Something I can get behind

No unusual weather expected in Northern Ohio this weekend. Expected conditions at 9:00 am in Avon Lake this Saturday: 37 F w/12 mph winds.

The previous 5 years:

3/30/19 - 57 F, 16 mph
3/31/18 - 35 F, 10 mph
4/1/17 - 38 F, 16 mph
4/2/16 - 40 F, 15 mph
4/4/15 - 31 F, 14 mph (cancelled due to weather)

Weather for early season meets in Northern Ohio usually stinks, but it's what we normally have. Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.

I like how Altor thinks.

I saw a few meets scheduled for Thurs. afternoon were cancelled. Practice was miserable enough.

Weather for early season meets in Northern Ohio usually stinks, but it's what we normally have. Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.
That's my point (well, that, and I wanted to share a fun April Fools Day article). If the weather generally stinks, why do we schedule 9:00 start times at this point in the season? It seems to me it would make more sense to schedule them later in the day when the sun has had some time to work its magic. I'd prefer 11:00, but would settle for 10:00.

Seemingly right on cue, the meet my school was supposed to attend on Saturday morning has been cancelled due to projected weather conditions.

We're on Easter Break next week. I'm rather flexible, so I left it up to my athletes as far as what time we would practice (i.e. most of mine are too young to drive, so no sense in me picking a time when they had no way to attend). They chose 9:30am. In spite of my efforts to nudge them toward a slightly later time, the whole idea of "getting it over with" dwarfed the idea of practicing a little later when the temperature might be more pleasant. Then again, we do have our share of days when the temperature drops during the course of the day.

Projected Weather Conditions??? It will be chilly but it is projected to warm up late morning, early afternoon. Not sure that is a reason to cancel.