Silent Night Game at Taylor University

I thought it was going to be silence for the whole game or something. Silence for the first ten points and then storming the court on the 10th point is kind of funny. I don't have a problem with it at all.

Do they get T'd up for their fans storming the court?

It would be okay without the storming of the court but that instantly makes it one of the dumbest things I've ever seen

Ohio's student section did something like this... Went completely silent and still (called the freeze) until 18:04 to play in the half (Ohio University is the first higher education institution in the state and northwest territories, founded in 1804) and then went crazy.

Ultimately we stopped doing it because enough people thought not making noise was lame and killed the point of the home court advantage.

For a school like Taylor that won't get any press without something like this... Might as well. :shrug:

It would be cool if they didnt actually have to stop play because they stormed the court. All for it if they just keep it in the stands

smh at the look at me generation. this is way we have quarterbacks like rg3-10 instead of lunch-pail guys like Steve Young.

smh at the look at me generation. this is way we have quarterbacks like rg3-10 instead of lunch-pail guys like Steve Young.

We don't have lunch pail guys because unions are dead. Lunch pails are for gophers who have no skills and need to band together with like-minded gophers to get paid.

We don't have lunch pail guys because unions are dead. Lunch pails are for gophers who have no skills and need to band together with like-minded gophers to get paid.

Go ask your IT guy at work if he can build a bridge, or a house, or anything else of that nature. Better yet, ask him if he WOULD. Lunch pail guys have to take care of pencil pushers because if not most would freeze to death as they starve.

Steve Young forever. RG who?

Go ask your IT guy at work if he can build a bridge, or a house, or anything else of that nature. Better yet, ask him if he WOULD. Lunch pail guys have to take care of pencil pushers because if not most would freeze to death as they starve.

I asked my it guy. He said he can and would. :shrug:

slide-by hasn't outsourced his IT to India yet. :laugh:

Ohio's student section did something like this... Went completely silent and still (called the freeze) until 18:04 to play in the half (Ohio University is the first higher education institution in the state and northwest territories, founded in 1804) and then went crazy.

Ultimately we stopped doing it because enough people thought not making noise was lame and killed the point of the home court advantage.

For a school like Taylor that won't get any press without something like this... Might as well. :shrug:

Yeah, that first 1:56 with no home court advantage probably screwed the Bobcats big time in some games.

I don't think they used to storm the court... but the silent night thing was cool before that became part of it. The crowd being right up to the sideline is a tad dangerous but hey, whatever works :cool:

Yeah, that first 1:56 with no home court advantage probably screwed the Bobcats big time in some games.

Ohio didn't become one of the best mid-major atmospheres by coming to the game to be quiet.

Not sure what UC draws to games but if Ohio could play UC's conference slate I am sure we would shame them. Hopefully that isn't far off. Ohio basketball is close.