So What Do You Think About The Ohio State Loss?

It was clear to me that Ohio State was about 10-14 points better than Clemson.
The officials were, however, about 15-20 points better than Ohio State.
Crooked? Corrupt? Or just plain incompetent...? That's the question I have and want accountability and answers for...My hunch? Biased & incompetent.

It was clear to me that Ohio State was about 10-14 points better than Clemson.
The officials were, however, about 15-20 points better than Ohio State.
Crooked? Corrupt? Or just plain incompetent...? That's the question I have and want accountability and answers for...My hunch? Biased & incompetent.

SEC officiating crew, aligning the planets. ESPN/ABC money

Geaux Tigers!!!

I wasn't a fan of the calls (especially the fumble return for TD) but we, as a fan base need to be better than whining about the calls. If roles were reversed Buckeye fans would say "get over WE scored late fourth quarter and YOU threw a pick in the end zone" Just congratulate Clemson for the victory, move on and get a tad better next year. Get better in the red zone and quit running into punters.
And dont wish ill will against Clemson. The did nothing wrong to warrant hate. Do I want revenge? You betcha!! Hate Clemson? No not at all. I think LSU will win, but dont wish Clemson or Dabo any problems

I wasn't a fan of the calls (especially the fumble return for TD) but we, as a fan base need to be better than whining about the calls. If roles were reversed Buckeye fans would say "get over WE scored late fourth quarter and YOU threw a pick in the end zone" Just congratulate Clemson for the victory, move on and get a tad better next year. Get better in the red zone and quit running into punters.
And dont wish ill will against Clemson. The did nothing wrong to warrant hate. Do I want revenge? You betcha!! Hate Clemson? No not at all. I think LSU will win, but dont wish Clemson or Dabo any problems

Agreed but it still sucks when the refs have that much impact on the outcome of a game. I have also done a lot of complaining about coming away with 3 FG's in the redzone in the first half and what I thought was a terrible coaching decision on the punt block/roughing the kicker call. It was an unnecessary gamble when you were going to get great field possession with the lead. And that's not even mentioning the impact Dobbins' injury had on the outcome of the game.

All the stars had to align for Clemson to win that game. Think about it, the Buckeyes dropped three touchdown passes, roughed the punter and threw two interceptions. Clemson had no such calamities and didn't turn the ball over. Penalty on the targeting was unfortunate but it was helmet to helmet, wonder how the game would have turned out if that was a clean sack. Fumble reversal was a major blow and was the wrong call IMHO. The catch no catch rules in football now are infuriating because they change week to week and nobody call's it the same way. Bottom line is the Buckeyes were much more talented across the board and had to make some major mistakes for Clemson to win that game. If you are a Buckeye fan and want to get sick, watch the last play from behind Fields and see how wide open the left side of Clemson's defense was. Fields could have ran it or thrown to the TE who was standing alone on the 15 yard line with one guy ten yards off of him. Would have either scored or been first and goal with 25 plus seconds to play

Of course Ohio State can't possibly lose on their own. There has to be some kind of conspiracy involving the TV networks, officials or some other alien being???

Ohio State, with many players who pile up stats in a very weak big ten conference, always come into these games and struggle. I thought Ohio State got off to a great start and had a chance to put a knockout punch on Clemson. But they dropped two TD passes and settled for field goals.
Once Lawrence took the helmet shot from Ward, and that's a clear definition of targeting, correctly called, he came alive. The 60 yard run was a highlight we'll see for the next season.
But even with that, Ohio State's offense really sputtered pretty much the rest of the game except for a couple of drives. I thought a key was the injury to Dobbins, and credit to him for coming back, but he was clearly not the same guy and believe it or not, Ohio State doesn't have a backup even close to him.
All that said, Buckeyes had the lead, had a chance with a first down or two to put the game away and did not do it. Lawrence had an epic drive at the end and even with that, the Buckeyes had time to win the game. Fields, who I felt played a great game, made one mistake and the pick ended the game.
And remember, Clemson was favored to win the game. It's time for Ohio State and big ten fans to stop complaining about the ACC and Clemson. I'd say the conferences are very comparable.

MontetheCarlo...If you didn't watch any of it...then you can't possibly understand the furor over the shameful officiating. And make no mistake, my anger is not at the ordinary pinstripe guys on the field...It's the blatant prejudice & incompetence of the "replay" idiots who in slow motion from 14 different angles and with zoom lenses WHO STILL CAN"T SEE A CATCH WHEN THERE IS A CATCH! It wreaks of corruption.

Of course Ohio State can't possibly lose on their own. There has to be some kind of conspiracy involving the TV networks, officials or some other alien being???

Ohio State, with many players who pile up stats in a very weak big ten conference, always come into these games and struggle. I thought Ohio State got off to a great start and had a chance to put a knockout punch on Clemson. But they dropped two TD passes and settled for field goals.
Once Lawrence took the helmet shot from Ward, and that's a clear definition of targeting, correctly called, he came alive. The 60 yard run was a highlight we'll see for the next season.
But even with that, Ohio State's offense really sputtered pretty much the rest of the game except for a couple of drives. I thought a key was the injury to Dobbins, and credit to him for coming back, but he was clearly not the same guy and believe it or not, Ohio State doesn't have a backup even close to him.
All that said, Buckeyes had the lead, had a chance with a first down or two to put the game away and did not do it. Lawrence had an epic drive at the end and even with that, the Buckeyes had time to win the game. Fields, who I felt played a great game, made one mistake and the pick ended the game.
And remember, Clemson was favored to win the game. It's time for Ohio State and big ten fans to stop complaining about the ACC and Clemson. I'd say the conferences are very comparable.

Agree with a lot of what your saying, but I would say the team up north, Penn State, Wisconsin and probably Minnesota are better than everybody in the ACC not named Clemson. OSU played 4 games against those teams this season. Also we can't pretend like there were no questionable calls and it was pretty one-sided.

You are an idiot if you think the Big 10 and ACC are comparable.

MontetheCarlo...If you didn't watch any of it...then you can't possibly understand the furor over the shameful officiating. And make no mistake, my anger is not at the ordinary pinstripe guys on the field...It's the blatant prejudice & incompetence of the "replay" idiots who in slow motion from 14 different angles and with zoom lenses WHO STILL CAN"T SEE A CATCH WHEN THERE IS A CATCH! It wreaks of corruption.
My understanding is that officials watch the replay in real time, not in slow motion.

If the Clemson debacle proves anything...It proves once again that as a whole the Big 10 remains overrated. No, the ACC isn't equal, but it isn't as inept as we Big Ten-ers would like to believe. Probably pretty close to the Big-12 is where its at.

MontetheCarlo...No, they don't. They watch the same replays you see at home...and then some + with discussions. There is NO WAY they can't get it right...and yet they DO, regularly. It stinks. It's just that these particular stinks really and actually cost a team a national championship. Pathetic...

This is what CBS Sports reported.

"However, ESPN's in-house rules expert Dave Cutaia noted during the broadcast that officials watch replays in real time, and as such, it did not appear as if Ross had a strong enough possession for a fumble to occur. He simply did not make a "football move" with the ball beyond getting two hands on it for a moment."

I'm totally indifferent to the outcome, so believe what you will.

My understanding is that officials watch the replay in real time, not in slow motion.

That is beyond an idiotic take. The entire point of replay reviews is so you can watch it in slow motion and pause the video. The refs on the field already saw it in real time and ruled it a fumble. ESPN should probably fire their in house “expert”.

That is beyond an idiotic take. The entire point of replay reviews is so you can watch it in slow motion and pause the video. The refs on the field already saw it in real time and ruled it a fumble. ESPN should probably fire their in house “expert”.

giphy.gif

If the Clemson debacle proves anything...It proves once again that as a whole the Big 10 remains overrated. No, the ACC isn't equal, but it isn't as inept as we Big Ten-ers would like to believe. Probably pretty close to the Big-12 is where its at.

Debacle? They lead the whole first half and were 1 play from winning the game. Clemson is clearly a good team loaded with NFL talent but OSU losing a close game doesn't say the Big 10 is overrated nor does it say the ACC is any better than anyone thought.

Debacle? They lead the whole first half and were 1 play from winning the game. Clemson is clearly a good team loaded with NFL talent but OSU losing a close game doesn't say the Big 10 is overrated nor does it say the ACC is any better than anyone thought.
Correct.
It stinks.
A heck of a lot better than 31 - 0.
And the 8th best record in the big beat the 3rd best record in the ACC. MSU over WF.

Agree with a lot of what your saying, but I would say the team up north, Penn State, Wisconsin and probably Minnesota are better than everybody in the ACC not named Clemson. OSU played 4 games against those teams this season. Also we can't pretend like there were no questionable calls and it was pretty one-sided.
Pretty obvious Iowa is better than any team not named Clemson in the acc. Pretty stupid comment to say the conferences are equal when only Clemson would be in the top tier in the big ten.