OH was not unfortunately. Great game though.Here is my take on the games...
#6 St. Ursula vs #5 Oak Hills = Oak Hills 2-1
- Is OH at full health? Eager to see how SUA handles the speed and athleticism of the forwards for OH. They didn't handle MND or Seton's well. Will OH clamp down on Wampler their playmaker? Could be lots of goals in this one.
#3 Seton vs #9 Mason = Seton 2-1
- Will Seton's funky defensive style in the back finally haunt them? Not sure it will here.
#1 Milford vs #7 West Clermont = Milford 1-0
- Injuries or not, Milford has to much talent and depth, but WC keeps it close again.
#4 Loveland vs #12 Turpin = Loveland 1-0
- Loveland's style prevails against a Turpin squad who struggles to score.
#2 Mount Notre Dame vs #10 Lakota East = MND 2-1
- East will give MND all they can handle, but MND has the experience and depth to prevail.
#1 Centerville vs #8 Butler= Centerville 4-0
- Centerville cruises.
#2 Springboro vs #6 Northmont = Springboro 1-0
- Northmont plays a good defensive game, Springboro finds 1 and that will be enough.
#4 Beavercreek vs #3 Miamisburg = Miamisburg 2-1
- This one will be fun! Miamisburg with its high powered offense with their 2 forwards. Got to give the slight edge to Miamisburg.
#1 Summit Country Day vs #4 Indian Hill = Summit 2-0.
- Summit has to much here for IH.
#5 Mercy McAuley vs #8 McNicholas = Mercy McAuley 3-1
- Great win by Mcnick, but Mercy McAuley and their strength of schedule prevails here.
#1 Waynesville vs #3 Oakwood = Waynesville 3-0
- Erbach is Erbach.. She gets 2-3 goals here. Waynesville cruises.
#2 Monroe vs #5 Clinton Massie = Monroe 4-1.
- Monroe defeats a not great defensive Clinton Massie team.
#3 Mariemont vs #4 Reading = Mariemont 2-1
- The experience of Mariemont gets them the win here.
#1 Cincinnati Country Day vs #7 Deer Park = CCD 6-0
- CCD cruises against a inferior opponent.
#2 Madeira vs #5 Williamsburg = Madeira 4-0
- Same with this game, Madeira advances with ease.
Okay, now try comparing the WC vs UA score vs the Seton vs UA scores, and the scores of any other common opponent. Also, WC plays an overly physical borderline bush league style of soccer that is undeserving of advancement.Milford vs WC. 3-2 and 1-0. Milford vs Seton 2-0
And WC is certainly not alone in that respect. At least the remaining GGCL schools, to some extent and certainly more so than the remaining ECC schools, win while trying try to play the beautiful game. Of course that style, while more admirable, is hardly predictive of high school state tourney success at this stage when matched against remaining teams with studs/athletes that, to say it nicely, play more directly (and frequently rely on corner/free kicks and throw ins to score and physicality to neutralize more skilled/talented opponents).Okay, now try comparing the WC vs UA score vs the Seton vs UA scores, and the scores of any other common opponent. Also, WC plays an overly physical borderline bush league style of soccer that is undeserving of advancement.
I care, and I suspect some club coaches may as well . However, I do agree that winning should trump all else. But that doesn’t mean that the distinction in style of play should not be mentioned in view of these matchups or that the more elegant style of play should not be lauded/celebrated by soccer enthusiasts.Who cares what style you play as long as you win. Loveland might be the most successful program over the last 10 years and their style is very different and most would say it’s ugly to watch but it wins.