.... but it needed to be said

Why??? Let's dump on a nice kid that contributed alot to last over the last 4 years. Coach Brower would be proud of you. Not.

yeah he shoulda shaved along with his taper..... i hope he continues to get faster so we can have a free relay that is fast as ----

I'm a St. Charles alum , and I swam under Kyle for a little bit. I don't think they are trying to be cocky and put St. X down. I know for a fact that Kyle has great respect for St. X and UA also. All that those quotes show is that St. Charles has high goals. To be the best you have to compete with the best. St. Charles had to climb to the top of the Central District by continually competing with UA until after a long time they were able to beat UA. St. Charles just now has to try to compete with St. X first. Everyone around the state respects your program. Everyone realizes what you guys have done. There is no reason to try to put down St. Charles for wanting to compete with you guys.

St. X won both the dual meet and the Invitational.

I'm kind of unclear about the dual meet. But it appears that some if not all the distances for the evens were doubled, which would definitely give even more of an edge to St. Xavier because St. X is a great distance team.

The Invitational was a litter closer, but St. X prevailed in it as well... 421-404.

Both teams were missing two of their better swimmers as far as I'm aware. X was without Mosko and St. Charles was without junior Scott Martin who was sick and tried to swim, but after the 200 free style had to bow out because it was just too much.

Congratulations to St. Xavier.

Also, Congratulations to St. Charles swimmers who swam well and put up some really nice times for early in the season.

The Invit results are on swimmeet.com. Fly 4 Fun you are right. The meet formats may not represent what may happen in the "high school" format. Some great swims from both St. X and St. Charles!

i dont really think that needed to be said...and if i wasnt nice to you in high school im sorry but there may have been a reason that was deserving of it. As to the ? on the relay sure it was between me and springer and Brower told me he was questioning springers start and would rather give the spot to a senior anyways. Sure i was the ? but i swam my *** off and gave it all i had, and i dont have any regrets getting second and i dont think anyone on the relay does.

Ps that was low

xbmbr88 said:
i dont really think that needed to be said...and if i wasnt nice to you in high school im sorry but there may have been a reason that was deserving of it. As to the ? on the relay sure it was between me and springer and Brower told me he was questioning springers start and would rather give the spot to a senior anyways. Sure i was the ? but i swam my *** off and gave it all i had, and i dont have any regrets getting second and i dont think anyone on the relay does.

Ps that was low

To my knowledge Xbmbr88 qualified to state in the 200 free and 100 fly. He was in the position to be on relay because others were inelligible or very inexperienced. Asking a middle distance swimmer to crank out the fastest 50 split when on a relay with sprinters like Charlie and Brad is unreasonable. He actually did have the fastest split on the relay at Districts where that relay won the District championship so he gave it his best. Both St X and St. Charles had great relays. St. X got out touched.....end of story.

X is definitely the favorite this year...but 2008? St. Charles might have the edge at this point - it may be even closer than Upper Arlington was...X will definitely need to step it up.

Sophomores (freshman = *) who made prelims for St. Charles (best Canton times):
Alex Schaffer: Relay start 50 free............22.23
Alex Schaffer: 100 Fly...........................52.41
Marshall Sherman: 200 Free.................1:44.15
Marshall Sherman: Relay start 50 Free......21.34
Marshall Sherman: 100 Back...................52.01
Marshall Sherman: Relay start 100 Free....46.87
Scott Martin: 200 Free.......................1:44.49
Scott Martin: 100 Free..........................48.05
Scott Martin: Relay start 50 Free............21.49
Scott Martin: Relay start 100 Free...........47.01
Neil O'Kelly: 50 Free..............................22.54
Neil O'Kelly: Relay start 50 Free...............21.93
*Erik Mai: 100 Breast..........................1:01.57

Sophomores (freshman = *) who made prelims for St. Xavier (best Canton times):
Jim Barbiere: Relay 50 Fly.......................24.17
Jim Barbiere: 200 Free.........................1:42.32
Jim Barbiere: 100 Back...........................50.69
Jim Barbiere: Relay start 100 Free............46.46
Steven Springer: Relay start 50 Free........22.11
Steven Springer: 50 Free.......................22.13
*Matt Columbus: 500 Free...................4:40.37
*Will Lawley: 500 Free........................4:51.05

That said, there are likely some underclassmen that could have made Canton but there where already 4 entered into the event...This is particularly true in St.Xs case as the lineup was loaded with Sr's and Jr's whereas St. Charles' sophomores were among their best swimmers. This year of course will give us a much better idea of how they match up, I know of some talented guys on X's team that haven't made a showing yet.
I'm speechless...wow.... uhmmm I get a 1:15 in the 100 breast... :laugh: