So Proud of those Panthers

Jteegardner

With all the negative BS surrounding the St Ed's game, I just want to say how proud I ma of them. They came 6 seconds away from beating the 10th rated school in the nation. Everyone was saying turbo clock, no chance, dial it in and so on. This team is special and will go far the rest of the year. Go beat Lou St X next week men!!

It is too bad the Referees were the storyline of the game. Maybe the worst and most bias group of HS Football Referees I have ever seen for a HS game in the Cincinnati community. Elder has a really good team, but we can't act like the Referees didn't have a significant impact on the game. And trust me I know the Referees in NE Ohio give StX, Elder, and Moeller similar treatment, but I have never seen it this bad.

It is too bad the Referees were the storyline of the game. Maybe the worst and most bias group of HS Football Referees I have ever seen for a HS game in the Cincinnati community. Elder has a really good team, but we can't act like the Referees didn't have a significant impact on the game. And trust me I know the Referees in NE Ohio give StX, Elder, and Moeller similar treatment, but I have never seen it this bad.
I don’t agree with this. Both teams got phantom holding calls inside the ten. Elder’s was a touchdown and they had to settle for a field goal.
Did the Elder kid really touch the ball on Ed’s onside kick? I was there and did not have the advantage of tv replay. This was the result of a personal foul on an extra point. How?

I don’t agree with this. Both teams got phantom holding calls inside the ten. Elder’s was a touchdown and they had to settle for a field goal.
Did the Elder kid really touch the ball on Ed’s onside kick? I was there and did not have the advantage of tv replay. This was the result of a personal foul on an extra point. How
Everyone conveniently forgets that and the no catch on 3rd down in the 4th qtr where the WR actually got his hands under the ball. Eds is just used to the officials and opponents cowering to them, which is why they act like babies when they don’t get every call. F**k em.

Nah, it was a good crew. Members of that crew have done state championship games. With only five officials it’s hard to see everything. Next year the state wants 6-man crews to help.

Ed’s coach was way out of line and deserved the UNS call. I would have liked to see a few more holding flags on Ed’s tackles, but again you can’t see everything.

Nah, it was a good crew. Members of that crew have done state championship games. With only five officials it’s hard to see everything. Next year the state wants 6-man crews to help.

Ed’s coach was way out of line and deserved the UNS call. I would have liked to see a few more holding flags on Ed’s tackles, but again you can’t see everything.
Hard to see any of the high profile Eds recruits being impact players in college. I’m already hoping ND cuts ties with Thomas and upgrades at DE.

High school football needs more than 5 officials but adding a sixth official to look for holding in the offensive backfield is the wrong move. They need to add more downfield officials where the side judge and field judge are in college and the NFL. Of course it’s all easier said than done since you need to get schools to pay for additional officials and find more officials to take those spots.

High school football needs more than 5 officials but adding a sixth official to look for holding in the offensive backfield is the wrong move. They need to add more downfield officials where the side judge and field judge are in college and the NFL. Of course it’s all easier said than done since you need to get schools to pay for additional officials and find more officials to take those spots.

I agree with everything you’ve said. The rational is this… the #1 complaint the state hears from coaches are low blocks by lineman on both the office and defense. The 6th official will be a center judge next to the referee to see that. Most schools don’t pass like the elite programs in the state do.

Hopefully for the final 4 and championship games they consider adding more officials down field.

if Eds doesn’t have Thomas & Mason, they lose. Stop playing this trash program. They’re just going to bring in more transfers next yr, bc they don’t respect anyone. I’m glad to hear Elder fans (not me) got nasty back towards Eds fans. That’s good, those idiots need to know they’d trash.

if Eds doesn’t have Thomas & Mason, they lose. Stop playing this trash program. They’re just going to bring in more transfers next yr, bc they don’t respect anyone. I’m glad to hear Elder fans (not me) got nasty back towards Eds fans. That’s good, those idiots need to know they’d trash.
It’s high school football. They’re high schoolers. Get a grip

It’s “only HS football” but one school feels the need to skirt the rules. And so many of you kiss their a** like they walk on water,
They didn't break the rules. They use open enrollment to get kids from anywhere, which is 100% legal, and they got sign off on the kid you keep saying is illegal. You're literally just making stuff up like a crazy person.

It’s not open enrollment you moron. They had kids transfer in. One after he left the school for the 2nd half of the school yr and one they directly contacted, which is against the rules , after relocating to Cleveland. And that kid will be at Eds an entire 3 months. That doesn’t seem to line up with the “Catholic” values of the school. They’re dirty Dbags and you’ll do anything to defend them bc you hate Elder.

What does allowing a kid to return to his school, which was approved by OHSAA, have anything to do with being Catholic?

And I've said plenty of times I don't hate Elder, I hate the entitled daddies of Elder that try to manipulate things behind the scenes, of which there are many.

And you’re going to accuse me of making stuff up? How many outright lies have you told about Elder?

And there’s were plenty of (fat) entitled Eds daddies causing a scene in the stands on Saturday. I was happy to hear Elder fans were giving it right back to them.

And you’re going to accuse me of making stuff up? How many outright lies have you told about Elder?
I've never lied. There have things I've posted that have been second-hand, I will admit to that. But I've never out-right made stuff up.

You're making stuff up that has been proven to be false.

No, you outright lied about the JV coach just this yr. You’re a POS, and even worse you’re just not very bright. You steal every argument from me and twist it to meet your own agenda.

I have no agenda, I have no kids on the team and I have no pity for my cousins step son who quit, bc he wasn’t good enough. Flat out, IDC about anyone, I only care about what I think will be best for Elder’s success.

No, you outright lied about the JV coach just this yr. You’re a POS, and even worse you’re just not very bright. You steal every argument from me and twist it to meet your own agenda.

I have no agenda, I have no kids on the team and I have no pity for my cousins step son who quit, bc he wasn’t good enough. Flat out, IDC about anyone, I only care about what I think will be best for Elder’s success.
I didn't outright lie, it was what was told to me. Probably not 100% the reason, but part of it.

Flat out, IDC about anyone, I only care about what I think will be best for Elder’s success.
And you don't think internal decisions are what are holding them back?

What stops them, besides them, from using open enrollment like everyone else in the state? Who else do you think is creating this reality you constantly whine about?

They don't roll out the red carpet when an outside athlete expresses interest. They just don't. The current coaches hate that aspect of HS sports, and they're never going to do it. Will some of the younger guys on staff start doing it? Perhaps.

But if they don't do some of it, the talent gap will continue to grow. It's just reality.

It’s “only HS football” but one school feels the need to skirt the rules. And so many of you kiss their a** like they walk on water,
I literally couldn’t care less. I check in on Elder athletics because it’s nice to see them do well, but Elder hasn’t affected my happiness or mood in over 10 years. You, my friend, have issues.

Well how about this Omar......proud of Elder for not being "cheaters" and still giving Eds a run for the their money.