Springboro seeks 7th Coach in 10 years

Think most teams would prefer to jump in the Wayne bracket before Centerville. It’s going be similar to the Moeller years how long can teams avoid Centerville

Springboro is now finally beginning to emerge more as a TEAM than a bunch of “I gotta get mine” players. The increase in production from the down under guys has been dramatic the last couple of games. They have two outside shooters hovering around the 50% mark from the arc, a point guard who can deliver sleight of hand assists, a core off the bench that add quality minutes and put the ball where it needs to be. When I see the top scorer with 3 or 4 assists I know we have a TEAM out there. As that happens everyone on that TEAM is getting theirs and the TEAM wins.

I I forgot to mention the freshman kid who if he learns that layups are made with his strong legs with his eyes focused on his target above the rim, he will power through a lot of competition.

what's the big causes of coaching turnover? at west clermont we are running into the same issue, not sure if the current coach will want to stay, we'll be facing four coaches in 5 years, is it admin or is it community// my son in the program is struggling with the uncertainty, but ive heard old sayings that coaching turnover is driven by administration, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on how situations can be handled better

Saw they almost scored 30 at flying to the hoop. Looks like it is turning around.
If you saw the game, you know the problem was the Lima Sr kids were individually better than the Springboro kids and it wasn't close. Springboro has nobody that is a Flying to the Hoop level player. I will say they played incredibly hard for Bales and ran good stuff which is a turn-around from previous seasons.

If you saw the game, you know the problem was the Lima Sr kids were individually better than the Springboro kids and it wasn't close. Springboro has nobody that is a Flying to the Hoop level player. I will say they played incredibly hard for Bales and ran good stuff which is a turn-around from previous seasons.
That's the way it will be at Boro. They will have some talent but some nights they won't have as much talent as the other team. Can Bales coach a team like that up? He is not used to being undermanned.

That's the way it will be at Boro. They will have some talent but some nights they won't have as much talent as the other team. Can Bales coach a team like that up? He is not used to being undermanned.
I say No. That's why he left Franklin. They are currently winless

I agree but don't think it should be that way in one of the largest districts in Dayton. The key would be development within the youth/JH program but that will take time and will he have that much time.

Just because a district has a large amount of students doesn’t translate to success
Completely agree, but a huge number of kids plus a great coach that builds a program from 2nd grade on up generally translates to success. Remains to be seen if that is what Springboro has.

LOL. They havent beat one team with a winning record. Were down 33-9 at halftime on Monday. Took OT to beat 1-12 Badin by 1 point. When Greer and White both transfer after the year, it should tell you all you need to know about the legend of Bales. Always had more talent than everyone he played at Franklin. You know like last year was 18-2 and Boro was terrible, yet Boro went into Franklin and popped him by 10
Couldn't have said it any better... Any idea where Greer and White are going? Greer has been hit-and-miss in box scores, has he been hurt?

Couldn't have said it any better... Any idea where Greer and White are going? Greer has been hit-and-miss in box scores, has he been hurt?
He has a foot injury. Heard he choose to have surgery since he wasn't having a great season but that's all hear say.

Agree that middle of the pack GWOC has a great chance to play for a district title with how big the gap between the GWOC and MVL usually seems to be.

I would think that at least 3-6 in the GWOC will end up in the same bracket after Centerville and Wayne slot. Maybe even the 7th and 8th place teams in the standings unless they prefer a fairly open path to getting hammered by Wayne to determine the district finalist in that given bracket.
It’s not that hard to get to the district when all you have to do is beat a couple of other GWOC bottom feeders to get there. Winning one is impressive. Huge drop off from Centerville and Wayne.

Last edited:
He has a foot injury. Heard he choose to have surgery since he wasn't having a great season but that's all hear say.
His dad is no dummy. He was yanked for the season because they know he's transferring and wasnt going to allow his son to lose scholarships by shooting the ball 6x a game. You can call it surgery if you want, it was more like, let's make some up until we can RJ out of here and Jerome isn't far behind. Made Butler and Greevy happy and are going to lose what you had to build around (White & Greer)

His dad is no dummy. He was yanked for the season because they know he's transferring and wasnt going to allow his son to lose scholarships by shooting the ball 6x a game. You can call it surgery if you want, it was more like, let's make some up until we can RJ out of here and Jerome isn't far behind. Made Butler and Greevy happy and are going to lose what you had to build around (White & Greer)
So does Yates stay?

Boro just lost in their round 1 tournament game to Piqua 59-54. Greer? White? They’re gone?
Both of them are gone! No surprise, only question is where will they go? Who is the favorite to land them? They have played together for years so do they go to the same place?