Some really bad Big Ten/OSU statistics...

So the New Big 12 got a grand total of zero 5 stars. We’re gonna have to keep a close eye on that conference after Texas and Oklahoma leave to make sure they don’t deserve to get demoted to the Group of Five.

Satterfield, Malzahn and Holgorsen are combining to leave UC, UCF and Houston mired in mediocrity, so the new entries into the league really aren’t going to do anything to prop the conference up on the gridiron.

Kansas State and TCU are the only New Big 12 programs that currently appear to have a chance at being nationally relevant in the near future.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

So the New Big 12 got a grand total of zero 5 stars. We’re gonna have to keep a close eye on that conference after Texas and Oklahoma leave to make sure they don’t deserve to get demoted to the Group of Five.

Satterfield, Malzahn and Holgorsen are combining to leave UC, UCF and Houston mired in mediocrity, so the new entries into the league really aren’t going to do anything to prop the conference up on the gridiron.

Kansas State and TCU are the only New Big 12 programs that currently appear to have a chance at being nationally relevant in the near future.

I don't think anyone was going to take the Big 12 seriously every again after Texas and OU leave, problem is nobody is going to take the Big Ten seriously either especially with such a lack of talent across the conference.

Maybe I'm reading the tweet wrong, but it appears that there are 7 players signed as 5* recruits to Texas and Oklahoma - 22 to the SEC (29 if you count OU and UT).

But then he lists 17 as the number for the Big 12 later with (7) at the end - which to me means the 7 being counted from OU and UT. So that means there are 10 players signed to other Big 12 schools that are 5* right?

Maybe I'm reading the tweet wrong, but it appears that there are 7 players signed as 5* recruits to Texas and Oklahoma - 22 to the SEC (29 if you count OU and UT).

But then he lists 17 as the number for the Big 12 later with (7) at the end - which to me means the 7 being counted from OU and UT. So that means there are 10 players signed to other Big 12 schools that are 5* right?
The 17 number is the combined total for OU/Texas (7), Pac 12 (5), ACC (4) and Lil Ten (1). The rest of the Big 12 has zero if you take out OU and Texas.

You mean the two programs that haven’t had a conference championship appearance, let alone a conference title, the last 5 and 2 years, respectively? Also lol including Texas, who hasn’t won the Big 12 in nearly a decade and a half.

The tweet about not caring about defense doesn’t make any sense. That number would be worrisome if it were the fall.
6 DT…that’s 3 strings
6 DE…that’s 3 strings
6 LB…that’s 3 strings
5 CB…that’s 1 short of 3 strings (that’s too light)
8 ST…that’s nearly 3 strings

You mean the two programs that haven’t had a conference championship appearance, let alone a conference title, the last 5 and 2 years, respectively? Also lol including Texas, who hasn’t won the Big 12 in nearly a decade and a half.
The Yappi Ohio State community would be having a parade if Texas and Oklahoma joined the Big Ten. Of course, it goes without saying that both Texas and Oklahoma have won a national title and appeared in a national title game more recently than any Big Ten team not named Ohio State.

The Yappi Ohio State community would be having a parade if Texas and Oklahoma joined the Big Ten. Of course, it goes without saying that both Texas and Oklahoma have won a national title and appeared in a national title game more recently than any Big Ten team not named Ohio State.

For market domination purposes yes. Historical chest pounding, sure. Oklahoma’s recent (but not too recent) on field performance, sure. But for current pure on the field football reasons? Lol no. Also, don’t really care about the rest of the Big Ten. I tell you this every time you try to bring up conference pride. This ain’t the SEC.

For market domination purposes yes. Historical chest pounding, sure. Oklahoma’s recent (but not too recent) on field performance, sure. But for current pure on the field football reasons? Lol no. Also, don’t really care about the rest of the Big Ten. I tell you this every time you try to bring up conference pride. This ain’t the SEC.
Texas is trending up and easily could be a Top 10 team this coming year, and Oklahoma obviously won’t be down for long; they never are. Losing those two teams is going to be a major on-field blow for the Big 12.

The New Big 12 is essentially a conglomerate of Big Eight, Southwest Conference and American/C-USA also-rans, spread out over a vast swath of the nation. Without the allure of getting to play Oklahoma and Texas, it becomes that much tougher for the New Big 12 schools to recruit. Playing teams like Kansas, Iowa State, UC, UCF, WVU, Houston, etc. just isn’t a needle-mover.

Texas is trending up and easily could be a Top 10 team this coming year, and Oklahoma obviously won’t be down for long; they never are. Losing those two teams is going to be a major on-field blow for the Big 12.

The New Big 12 is essentially a conglomerate of Big Eight, Southwest Conference and American/C-USA also-rans, spread out over a vast swath of the nation. Without the allure of getting to play Oklahoma and Texas, it becomes that much tougher for the New Big 12 schools to recruit. Playing teams like Kansas, Iowa State, UC, UCF, WVU, Houston, etc. just isn’t a needle-mover.

Sure, they could be a top 10 team. Talent has never been an issue in Austin. And yet they still find ways to lose to bad teams like Maryland, Kansas, Maryland again, Texas Tech. They are an 5 loss team who wont return the best RB in America (and their best player), 2 starting DTs, all 3 starting LBers and half their secondary. Not to mention, Ewers will need to make a massive jump in year 3. He wasn’t great last year. On top of all that, Sark isn’t a winner. Texas has played in 14 one-score (8 or less points) games under Sark. They are 4-10. Of the 4 wins, only 2 are against teams with winning records (K State 2021, 2022). And we won’t even touch the subject on how every single year Texas is up and coming or finally turning it around just to lose 4+ games.

As for Oklahoma, it’s hard to replace one elite coach, let alone back to back likely HOFers. I like Brent Venebrales, but he hasnt proven anything yet and the SEC is much more difficult than the Big 12.